久久亚洲国产成人影院-久久亚洲国产的中文-久久亚洲国产高清-久久亚洲国产精品-亚洲图片偷拍自拍-亚洲图色视频

Global EditionASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
China
Home / China / Northern China battles record flooding

North China flood recovery to take 2 years

By ZHANG YU | chinadaily.com.cn | Updated: 2023-08-12 00:02
Share
Share - WeChat
People restore a warehouse from damage by floods in Zhuozhou, Hebei province, on August 8. [Han Bing / China News Service]

North China's Hebei province is set to undergo a two-year reconstruction effort following the recent downpours and devastating flooding that led to 29 deaths and 16 still missing, according to senior local officials on Friday.

"We will make concerted efforts to rebuild our homes together step by step," Zhang Chengzhong, head of the province's flood control and drought relief headquarters, said at a news conference on Friday, adding that rescue workers are still searching for the missing people.

Zhang, also vice-governor of Hebei, said that all students affected by the flooding will return to school as scheduled for the upcoming semester, while people relocated from flood-prone areas will either return home or relocate to new homes before winter arrives.

Before the next flood season, which usually runs from July to August, the province will complete reconstruction of damaged or ruined flood-control public works, and all reconstruction will be finished in time, he said.

The province will also carry out analysis of causes behind the severe damage in order to enhance the drainage and waterproofing systems, said Jia Letang, deputy head of the Hebei Development and Reform Commission, during the news conference.

During reconstruction work, flood control projects will be planned reasonably in order to improve the infrastructure's anti-flood effectiveness and avoid repeat disasters, Jia said.

Triggered by Typhoon Doksuri, Hebei suffered heavy downpours from July 27 to Aug 2, and during the period, the amount of rainfall in Hebei was equivalent to 27.5 billion cubic meters of water.

As of Thursday, more than 3.8 million people in 110 county-level regions in the province were affected, and more than 1.7 million were evacuated with most relocated to temporary shelters.

The flooding also destroyed a number of power, water, transportation and communication facilities. "Most of these have been repaired and the rest are in the process of rapidly returning to working order," Zhang said.

The province's direct economic losses from the flooding reached 95.8 billion yuan ($13.2 billion).

Among flood recovery measures, the province began using seven flood detention basins, including Langouwa and Dongdian, successively since earlier this month.

"The number of detention basins put into use is the most since 1963," Zhang said, adding that the measures have effectively reduced pressure on downstream waterways.

As of Thursday, the basins have helped divert and store 4.12 billion cubic meters of floodwaters, submerging a maximum area of 1,399 square kilometers, said Cui Zhiqing, head of the province's water resources department.

Flood detention basins are part of the province's flood control system together with reservoirs, river channels and dikes, Cui said, adding that Hebei has 13 such basins.

Currently, the water levels in these basins are receding and the process is speeding up.

Cui added that people will then be compensated according to regulations for their losses for such assets such as crops, animals and property damaged or lost in the disaster.

"All the things I have protected over the years are gone, and now I need to start from scratch after the flooding," said local Sun Zhan on Thursday, staring at his destroyed home in Wanghaizhuang village, Zhuozhou city — one of the hardest-hit places in Hebei.

Sun harvested over 6,000 kilograms of wheat and had spread them out to dry in his yard before the floodwaters arrived.

He sold them on Thursday, for less than 0.8 yuan per kg, as feedstuff for cattle. "I could sell them for about 2.8 yuan per kilogram if they were not soaked," the 46-year-old farmer lamented.

During the flooding, he also lost his home, which collapsed, and he has reported his losses to the local government, which is collecting the information for future compensation.

"But we still have hope as long as we are alive," Sun said.

Top
BACK TO THE TOP
English
Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

Registration Number: 130349
FOLLOW US
 
主站蜘蛛池模板: 一区二区三区国产精品 | 久久99精品久久久久久h | 一区二区三区国产精品 | 日本乱子伦xxxx | 国产亚洲欧美一区二区 | 一级生性活免费视频 | 国产在线精品二区韩国演艺界 | 91热久久免费精品99 | 国产亚洲欧美一区二区 | 在线亚洲精品国产成人二区 | 日本三级精品 | 亚洲综合色就色手机在线观看 | 在线观看日韩www视频免费 | 免费看三级毛片 | 国产日韩在线视频 | 欧美操操操操 | 欧美综合精品一区二区三区 | 永久免费看毛片 | 久久99亚洲网美利坚合众国 | 国产在线精品一区二区 | 精品国产看高清国产毛片 | 美国aaaa一级毛片啊 | yy毛片 | 国产成人一区二区三区在线视频 | 久草视频观看 | 91看片淫黄大片欧美看国产片 | 久草中文在线视频 | 亚洲精品一区二三区在线观看 | 在线观看亚洲免费 | 曰韩一级| 欧美笫一页 | 免费国产a理论片 | 国产精品一区二区久久精品涩爱 | 亚洲国产精品线在线观看 | 亚洲天堂2016 | 韩国一级黄色大片 | 99久久精品国产综合一区 | 国产欧美久久久精品 | 亚洲理论视频 | 成人综合婷婷国产精品久久免费 | 欧美三级在线观看不卡视频 |