久久亚洲国产成人影院-久久亚洲国产的中文-久久亚洲国产高清-久久亚洲国产精品-亚洲图片偷拍自拍-亚洲图色视频

Global EditionASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
World
Home / World / Middle East

Trump's Gaza proposal stirs wider uproar

Relocation plan raises concerns at home and abroad but finds support from Israel

China Daily | Updated: 2025-02-08 09:18
Share
Share - WeChat
Children play in the wreckage of a car near a temporary displacement camp on a windy and rainy day in Gaza Strip, on Thursday. MAJDI FATHI/GETTY IMAGES

GAZA/WASHINGTON — A proposal by US President Donald Trump to take control of the Gaza Strip and relocate its residents elsewhere has sparked wider rejection, as experts warn such a move risks undermining the two-state solution and exacerbating the humanitarian crisis in the region.

Earlier this week, Trump suggested that the United States would take over Gaza and redevelop it after Palestinians are relocated elsewhere. He made these remarks in a joint news conference at the White House with visiting Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.

Many countries in the Middle East have voiced their opposition to the idea of displacing the Gazans from their homeland.

The Palestinian presidency on Thursday said Palestine and its land, history, and holy sites are not for sale, emphasizing that the rights of the Palestinian people are neither negotiable nor subject to compromise.

In a statement, Nabil Abu Rudeineh, the spokesman of the Palestinian presidency, said: "The Palestinian people, who have made immense sacrifices in defense of their national rights, will not relinquish even an inch of their land, including the Gaza Strip, the West Bank, and East Jerusalem."

Any proposed solution, he insisted, must align with international legitimacy and the Arab Peace Initiative.

Hamas spokesman Hazem Qassem on Thursday warned that Trump's plan to take over Gaza and displace its people was a "declaration of intent to occupy" the Palestinian territory.

The group also called for "an urgent Arab summit to confront the displacement" of Palestinians from Gaza, Qassem said in a statement.

Trump, meanwhile, doubled down on the shock plan.

"The Gaza Strip would be turned over to the United States by Israel at the conclusion of fighting," Trump said on his Truth Social network. "Stability for the region would reign!"

Meanwhile, Trump on Thursday signed an executive order imposing sanctions on the International Criminal Court over investigations of Israel, a close US ally.

In the United States, Arab American and Muslim leaders, including some who supported Trump in the 2024 election, criticized the proposal.

"We're opposed to any transfer of Palestinians, whether voluntarily or involuntarily, out of their homeland," Bishara Bahbah, who founded the Arab Americans for Trump and helped rally support for him in Michigan and other battleground states, told Reuters.

Reshaping region

While Trump's proposal may lack immediate feasibility, experts say it reflects ongoing efforts by the US and Israel to reshape the region's dynamics, according to Samir Anbitawi, a Ramallah-based Palestinian expert.

Anbitawi argued that Trump's remarks are not impulsive rhetoric but part of a strategy to frame the Israeli-Palestinian conflict as a refugee issue, sidelining Palestinians' political rights.

"Such a proposal threatens to impose solutions that benefit the occupation and dismantle the two-state solution," Anbitawi said.

He noted that the proposal exploits Gaza's dire humanitarian conditions to pressure neighboring Arab countries into accepting Palestinians as refugees.

Such plans could also accelerate efforts to separate Gaza from the West Bank, fragmenting Palestinian territories and undermining prospects for a contiguous, independent state, said Ahmed Rafiq Awad, a Ramallah-based political expert.

Fadi Jomaa, a lecturer at the Arab American University in Jenin, said, "This US policy will spark unrest in host countries as governments struggle to manage the influx of refugees amid ongoing regional instability."

US Secretary of State Marco Rubio will visit Israel and the Arab states in mid-February, a State Department official said, making his first trip to the Middle East after the proposal.

Netanyahu, meanwhile, called Trump's plan "remarkable" and the "first good idea" that he had heard.

Israeli Defense Minister Israel Katz took it a step further, asking the military to craft a plan for a potential exodus. Katz has given few details on how such a plan would work.

Even Netanyahu's rivals indicated openness. Benny Gantz, a former defense minister and centrist opposition figure, said Trump's proposal showed "creative, original and intriguing thinking."

Xinhua - Agencies

Most Viewed in 24 Hours
Top
BACK TO THE TOP
English
Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

Registration Number: 130349
FOLLOW US
主站蜘蛛池模板: 美女黄色免费看 | 欧美69视频在线 | 亚洲国产cao | 中文字幕在线看片成人 | 国产一区二区三区高清 | 日本手机在线视频 | 欧美在线观看高清一二三区 | 欧美色欧 | 国产区一区二 | 亚洲国产三级 | 亚洲国产欧美日韩 | 国产精品日韩 | 99精品视频在线观看免费 | 国产a一级| 欧美一级毛片俄罗斯 | 亚洲黄色免费观看 | 孩交啪啪网址 | 日本不卡一二三 | 久草免费小视频 | 欧美日韩一日韩一线不卡 | 亚洲精品在线网站 | 亚洲高清视频网站 | 草草视频免费观看 | 欧美日韩国产亚洲一区二区 | 免看一级a毛片一片成人不卡 | 亚洲欧美日韩一区 | 一级片在线免费看 | 国产欧美日韩精品高清二区综合区 | 1级a的观看视频 | 成人亚洲视频在线观看 | 欧美日韩精品国产一区二区 | 国产精品亚洲视频 | 国产亚洲欧美ai在线看片 | 亚洲人成亚洲精品 | 久久成 | 国产v片在线播放免费观 | 久久久久久色 | 久热香蕉在线视频 | 欧日韩美香蕉在线观看 | 亚洲国产精品网站久久 | 日本久久久久久久 |