久久亚洲国产成人影院-久久亚洲国产的中文-久久亚洲国产高清-久久亚洲国产精品-亚洲图片偷拍自拍-亚洲图色视频

Global EditionASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
China
Home / China / Northern China battles record flooding

Northeast faces double blow from typhoons

By LI HONGYANG in Beijing, TIAN XUEFEI in Harbin,TIAN XUEFEI and LIU MINGTAI in Changchun | CHINA DAILY | Updated: 2023-08-09 07:35
Share
Share - WeChat
People's Liberation Army Ground Force soldiers help build a temporary dike as floodwaters carried by the Lalin River hit the outskirts of Harbin, Heilongjiang province, on Tuesday. XIAO JINGBIAO/FOR CHINA DAILY

Thunderstorms forecast as rescue operations, mopping up continue

A large area of Northeast China is facing a double blow after one typhoon wreaked havoc as it headed north, and another is headed the same way.

Severe flooding as a result of the heavy rainfall brought by remnants of Typhoon Doksuri has inflicted huge losses on Jilin and Heilongjiang provinces in the past few days.

In Jilin, the downpour began on Aug 1, affecting most areas of the province. By Friday afternoon, Yongsheng Forest Farm in Shulan city experienced rainfall of nearly 500 millimeters, far exceeding the previous record of 103.6 mm, according to the local government.

By Friday night, the heavy rainfall had left 14 dead in the city, with one person still missing. More than 134,000 people have been affected by the floods, the Shulan flood control and emergency response headquarters said.

Jilin meteorological service forecast that from Aug 10 through 13, the province will likely experience thunderstorms brought by Typhoon Khanun.

Heilongjiang's southern areas have experienced record rainfall since Aug 2, leading to severe floods in Harbin and Mudanjiang cities. The provincial meteorological service issued red warnings for heavy rainfall, the highest of the four-tier warning system, from Aug 2 through 5.

By Sunday, more than 270,000 Harbin residents had been affected by the floods and over half of them relocated. About 90,000 hectares of crops have been inundated by water.

Thanks to early prevention measures, Huanshan village in Harbin, which is surrounded by mountains and has a population of 720, managed to avoid any casualties during the heavy rains and subsequent floods, Southern Weekly reported.

Zhang Zhenbao, a villager, said they had paid attention to the weather forecasts and planned ahead.

"As soon as the rainfall reached a certain level, we organized people to evacuate. As we are close to the mountains, we sought refuge in higher-up houses, gathering in these households. We squeezed ourselves in the houses by either sitting or standing, and managed to overcome this challenge," Zhang was quoted as saying.

He said on Aug 2, within eight hours of the water rising, a number of military boats arrived and began rescue operations.

To tackle the disaster, the provincial government has drawn rescue workers from various departments including transportation, housing and urban-rural development, emergency management, telecommunications, and power supplies to participate in rescue and relief efforts, Xinhua News Agency reported.

"With the floodwaters receding, villagers are intensifying their efforts to resume life," Zheng Xiaokang, a police officer from Jiangxi village in Mudanjiang told Xinhua.

In recent days, Zheng has been actively aiding villagers in removing mud from their homes and cleaning up premises.

"I still feel scared when I recall the recent flooding. In the face of the persistent downpour and rising river water, the consequences would have been devastating had we not managed the timely evacuation of villagers," Zheng was quoted as saying.

On Aug 3, in response to the critical situation, Heilongjiang raised its flood response level from four to three. A day later, the level was raised yet higher to two. So far, 25 working groups have been sent to rescue people and aid flood control work, the local government said.

The northeastern region of China remains on alert as Typhoon Khanun, the sixth typhoon of this year, is expected to bring strong winds and torrential rain to the region in the following days, Xinhua reported.

Top
BACK TO THE TOP
English
Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

Registration Number: 130349
FOLLOW US
 
主站蜘蛛池模板: 欧美yyy| 国内精品久久久久久久亚洲 | 深夜爽爽福利gif在线观看 | 国产v片成人影院在线观看 国产v片在线播放免费观 | 亚洲毛片在线看 | 免费男女视频 | 亚洲欧美卡通动漫丝袜美腿 | 成年人免费毛片 | aaaaaaa一级毛片 | 91av爱爱| 日韩免费高清 | 精品欧美一区二区三区精品久久 | 亚洲热播 | 亚洲精品成人一区 | 94欧美setu| 日本在线亚洲 | 亚洲精品成人网 | 黄色美女视频免费看 | 手机看片亚洲 | 大尺度福利视频奶水在线 | 国产精品爱久久久久久久小 | 国产经典一区 | 欧美最刺激好看的一级毛片 | 亚洲精品综合久久中文字幕 | 欧美日产国产亚洲综合图区一 | 欧美巨大精品欧美一区二区 | 国内精品久久久久久影院8f | 免费看黄网址 | 热re91久久精品国产91热 | 亚洲国产日韩欧美一区二区三区 | 久久精品免费观看视频 | 国产成人精品视频一区二区不卡 | 欧美激情视频在线观看一区二区三区 | 成人黄色毛片 | 天干夜天天夜天干天ww | 全免费a级毛片免费看 | 亚洲国产资源 | 成在线人视频免费视频 | 久久精品视频在线 | 国产一级一片免费播放i | 亚洲乱码一区二区三区国产精品 |