久久亚洲国产成人影院-久久亚洲国产的中文-久久亚洲国产高清-久久亚洲国产精品-亚洲图片偷拍自拍-亚洲图色视频

Global EditionASIA 中文雙語(yǔ)Fran?ais
China
Home / China / HK Macao

7 HK fugitives stripped of their passports

Six others are wanted on suspicion of violating national security laws

By Wu Kunling in Hong Kong | China Daily | Updated: 2024-12-25 08:44
Share
Share - WeChat

The Hong Kong Special Administrative Region government has revoked the passports of seven fugitives wanted for engaging in activities that endangered national security, and placed six other individuals on the wanted list on suspicion of violating national security laws.

The seven listed absconders are former legislators Ted Hui Chi-fung and Dennis Kwok Wing-hang, businessman Elmer Yuan Gong-yi, and lawyers Kevin Yam Kin-fung, Frances Hui Wing-ting, Anna Kwok Fung-yee and Joey Siu Nam.

"They are all living overseas," Secretary for Security of the HKSAR Chris Tang Ping-keung said at a news conference on Tuesday, adding that members of the public are prohibited from providing them with money, handling their funds, or engaging in any property dealings, joint ventures or partnerships with them.

The same rules apply for the six suspected offenders on the wanted list, each of whom carries a reward of HK$1 million ($128,742) on their head for information leading to an arrest.

The licenses for legal practice of Dennis Kwok and Yam have been suspended, while Yuan has been temporarily removed from his directorial positions in local companies.

The Safeguarding National Security Ordinance, which was enacted on March 23, grants the secretary for security the authority to specify people suspected of jeopardizing national security and believed to have fled overseas as "absconders" and imposed restrictive measures on them.

Arrest warrants for Ted Hui, Yuan, Dennis Kwok, Anna Kwok and Yam were issued on July 3 last year for allegedly violating the National Security Law for Hong Kong, while arrest warrants for Frances Hui and Siu were issued on Dec 14 last year. The seven had fled to the United States or Australia before the warrants were issued.

Tang said the seven absconders continue to engage in activities that endanger national security, inciting separatism and calling on foreign governments to impose sanctions on the nation and the HKSAR.

The senior official said that Ted Hui has colluded with foreign politicians to threaten national security and profited from his actions, adding that the SAR government has initiated legal proceedings to confiscate Hui's criminal proceeds of about HK$800,000 in accordance with the law.

A government spokesperson emphasized that the seizure only targets those who have committed and profited from offenses that endanger national security and does not impact law-abiding residents and businesses of the SAR.

At the news conference, Hong Kong police confirmed that, at their request, the court had issued arrest warrants for six more people accused of committing offenses under the National Security Law for Hong Kong, bringing the total number of people wanted for allegedly violating the law to 19.

The six added to the wanted list are former district councilor Carmen Lau Ka-man, scholar Chung Kim-wah, actor Joseph Tay, Tony Chung Hon-lam, Victor Ho Leung-mau and Chloe Cheung Hei-ching. A bounty of HK$1 million each has been issued for their arrest.

Their alleged offenses include subversion, incitement to secession and collusion with external forces to endanger national security.

The police said that after having fled overseas, the six suspects continue to engage in activities that threaten national security through various platforms and videos. These activities include advocating for "Hong Kong independence", seeking foreign sanctions against central government and local officials, as well as judges involved in national security cases, and calling for the closure of Hong Kong's overseas economic and trade offices.

Andrew Kan Kai-yan, deputy commissioner of police overseeing national security, urged the absconders to return to Hong Kong and give themselves up, saying that the force will continue to investigate related cases and pursue those who threaten national security regardless of where they are.

On Tuesday, Mao Ning, a spokeswoman for the Foreign Ministry, backed Hong Kong's move against the fugitives, saying that the SAR government is performing its duties in accordance with the law.

She emphasized that Hong Kong is a society governed by the rule of law, where no one has extralegal privileges, and any illegal criminal activity will inevitably be punished by the law.

In a statement on Tuesday, the Office for Safeguarding National Security of the Central People's Government in the HKSAR said the law enforcement actions taken by the HKSAR government effectively uphold the dignity of the law and safeguard national security.

The office said it will continue to work together with the SAR government to ensure the long-term prosperity and stability of Hong Kong society and the stable implementation of "one country, two systems" in the city.

Article 23 of Hong Kong's Basic Law requires the city to enact laws to prohibit various types of acts that endanger national security.

Implemented on June 30, 2020, the National Security Law for Hong Kong criminalizes acts of secession, subversion, terrorism and collusion with a foreign country or with external elements to endanger national security.

The Safeguarding National Security Ordinance punishes offenders who commit five types of acts that endanger national security, including treason, theft of State secrets and espionage.

?

Top
BACK TO THE TOP
English
Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

Registration Number: 130349
FOLLOW US
 
主站蜘蛛池模板: 亚洲欧洲久久久精品 | 国产精品免费看久久久 | 一级黄色毛片免费看 | 国产伦子伦视频免费 | 超级香蕉97视频在线观看一区 | rion美乳弹出来四虎在线观看 | 一级毛片免费视频观看 | 在线观看国产一区二区三区 | a级毛片免费看 | 国产美女拍拍拍在线观看 | 在线观看视频亚洲 | 国产美女在线精品观看 | 国产xvideos国产在线 | 在线亚洲日产一区二区 | 午夜性生活视频 | 一级啊片| 欧美日本一二三区 | 男人操女人逼逼视频 | 成人手机看片 | 日韩三级中文字幕 | 国产乱子视频 | 风流慈禧一级毛片在线播放 | 毛片啪啪视频 | 一级特黄aaa大片免费看 | 欧美成人午夜做爰视频在线观看 | 亚洲精品视频免费观看 | 久久综合久久自在自线精品自 | 成人欧美一区二区三区视频 | 成视频年人黄网站免费 | 日本免费人成在线网站 | 国产成人av性色在线影院 | 国产性较精品视频免费 | 一级毛片看一个 | 日本三级香港三级人妇gg在线 | 97视频在线观看免费 | 中文字幕精品视频在线 | 欧美三级在线观看不卡视频 | 日韩在线精品视频 | 亚洲综合91社区精品福利 | 欧美日韩亚洲在线观看 | 日韩三及片|