久久亚洲国产成人影院-久久亚洲国产的中文-久久亚洲国产高清-久久亚洲国产精品-亚洲图片偷拍自拍-亚洲图色视频

Global EditionASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
Sports
Home / Sports / Tennis

Discussing crash, Venus Williams sheds tears at Wimbledon

Updated: 2017-07-04 09:27
Share
Share - WeChat

USA's Venus Williams reacts while playing her first round match against Belgium's Elise Mertens during the Wimbledon Championships in London, Britain, July 3, 2017. [Photo/Agencies] 

LONDON — Venus Williams wiped tears from her eyes during her Wimbledon news conference Monday.

She shook her head, fiddled with her hair and sat, silently.

The wave of emotion came as Williams attempted to answer a question about the two-car crash that police say she caused June 9 in Florida; a 78-year-old passenger in the other vehicle died 13 days later. Williams' 7-6 (7), 6-4 victory over Elise Mertens at the All England Club was the five-time Wimbledon champion's first match anywhere since the accident — and the first time she has spoken about it publicly.

Well, tried to speak about it. She began by saying: "There are really no words to describe, like, how devastating and ..."Williams paused.

"Yeah, I'm completely speechless," she briefly continued.

"It's just ...""Yeah, I mean, I'm just ..."Then she sat there, silently. Eventually, the moderator seated next to Williams temporarily halted the news conference, allowing the 37-year-old American to leave the room for a bit. She huddled nearby with her older sister, Isha, before returning. When the proceedings resumed, the moderator asked that the topic of the crash be avoided, saying, "Venus is willing to take a couple more questions about other things. Tennis, perhaps."The 10th-seeded Williams' return to action, and difficulty in addressing the off-court matters with the media — just last week, the police report was released, and a day later, the estate of the man who died sued her — were the most noteworthy happenings on Day 1 at the grass-court Grand Slam tournament.

There was, though, on-court news, too, of course, starting with this: No. 3-ranked Stan Wawrinka, a three-time major champion and the runner-up at the French Open just three weeks ago, dealt with a bothersome left knee and bowed out 6-4, 3-6, 6-4, 6-1 to Daniil Medvedev, a 21-year-old Russian ranked 49th who had never won so much as one Grand Slam match in his career.

"For sure, I wasn't feeling the way I wanted to feel," Wawrinka said.

"Apparently," he said with a grin, "grass is not the best surface for my knee."Wawrinka has won each of the other majors once apiece but Wimbledon has given him fits over the years. He has yet to get past the quarterfinals and this was his sixth exit in the first round.

Another seeded man hobbled by an injury departed when No. 20 Nick Kyrgios, a talented if temperamental Australian, stopped playing because of a hip problem. He dropped the first two sets against Pierre-Hugues Herbert of France before calling it quits.

1 2 Next   >>|

Most Popular

Highlights

What's Hot
Top
BACK TO THE TOP
English
Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

Registration Number: 130349
FOLLOW US
主站蜘蛛池模板: 日本一极毛片兔费看 | 久久婷五月天 | 久久久久久久综合色一本 | 午夜成年女人毛片免费观看 | 国产一区二区在线视频 | 欧美在线bdsm调教一区 | 成人免费在线视频 | 国产高清在线看 | 麻豆国产96在线 | 中国 | 精品视频久久 | 美女张开双腿让男人桶 | 欧美高清性色生活片免费观看 | 免费黄网在线观看 | 亚洲欧美日韩国产一区二区精品 | 日本国产精品 | 久久久久国产一级毛片高清板 | 国产精品久久久久久网站 | 国产成人精品高清在线观看99 | 青青草国产免费久久久91 | 国产成人一区二区三区 | 国产精品一二区 | 最新精品在线视频 | 999成人国产精品 | 九九精品免费视频 | 欧洲亚洲综合一区二区三区 | 国产精品单位女同事在线 | 99久久国产综合精品五月天 | 欧美性生交大片免费看 | 成人手机看片 | 天天欲色成人综合网站 | 国产成人狂喷潮在线观看2345 | 国产精品久久久久久久久久影院 | 国产日产高清欧美一区二区三区 | 亚洲一区二区三区免费看 | 国产夫妇肉麻对白 | www.成年人 | 青青青免费手机版视频在线观看 | 欧美视频xxxxx | 亚洲香蕉久久一区二区三区四区 | 一级毛片真人免费播放视频 | 国产美女精品视频 |