久久亚洲国产成人影院-久久亚洲国产的中文-久久亚洲国产高清-久久亚洲国产精品-亚洲图片偷拍自拍-亚洲图色视频

Global EditionASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
Sports
Home / Sports / F1

FIA chief not ruling out team No 12

Updated: 2024-12-05 09:04
Share
Share - WeChat
FIA president Mohammed Ben Sulayem is seen during qualifying in Saudi Arabia, March 8, 2024. [Photo/Agencies]

Formula One could expand to 12 teams now that General Motors' brand Cadillac has been accepted as the 11th from 2026, according to FIA president Mohammed Ben Sulayem.

F1 has always had a provision for 12 teams in the rules, but there was strong opposition from commercial rights holder Liberty Media and existing teams to going beyond 10 before a deal was reached.

"Why not?" Ben Sulayem replied at Sunday's Qatar Grand Prix when asked if he would like to see the final slot filled.

"It's about doing the right thing. So why do we have an option of 12 if we are going to say no, no, no?

"With me it is very clear, it is a win for everyone with the 11th team."

Last week, Cadillac announced an agreement in principle with F1, while General Motors registered with the FIA as a power unit manufacturer, with a view to becoming a full works outfit by the end of the decade.

F1 had said in January it doubted the bid, originally presented as an Andretti one, would be competitive or add value, but relented after the original approach was re-positioned as a manufacturer-led one and Michael Andretti stepped back.

Ben Sulayem hailed the agreement as very important for the sport, and said he had been "sent to hell" and back after the FIA approved the Andretti bid last year and passed it on to F1 for consideration.

An investigation opened by the US House of Representatives Judiciary Committee into possible "anticompetitive conduct" also changed the landscape. Ben Sulayem said that the inquiry had an effect on the outcome.

"I had a meeting with them, and I was questioned. I have nothing to hide. I'm an elected president, you know ... based on governance and democracy and transparency. So, we did what the FIA did. And I am proud of what the team did," he said.

Ben Sulayem said the bid was always about quality rather than numbers — getting General Motors fully on board as a manufacturer and not about Andretti. F1 chief executive Stefano Domenicali had agreed with that.

"He said: 'We need an OEM, not just an extra team'," the Emirati said. "So they disappeared for a few months, and they came back with an OEM."

REUTERS

Most Popular

Highlights

What's Hot
Top
BACK TO THE TOP
English
Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

Registration Number: 130349
FOLLOW US
主站蜘蛛池模板: 韩国三级大全久久网站 | 初爱视频教程在线观看高清 | 模特精品一区二区三区 | 日本一级大黄毛片免费基地 | 亚洲成人黄色网 | 国产一区二区三区不卡在线观看 | 在线免费观看欧美 | 国产九区 | 99国产精品视频免费观看 | 日本视频在线观看不卡高清免费 | 精品久久香蕉国产线看观看亚洲 | 台湾三级| 国产九九视频在线观看 | 亚州中文 | 亚洲精品午夜国产va久久成人 | 澳门一级特黄真人毛片 | 国产国产人免费人成成免视频 | 一级毛片免费观看 | 理论片中文字幕 | 久草在线看 | 精品一区二区三区免费视频 | 国产精品视频视频久久 | 欧美成人午夜在线全部免费 | 美女扒开腿让男人桶个爽 | 91无套极品外围在线播放 | 9191精品国产观看 | 欧美亚洲综合另类在线观看 | 悟空影视大全免费高清 | 国产精品一国产精品免费 | 香港日本韩国三级网站 | 亚洲日本一区二区三区 | 亚洲国产欧美在线成人aaaa | 国产成人精品区在线观看 | 日本尹人综合香蕉在线观看 | 在线视免费频观看韩国aaa | 久久免费激情视频 | 免费看一级毛片欧美 | 国产精品秒播无毒不卡 | 一级片网站在线观看 | 国产一级毛片国产 | 天堂亚洲网 |