久久亚洲国产成人影院-久久亚洲国产的中文-久久亚洲国产高清-久久亚洲国产精品-亚洲图片偷拍自拍-亚洲图色视频

Global EditionASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
World
Home / World / Middle East

Arab countries reject Trump's relocation plan

Two-state solution urged for peace as Netanyahu heads to Washington

By Cui Haipei in Dubai, Uae | China Daily | Updated: 2025-02-03 08:35
Share
Share - WeChat

Major Arab nations and Arab League representatives on Saturday rejected US President Donald Trump's suggestion to relocate Palestinians from their land to Egypt and Jordan, days before Trump's scheduled meeting with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on the second phase of the cease-fire in Gaza.

"We affirm our rejection" to compromising Palestinians' unalienable rights, whether through settlement activities, evictions, annexation of land or vacating the land from its owners "in any form or under any circumstances or justifications", Arab foreign ministers said in a joint statement.

On Jan 25, Trump floated the controversial "clear-out" plan to displace Palestinians to Egypt and Jordan, calling Gaza a "demolition site" after 15 months of Israeli bombardment that left most of its 2.3 million people homeless, more than 47,000 people dead and 110,000 others injured.

The Arab statement warned that such plans "threaten the region's stability, risk expanding the conflict and undermine prospects for peace among its peoples".

It followed a meeting in Cairo of top diplomats from Egypt, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates and Qatar, as well as Hussein al-Sheikh, a senior Palestinian official who serves as the main liaison with Israel, and Arab League chief Ahmed Aboul Gheit.

Participants called for the international community to help "plan and implement" a comprehensive reconstruction plan to ensure that Palestinians stay on their land, saying they would work with the Trump administration to "achieve a just and comprehensive peace in the Middle East, based on the two-state solution".

'Can't be tolerated'

Egyptian President Abdel Fattah El-Sisi has rejected Trump's suggestion, saying the transfer of Palestinians "can't be tolerated or allowed".

"The solution to this issue is the two-state solution. The solution is not to remove the Palestinian people from their place. No," he said.

Jordan's Foreign Minister Ayman Safadi said his country's opposition to Trump's idea is "firm and unwavering".

In Gaza, Hamas official Sami Abu Zuhri said the claims about "displacing Gazans under the pretext of rebuilding it reflect a persistent US complicity in the crime", warning that the US plans would only "fuel further chaos and tension in the region".

In another development, Netanyahu will begin talks on the second phase of the Gaza cease-fire in Washington on Monday, his office said hours after the completion of the fourth hostage-prisoner exchange of the truce.

Netanyahu spoke with Trump's Middle East envoy Steve Witkoff on Saturday and agreed that negotiations would "begin when they meet in Washington".

A date for formal talks involving mediators and delegations from Hamas and Israel has not been set, with the 42-day first phase due to end next month.

The second phase is expected to cover the release of the remaining captives and to include discussions on a more permanent end to the conflict, something several members of Netanyahu's government oppose.

As part of the first phase, Hamas on Saturday freed three Israeli hostages in exchange for 183 Palestinian prisoners released from Israeli custody.

Netanyahu said on Sunday that he will discuss "victory over Hamas", countering Iran and expanding diplomatic relations with Arab countries in his meeting with Trump.

Tuesday's meeting at the White House will be Trump's first with a foreign leader since returning to office last month.

Netanyahu, who faces an arrest warrant from the International Criminal Court over allegations of war crimes and crimes against humanity in Gaza, had strained relations with Trump's predecessor Joe Biden and has not visited the White House since returning to office at the end of 2022.

Meanwhile, a large-scale Israeli military operation in the occupied West Bank continues for the third week.

A 16-year-old Palestinian boy was among five killed on Saturday in Israeli raids on Jenin, the Palestinian authorities said.

The Israeli military began raiding the city in northern West Bank on Jan 21, just two days after the cease-fire in Gaza came into effect.

Asked whether a teenage boy had been killed in an airstrike, the Israeli military said the air force had struck "armed terrorists" in the Jenin area, declining further comment.

In Jenin, dozens of houses have been demolished and some roads have been dug up by armored Israeli bulldozers, driving thousands from their homes.

Agencies and Xinhua contributed to this story.

Most Viewed in 24 Hours
Top
BACK TO THE TOP
English
Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

Registration Number: 130349
FOLLOW US
主站蜘蛛池模板: 亚洲国产成人久久一区二区三区 | 欧美的高清视频在线观看 | 91一区二区视频 | 一区二区三区影院 | 在线はじめてのおるすばん | 精品久久成人免费第三区 | 九九成人免费视频 | 久久国产免费观看精品3 | 成人毛片在线观看 | 亚洲在线精品 | 91热久久 | 亚洲欧美精品中文字幕 | 国产成人一区二区三中文 | 最新亚洲精品国自产在线 | 97操碰 | 国产成人亚洲综合网站不卡 | 影院亚洲 | 亚洲欧美激情视频 | 日本免费人做人一区在线观看 | 国产精品夜色视频一级区 | 最新国产成人综合在线观看 | 国内精品久久久久久中文字幕 | 男女免费爽爽爽在线视频 | 国产午夜伦伦伦午夜伦 | 欧美久久久久久 | 日本欧美一区二区三区在线 | 免费国产成人午夜在线观看 | 国产精品一级视频 | 国产特黄特色的大片观看免费视频 | 国产uv1区二区三区 国产va免费精品高清在线观看 | 亚洲美女在线播放 | 成人黄网大全在线观看 | 一区二区三区中文国产亚洲 | 日韩国产一区二区 | 亚洲精品在线网 | 天堂色网站 | 欧美日韩大片 | 亚洲美女视频网 | 亚洲影院在线播放 | 欧美二区视频 | 亚洲欧美成人综合在线 |