久久亚洲国产成人影院-久久亚洲国产的中文-久久亚洲国产高清-久久亚洲国产精品-亚洲图片偷拍自拍-亚洲图色视频

Global EditionASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
World
Home / World / Europe

Sweden's deadliest attack leaves 11 dead at Orebro adult school

Updated: 2025-02-05 13:45
Share
Share - WeChat
Emergency personnel and police officers work at the adult education center Campus Risbergska school after a shooting attack in Orebro, Sweden, February 4, 2025. [Photo/Agencies]

OREBRO, Sweden - Eleven people were killed in a shooting at an adult education centre on Tuesday, Swedish police said, marking the country's deadliest gun attack in what the prime minister called a "painful day."

Police said the gunman was believed to be among those killed and a search for other possible victims was continuing at the school, located in the city of Orebro. The gunman's motive was not immediately known.

"We know that 10 or so people have been killed here today. The reason that we can't be more exact currently is that the extent of the incident is so large," local police chief Roberto Eid Forest told a news conference.

Later in the evening the police website said: "At this time, there are 11 deaths due to the incident. The number of injured is still unclear. We currently have no information on the condition of those who have been injured."

Forest told the press conference police believed the gunman had acted alone and that terrorism was not currently suspected as a motive, though he cautioned that much remained unknown. He said the suspected gunman had not previously been known to police.

"We have a big crime scene, we have to complete the searches we are conducting in the school. There are a number of investigative steps we are taking: a profile of the perpetrator, witness interviews," Forest said.

The shooting took place in Orebro, some 200 km (125 miles) west of Stockholm, at the Risbergska school for adults who did not complete their formal education or failed to get the grades to continue to higher education. It is located on a campus that also houses schools for children.

Ali Elmokad was outside the Orebro University Hospital, looking for his relative, not yet knowing if he was among the injured or the dead.

"We've been trying to get hold of him all day, we haven't been successful," he said, adding that he had a friend who also attended the school. "What she saw was so terrible. She only saw people lying on the floor, injured and blood everywhere."

Police said it was still going through the crime scene and had searched several addresses in Orebro after the attack.

Late on Tuesday, police vans and personnel were still outside an apartment building in central Orebro that had been raided earlier.

"We saw a lot of police with drawn weapons," said Lingam Tuohmaki, 42, who lives in the same building. "We were at home and heard a commotion outside."

Prime Minister Ulf Kristersson said it was the worst mass shooting in Swedish history.

"It is hard to take in the full extent of what has happened today -- the darkness that now lowers itself across Sweden tonight," he told a news conference.

King Carl XVI Gustav conveyed his condolences. "It is with deep sadness and dismay that my family and I received the news about the terrible atrocity in Orebro," he said.

European Commission President Ursula von der Leyen expressed her sympathy on X, saying: "In this dark hour, we stand with the people of Sweden."

'WE STARTED RUNNING'

Maria Pegado, 54, a teacher at the school, said someone threw open the door to her classroom just after lunch break and shouted to everyone to get out.

"I took all my 15 students out into the hallway and we started running," she told Reuters by phone. "Then I heard two shots but we made it out. We were close to the school entrance.

"I saw people dragging injured out, first one, then another. I realised it was very serious," she said.

Many students in Sweden's adult school system are immigrants seeking to improve basic education and gain degrees to help them find jobs in the Nordic country while also learning Swedish.

Sweden has been struggling with a wave of shootings and bombings caused by an endemic gang crime problem that has seen the country of 10 million people record by far the highest per capita rate of gun violence in the EU in recent years.

However, fatal attacks at schools are rare.

Ten people were killed in seven incidents of deadly violence at schools between 2010 and 2022, according to the Swedish National Council for Crime Prevention.

Sweden has a high level of gun ownership by European standards, mainly linked to hunting, though it is much lower than in the United States, while the gang crime wave has highlighted the high incidence of illegal weapons.

In one of the highest-profile crimes of the past decade, a 21-year-old masked assailant driven by racist motives killed a teaching assistant and a boy and wounded two others in 2015.

In 2017, a man driving a truck mowed down shoppers on a busy street in central Stockholm before crashing into a department store. Five people died in that attack.

REUTERS

Most Viewed in 24 Hours
Top
BACK TO THE TOP
English
Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

Registration Number: 130349
FOLLOW US
主站蜘蛛池模板: 香蕉久久久久久狠狠色 | 日本女人在线观看 | 免费观看一级成人毛片软件 | 久久毛片网| 成人三级视频在线观看 | 99精品国产高清一区二区三区香蕉 | 一级色| 欧洲免费无线码二区5 | 性做爰片免费视频毛片中文i | 老太婆性杂交毛片 | 久久久9视频在线观看 | 蜜桃日本一道无卡不码高清 | 欧美日本一区二区三区道 | 黄色毛片免费在线观看 | 亚洲jjzzjjzz在线播放 | 国产亚洲精品久久久久久久网站 | 国产三级日产三级韩国三级 | 国产精品久久久久久久久久久搜索 | 久久久久久久久一次 | 亚洲精品一二三四区 | 国产视频精品久久 | 边接电话边做国语高清对白 | 日韩一级伦理片 | 亚洲视频一 | 精品特级一级毛片免费观看 | 欧美精品片在线观看网站 | 亚洲视频在线观看 | 亚洲 欧美 日韩中文字幕一区二区 | 男人天堂国产 | 精品国产高清久久久久久小说 | 男女无遮掩做爰免费视频软件 | 精品久久久久久久久久中文字幕 | 美国大毛片 | 久久99国产亚洲精品观看 | 在线观看成年视频 | 久草在线视频资源 | 亚洲精品久久久久综合中文字幕 | 亚洲精品国产精品一区二区 | 国产91精品一区二区麻豆亚洲 | 久久99毛片免费观看不卡 | 美女扒开腿让男生桶爽网站 |