久久亚洲国产成人影院-久久亚洲国产的中文-久久亚洲国产高清-久久亚洲国产精品-亚洲图片偷拍自拍-亚洲图色视频

Global EditionASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
Sports
Home / Sports / Motor news

Grid locked: Shanghai secures five-year F1 extension

By HE QI in Shanghai | China Daily | Updated: 2024-12-09 09:19
Share
Share - WeChat
F1's return to China this year, following a five-year hiatus, drew 200,000 fans to Shanghai International Circuit. CHINA DAILY

Formula One announced a five-year extension with the Chinese Grand Prix on Friday, ensuring the presence of Shanghai International Circuit on the calendar until the 2030 season.

Co-announced with Shanghai Jiushi (Group) Co Ltd, the promoter of the Chinese Grand Prix, Shanghai will be the second stop of the 2025 season, scheduled for March 21 to 23. It will also feature the year's first F1 Sprint race, along with the first round of the all-female F1 Academy.

The extension comes after F1's triumphant return to China in 2024 following a five-year hiatus, which drew 200,000 enthusiastic fans to witness Max Verstappen's dual triumph in both the Sprint and the Grand Prix.

Over the two decades since its establishment, the 5.45km Shanghai International Circuit has solidified its reputation as a beloved destination for drivers and fans alike.

Drivers value the unique challenges it presents, such as the progressively tightening Turns 1 and 2, as well as the high g-force Turns 7 and 8. Since Rubens Barrichello's victory in the inaugural race, the Chinese Grand Prix has seen nine other winners, including six wins by Lewis Hamilton and two by Fernando Alonso from the current grid.

"Our return to China this season for the first time since 2019 was a fantastic moment for the sport, and it is incredible to see the levels of support that we enjoy in the country continuing to grow year-on-year," said F1's president and CEO, Stefano Domenicali.

"Shanghai is an incredible city, and the racetrack is a wonderful test for our drivers, so I am delighted that Formula One will continue its successful partnership with the Chinese Grand Prix for a further five years. I want to thank our promoter for their continued commitment and passion, and I look forward to returning to Shanghai in the new year," Domenicali added.

This extension signifies F1's ongoing expansion in China, reflecting the sport's increasing popularity and expanding audience.

The domestic fan base for F1 has surged to over 150 million, with more than half developing their interest in the sport in the last four years, and 50 percent of them being female. This growth is evident across various metrics, most notably in TV viewership, which rose by 39 percent in 2024 compared to the 2023 season average. Moreover, F1's presence on Chinese social media platforms has flourished, amassing a combined following of 4.4 million users across platforms such as Weibo, WeChat, Toutiao, and Douyin.

"For many years, Jiushi Group and our subsidiary, Juss Sports, have always adhered to our original intention to strive for the excellence in event organization, and this renewal is a testament to that. It is excellent news for fans in China, and is a perfect platform to showcase Shanghai to the world, as millions tune in globally," said Jiushi Group Chairman, Guo Jianfei.

As one of the country's premier recurring international events, the F1 Chinese Grand Prix has played a pivotal role in fostering the integrated growth of Shanghai's cultural, sports, and tourism sectors, yielding substantial economic advantages.

During this year's Chinese Grand Prix, hotel reservations in Shanghai surged by 63 percent compared to the corresponding period last year, and propelled the Shanghai International Circuit to the fourth most popular attraction in the city on several domestic travel platforms.

In terms of audience composition, 70 percent of domestic attendees hailed from regions outside Shanghai, while international visitors constituted 10 percent, marking a two-decade high.

"We fully understand that a successful Grand Prix is not only an exciting race event, but also a driving force for the whole of society to develop in a more positive direction. In the future, we will continue to optimize the event experience and attempt to achieve a sustainable contribution to society through innovative means.

"Looking ahead, we will continue to work closely with all partners, further strengthen our engagement with international audiences through the event platform, consistently improve the event quality, and better present the charm of Shanghai," Guo stated.

Most Popular

Highlights

What's Hot
Top
BACK TO THE TOP
English
Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

Registration Number: 130349
FOLLOW US
主站蜘蛛池模板: 日本妞xxxxxxxxx69 | 一个人看的日本免费视频 | 九月婷婷亚洲综合在线 | 女人aaaaa片一级一毛片 | 成人三级精品视频在线观看 | 黄色a免费| 一区二区三区亚洲视频 | 免费一级成人免费观看 | 黄色a一片| 亚洲最黄视频 | 香蕉久久久 | 国产夫妇精品自在线 | a级毛片免费全部播放 | 好湿好紧好痛a级是免费视频 | 成人做爰www | 在线观看的毛片 | 99爱在线精品视频免费观看9 | 91在线一区二区三区 | 免费三级网址 | 996热这里有精品青青草原 | 久久精品7| 在线免费一级片 | 69凹凸国产成人精品视频 | 在线观看成年人免费视频 | 色www永久免费网站国产 | 中文国产成人精品久久久 | 一级a毛片免费观看久久精品 | 国产成人综合久久精品红 | 她也啪在线视频精品网站 | 国内精品福利在线视频 | 国产亚洲亚洲精品777 | 精品视频一二三区 | 国产在线观看精品 | 欧美日韩精品一区二区另类 | 精品日本亚洲一区二区三区 | 一级毛片在播放免费 | xxx欧美老熟 | 欧美区一区二区三 | 一色屋成人免费精品网站 | 男女乱淫免费视频 | 国产一区二区三区免费大片天美 |