久久亚洲国产成人影院-久久亚洲国产的中文-久久亚洲国产高清-久久亚洲国产精品-亚洲图片偷拍自拍-亚洲图色视频

Global EditionASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
Travel
Home / Travel

Turkey expects tourism rebound despite losses

Xinhua | Updated: 2020-05-26 08:38
Share
Share - WeChat
Turkish teenagers sit by the Golden Horn in Istanbul on May 15. The country expects to resume domestic tourism in late May and international tourism after mid-June. [Photo/Agencies]

ANKARA-Turkey is hoping to revive tourism in the coming weeks with a strict plan, but visitor numbers and revenues will still drop amid the "new normal" and affect the economy during the COVID-19 pandemic, experts say.

Turkey expects to resume domestic tourism in late May and international tourism after mid-June, Culture and Tourism Minister Mehmet Nuri Ersoy said earlier this month.

"I hope tourism will start with some tourism mobility domestically by May 28," he tells broadcaster NTV.

"We also expect international tourism to start with some countries after mid-June."

The first source countries may be Asian, including China and South Korea, he says.

Turkey's tourism sector said on Thursday that it looks forward to attracting Chinese tourists once the pandemic is fully contained.

"China is a huge market, and we are attaching significant importance to the country and Chinese people," Firuz Baglikaya, head of the Association of Turkish Travel Agencies, said at an online news conference in Istanbul.

Baglikaya says that China and Turkey will continue to improve their already strong ties when conditions return to normal in the postpandemic era.

"We have our most prestigious tour operators in China, trying to promote Turkey in the best way possible to the Chinese people," Baglikaya says.

"They would continue to prepare suitable holiday packages for them and provide their favorite types of vacations in the best ways possible."

Baglikaya also notes that a state-run promotion office is preparing to carry out activities in China.

Turkey received over 420,000 Chinese in 2019, when the county's annual tourism revenue hit $34.5 billion, according to official data.

Ersoy stresses that Turkey started a detailed certification program for hotels during the novel coronavirus outbreak.

"It (the certification program) was the first in the world, and the EU also decided to initiate a similar one," the minister says.

Tourism accounts for around 10 percent of the nation's GDP.

Before the pandemic, Ankara had set a target of $41 billion and 58 million tourists, but these are now virtually inconceivable.

"If we could meet over half of this target, I believe it would be a success," says Ankara-based travel agency manager Serkan Yagci.

"The year started horribly. And this virus is not ready to leave us alone. For us as travel agencies, it's possibly the biggest crisis that we've had to live through, and we don't know how domestic and foreign tourists are going to react to the new norms defined by the authorities."

The Tourism Ministry will reportedly resume tourism under the guidance of 132 specific and comprehensive measures.

Turkey has launched telephone diplomacy with 70 countries to inform them about its health infrastructure and assure them that Turkey is safe for travel, Ersoy says.

Protective suits and facial masks will be available at the entrance of every tourism facility, and body temperatures will be recorded using thermal sensors.

Tourism representatives say open buffets like those found in many all-inclusive hotels will be suspended. Likewise, group tours will be required to reduce member numbers.

Currently, 90 to 95 percent of tourism facilities across the country are closed.

Irfan Karsli, who owns the Istanbul-based Ligarba travel agency, hails the measures but says prospects aren't optimistic this year.

"We still don't know if the pandemic will allow us to have a tourism season. Even if we can control the health situation, we have to give assurances to our clients that everything will be OK once they are here, and this is difficult," he says.

He believes Asian tourists will be reluctant to travel to Turkey in the coming months.

"Businesspeople, academics and other related professionals from Asia will eventually return to Turkey. But I think that traditional tourists will skip Turkey or any other country for some time," he says.

In order to make up for some of the losses, Turkey will next week start accepting foreign patients from 31 countries, such as Greece, Russia, Germany, Britain, the Netherlands and Pakistan, within the health-tourism framework.

COVID-19 positive health tourists aren't allowed in hospitals.

Turkey has become a destination for health tourism in recent years, attracting over 1 million inbound patients in 2018, according to official data.

Most Popular
Top
BACK TO THE TOP
English
Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

Registration Number: 130349
FOLLOW US
 
主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产成人精品一区二区免费视频 | 在线中文字幕日韩 | 99久久亚洲综合精品网站 | 亚洲精品成人在线 | 在线视频一二三区2021不卡 | 国产欧美在线观看 | 欧美国产精品亚洲精品第一区 | 免费观看成人久久网免费观看 | 国产一区二区三区在线观看免费 | 欧美一级片在线免费观看 | 久草在线最新 | 免费播放欧美毛片 | 97se狠狠狠狠狠亚洲综合网 | 亚洲精品一级一区二区三区 | 日本在线理论片 | 久久亚洲一级α片 | 乱人伦中文视频在线观看免费 | 美女张开腿让男人桶爽免费网站 | 亚洲综合无码一区二区 | 久久九九免费 | 国产91久久精品 | 成人免费一区二区三区视频软件 | 日本aaaa精品免费视频 | 国产菲菲视频在线观看 | 香港三级日本三级人妇网站 | 欧美成人tv在线观看免费 | 一级片aaa| 欧美日韩在线观看免费 | 国产成人女人视频在线观看 | 男人干女人逼 | 欧美精品免费在线 | 国产黄色片在线免费观看 | 久久免费高清 | www.夜夜骑.com | 欧美精品xxx | 男人的天堂在线观看免费 | 日韩三级视频在线 | 久久777国产线看是看精品 | 国产成人精品日本亚洲专一区 | 欧美性色高清生活片 | 一级全黄毛片 |