久久亚洲国产成人影院-久久亚洲国产的中文-久久亚洲国产高清-久久亚洲国产精品-亚洲图片偷拍自拍-亚洲图色视频

Global EditionASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
Sports
Home / Sports / Golf

As the sport struggles for stability, Scott's got plenty on his plate

Updated: 2025-01-13 09:31
Share
Share - WeChat
Adam Scott of Australia plays a shot from the seventh tee during The Sentry 2025 at Plantation Course at Kapalua Golf Club in Hawaii on Jan 2. GETTY IMAGES/AFP

HONOLULU — Adam Scott made it back to Kapalua and returned to the top 20 in the world rankings, but it's a wonder how he managed with so much on his plate. This coincided with his first full year on the PGA Tour board, and it was a lot.

The new PGA Tour Enterprises received $1.5 billion in funding from Strategic Sports Group and created a plan for players to receive equity shares. The first big change in eligibility in more than 40 years resulted in only 100 players from the FedEx Cup keeping their cards this year, and field sizes will shrink in 2026.

All the while, the affable Australian is part of the PGA Tour Enterprises transaction subcommittee with Tiger Woods and Rory McIlroy, which is negotiating with the Saudi backers of LIV Golf to become a minority investor.

And how's that going?

"Same as always. It sucks," Scott said in a hallway below the clubhouse at Kapalua, more matter-of-fact than showing any level of irritation. "It's not worth talking about. Obviously, it's so complex, and when the government department (Justice) is involved, I think we sit and just wait for them."

He laughed when he added: "If the PGA Tour is their priority, we've got problems."

By all accounts, the PGA Tour and the Public Investment Fund are closer than ever to an agreement, and it would not be surprising if a deal was announced before The Players Championship in March, but much depends on the United States Justice Department, with which the tour has been in touch through every step of the negotiations.

Further muddying the issue is the transfer of power at the White House in two weeks. Beyond that is perhaps the biggest question for golf fans: Even if the PGA Tour strikes a deal with PIF, what does that mean for the great divide in golf? What becomes of LIV?

"Soon there should be more movement," Scott said. "But it's very difficult to bring all of this together, certainly from a competition layout. It's a lot. Someone has to compromise their product. I don't like the sound of that generally. Who's going to do it? Everyone a little bit? That's not good. Someone a lot? That person is not going to be happy.

"It's really a tricky one."

LIV starts its fourth season next month in Saudi Arabia. It filled out its 14-tournament schedule on Tuesday by adding stops at Trump National Doral Miami, the Robert Trent Jones Golf Club in Virginia, Chapultepec in Mexico City and a course in Michigan that opened only last year.

Sports Business Journal, and most recently The Daily Telegraph, have reported on advanced negotiations for LIV to get a TV deal with Fox, although the network might need more than 14 tournaments to make it worthwhile. IMG owns the international media rights to the Asian Tour, in which LIV has invested heavily, creating the International Series. Bryson DeChambeau will be among those playing in India later this month.

Next on the plate of the PGA Tour is deciding what to do about the format for determining the FedEx Cup champion, and if the Tour Championship needs another facelift.

The wheels started turning back in August, much of it driven by television, to find a more compelling end to the season. Scott, it should be noted, in 2006, was the last winner of the Tour Championship before the FedEx Cup era began.

He liked how it was then — the best 30 players on the PGA Tour for the season, no one sneaking their way into East Lake by having one big week at just the right time. He refers to the Tour Championship as a "legacy" tournament that has "gotten lost in the wash".

One of the early ideas was to crown the regular-season champion after the first FedEx Cup playoff event, and that player and the BMW Championship winner would get byes in a match play format at East Lake. The course would be filled on the weekend with those who were eliminated playing for positions all the way down to 30th place.

Competition without real consequence is a tough sell.

Gaining traction is the idea of returning to the Tour Championship, which would start Wednesday, and the top finishers advancing to a final day to play for all $25 million.

Regardless, players seem to be divided on what would, or wouldn't, work. The board is involved — Patrick Cantlay, also a player director on the board, confirmed that "we've kicked around some ideas", but nothing definitive.

Scott ultimately will have a say, as any change requires board approval. His plate is getting fuller, even as he chases more goals in golf he feels he hasn't met.

He turns 45 in July. It would be easy to wish he had never signed up for this, except that he felt a sense of duty, and is proud of what the players on the board have done — not so much specific line items, but the process and representation.

"The six guys fight like hell for the player groups — all of them," Scott said. "I really think it's a fairly well balanced group of guys that had a lot of disagreements about stuff, but really came to a consensus on all of it.

"We reminded each other of what we're here to do. We're not here to run the business. We're here to make sure the membership has the best chance. I think they've done a good job."

Agencies via Xinhua

Most Popular

Highlights

What's Hot
Top
BACK TO THE TOP
English
Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

Registration Number: 130349
FOLLOW US
主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产精品日韩欧美一区二区 | 亚洲日本在线观看视频 | 精品乱人伦一区二区 | 美女视频永久黄网站免费观看国产 | 欧美日本国产 | 国产高清成人mv在线观看 | 黄色va视频| 亚洲一区欧美一区 | 黄色毛片视频在线观看 | 91影视永久福利免费观看 | 亚洲免费视频网站 | 成人免费黄网站 | a一级毛片视频免费看 | 一区二区在线免费视频 | 2021国产成人精品久久 | 思99re久久这里只有精品首页 | 美国人成毛片在线播放 | 深夜成人性视频免费看 | 欧美成人精品三级网站 | 久久久久久综合一区中文字幕 | 91成人免费观看网站 | 欧美日韩在线观看精品 | 久久国产精品99久久久久久牛牛 | 国产亚洲精彩视频 | 国产嫩草影院在线观看 | 国产亚洲人成在线影院 | 欧美特级毛片aaaa | 草草草影院 | 国产a精品 | 欧美三级视频在线观看 | 97视频在线免费播放 | 欧美f | 成人欧美网站 | a级毛片免费完整视频 | 久久高清免费视频 | 国产dvd毛片在线视频 | 成人看片在线观看免费 | 91精品一区二区三区在线观看 | 日韩美女免费线视频 | 欧美在线观看成人高清视频 | 九九51精品国产免费看 |