久久亚洲国产成人影院-久久亚洲国产的中文-久久亚洲国产高清-久久亚洲国产精品-亚洲图片偷拍自拍-亚洲图色视频

Global EditionASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
Sports
Home / Sports / Tennis

Zverev still waiting to put best foot forward

China Daily | Updated: 2017-09-01 09:26
Share
Share - WeChat

NEW YORK - It seems fair to conclude that No 4-seeded Alexander Zverev found his 3-6, 7-5, 7-6 (1), 7-6 (4) upset loss to Borna Coric in the US Open's second round on Wednesday night rather, well, upsetting.

"Today was upsetting," Zverev said. "The way I played was upsetting. The tournament so far is very upsetting for me."

The 20-year-old German is the highest-ranked man to exit Flushing Meadows so far and what bothered him so much wasn't merely that he didn't play well, but that there was a real opportunity for him to have a true Grand Slam breakthrough.

He was all too aware of that.

Because of injury withdrawals by past champions Andy Murray, Novak Djokovic and Stan Wawrinka, Zverev was the highest-seeded man on the bottom side of the tournament bracket.

"It's upsetting because the draw is pretty open in the bottom part. I felt like I should have been the favorite there," Zverev said.

"You know, I just played a very, very bad match, so it's unfortunate. But that's how it is."

He is widely considered the Next Big Thing in the sport, by virtue of his success outside of the majors. He's won five titles in 2017, including a pair of Masters tournaments.

Among them was a victory over Roger Federer in the final of a hardcourt event at Montreal last month.

"I know I could have done some big things here. I know I could have done something that I haven't done before," Zverev said. "But I won't. It's just as simple as that."

His Grand Slam record is not as impressive as what he's shown at lesser tournaments. He's made it as far as the fourth round at one of the four most prestigious sites in tennis only once, losing at that stage at Wimbledon in July.

Not that long ago, the 61st-ranked Coric was being spoken of in the same expectation-filled tones as Zverev.

Coric is only about five months older, and he beat Zverev in two previous encounters - in the US Open junior event when they were 16, and at a professional tour event when they were 18.

Zverev's analysis of what went wrong this time: "I just played very, very bad in the second and third sets. I should have won the third. I definitely should have won the fourth."

Toward the end of his media conference, Zverev - whose older brother, No 23 Mischa, made it to the third round by eliminating Benoit Paire 6-3, 6-2, 3-6, 6-7 (3), 7-5 - was asked what needs to happen for him to consider the rest of this season a success.

That did not go so well.

"I just lost in the second round of a major where I shouldn't have lost," he replied. "I'm not thinking about the rest of the year."

Associated Press

Most Popular

Highlights

What's Hot
Top
BACK TO THE TOP
English
Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

Registration Number: 130349
FOLLOW US
主站蜘蛛池模板: 久久久久国产精品免费网站 | 久久久久国产一级毛片高清板 | 日本三级韩国三级在线观看a级 | 丝袜美腿精品一区二区三 | 色狠狠色综合吹潮 | 国产成人在线看 | 成人看片在线观看免费 | 国产真实乱子伦精品视手机观看 | 欧美一级毛片免费看高清 | 亚洲一区二区三区视频 | 一级毛片在线视频 | 欧美一级在线全免费 | 欧美一级做 | 成人国产免费 | 国产精品2020观看久久 | 精品国产免费观看 | 国产成人一区二区视频在线观看 | 国产精品久久久久久免费播放 | 国产在线观看91精品一区 | 欧美一做特黄毛片 | a在线观看欧美在线观看 | 久久在线精品 | 97视频免费公开成人福利 | 国产一级特黄全黄毛片 | 偷拍精品视频一区二区三区 | 成年视频在线 | 国产免费影院 | 久久精品一区二区三区日韩 | 国产亚洲精品九九久在线观看 | 久久久久久综合成人精品 | 69性欧美 | 亚洲一区二区三区久久久久 | 国产爱视频 | 一级毛片大全 | 欧美一级做一a做片性视频 欧美一级做一级爱a做片性 | 一本一本久久a久久精品综合麻豆 | 精品欧美一区二区三区精品久久 | 亚洲欧美精品一区二区 | 国产精品日韩欧美在线 | 国产欧美一区二区三区沐欲 | 成人欧美日韩高清不卡 |