久久亚洲国产成人影院-久久亚洲国产的中文-久久亚洲国产高清-久久亚洲国产精品-亚洲图片偷拍自拍-亚洲图色视频

Global EditionASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
Sports
Home / Sports / Golf

Schauffele: History suggests rival tours will unite

Updated: 2024-03-21 09:20
Share
Share - WeChat
Xander Schauffele lines up a putt at TPC Sawgrass last week. GETTY IMAGES/AFP

Xander Schauffele largely stays out of the direct media spotlight, but as the highest-ranked player in this week's Valspar Championship, it was only a matter of time before he was asked about the fractured state of professional golf.

The 30-year-old takes a philosophical approach to life on and off the golf course, which he used in weighing reported offers from LIV Golf that he turned down, as well as overcoming another Sunday letdown that saw him fall one shot shy of Scottie Scheffler at The Players Championship.

Asked on Tuesday where he sees professional golf in three years, Schauffele said he's "just going to lean on the side of history".

That means bringing the stars from the PGA Tour and LIV Golf back together for more than the four majors each year.

"My guess would be that we would all be playing together again. I think that's what fans would want, I think that's what TV would want, and golf as a whole would probably be better off that way," Schauffele told reporters on Tuesday. "Just like all sports when they have been fractured, they have always come back together."

Schauffele wasn't at Monday's meeting in the Bahamas between PGA Tour commissioner Jay Monahan and the player directors from the tour's policy board with Yasir Al-Rumayyan, the head of the Public Investment Fund of Saudi Arabia. He believes there are still many questions to be worked through before any future vision is "set in stone", but believes discussions are moving in the right direction.

That includes the newly formed PGA Tour Enterprises, a for-profit entity that will receive up to $3 billion in investment. That has muddied the waters in considering how further investment from PIF, which also funds LIV, might work and look like.

"I think everyone needs to understand that we are entertainers, to an extent, and we have to be loyal to the fans and produce a good product for TV ratings and things of that nature," Schauffele said. "That's sort of — now that we have a foot in the business department — I think that's sort of the direction things are going.

"I think the tour's just trying to find the right way to push forward, and it's going to be impossible to keep everybody happy, but hopefully some sort of unification at the end of the day and then with that will be TV ratings. I think you can kind of put the horse in front of the carriage at that point and then sort of just chum along, versus sort of feels like we're sort of guessing a little bit on how to get it done.

"It's understandable, because I don't think anyone has the right answer to keep everyone happy."

One of the key sticking points has been the notion of how players who turned down massive offers from LIV may be compensated for that decision should players who left be allowed to return to the tour. Schauffele relied on that philosophical approach instilled by his father, Stefan, in saying that compensation for his past decision isn't a factor for him personally.

"I think that goes into the accept boat for me, if we're going to run that sort of scheme on your question here," he said. "I have to accept sort of any decision I was going to make a long time ago regarding to what you just mentioned with money and moving and them coming back and stuff of that nature.

"I'm very content with where I sit right now and I would have chosen otherwise if I — I don't have any regrets over what I've done or what I'm doing, so I'm sleeping just fine at night knowing where I stand."

Acceptance was a term Schauffele also used when asked how he has coped with losing to Scheffler by a single stroke on one of golf's biggest stages. The 54-hole leader, Schauffele was outscored by six shots on Sunday by the world's No 1-ranked player.

A seven-time winner on the PGA Tour and an Olympic champion, Schauffele's critics still point out the lack of a major championship or a win at The Players. He now has double-digit runner-up finishes on tour, including at three of the four majors along with a tied-third at the 2019 US Open.

Agencies via Xinhua

 

Most Popular

Highlights

What's Hot
Top
BACK TO THE TOP
English
Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

Registration Number: 130349
FOLLOW US
主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产欧美日韩精品a在线观看 | 91精品国产91热久久久久福利 | 日韩高清免费观看 | 天堂视频在线免费观看 | 欧美一区二区精品 | 日韩免费一区二区三区 | 热热涩热热狠狠色香蕉综合 | 久久精品视屏 | 国产免费高清在线精品一区 | 性久久久久 | 免费一级欧美大片在线观看 | 久久有精品 | 女仆色在线 | 亚洲精品一区二区三区第四页 | 国产91精品久久久久久久 | 免费看黄色的网址 | 波多野结衣一级视频 | 欧美一区二区三区国产精品 | 午夜成年女人毛片免费观看 | 成人午夜久久 | 性刺激久久久久久久久 | 透逼视频| 久久五月女厕所一区二区 | 九九在线精品视频xxx | 顶级毛片在线手机免费看 | 国产日韩在线观看视频 | 99热只有精品一区二区 | 午夜在线视频一区二区三区 | 久久综合婷婷 | 久久99精品久久只有精品 | 韩国午夜三级理论 | 青青草国产免费一区二区 | 国产高清天干天天视频 | 日本在线www | 亚洲综合影视 | 美女张开双腿让男人桶 | 欧美黑人巨大最猛性xxxxx | 欧美一级毛片无遮挡 | 精品韩国主播福利视频在线观看一 | 欧美国产一区二区三区 | 亚洲欧美极品 |