久久亚洲国产成人影院-久久亚洲国产的中文-久久亚洲国产高清-久久亚洲国产精品-亚洲图片偷拍自拍-亚洲图色视频

Global EditionASIA 中文雙語(yǔ)Fran?ais
World
Home / World / Middle East

Israel's remark on Palestinian state slammed

Netanyahu angers Arab countries as experts emphasize two-state solution

By JAN YUMUL and MIKE GU in Hong Kong | China Daily Global | Updated: 2025-02-11 09:11
Share
Share - WeChat
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is seen during a press conference at the US Capitol in Washington, US, Feb 7, 2025. [Photo/Agencies]

The Arab nations have slammed Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's remarks that "Saudis can establish a Palestinian state in Saudi Arabia" as "irresponsible", as experts stress the "only (way) forward is a two-state solution".

Netanyahu appeared to have responded in jest to an interviewer on Israeli broadcaster Channel 14 on Thursday who mistakenly said "Saudi state" instead of "Palestinian state", before correcting himself, Reuters reported.

In a statement, the Saudi Ministry of Foreign Affairs stressed its categorical rejection of the Israeli statement that "aims to divert attention from the continuous crimes committed by the Israeli occupation" against Palestinians in Gaza, "including the ethnic cleansing they are subjected to".

Arab states, as well as the Arab League, came to Riyadh's defense with Arab League Secretary-General Ahmed Aboul Gheit saying in a statement that Netanyahu's suggestion showed "a complete detachment from reality".

Qatar's Ministry of Foreign Affairs said such statements are a "flagrant violation of international law and infringement of the United Nations Charter", as it expressed solidarity with Saudi Arabia and rejected the forced displacement of the Palestinian people.

The Foreign Ministry of the United Arab Emirates reaffirmed its unwavering position against all threats to Saudi Arabia's security, stability and sovereignty, saying it considers Riyadh's sovereignty "as an inviolable 'red line' that no country should undermine or violate".

Netanyahu's remarks came amid a fragile cease-fire deal between Hamas and Israel that had been making progress in the exchange of hostages and Palestinian prisoners.

Cairo is scheduled to host an emergency Arab summit on Feb 27 to address the latest developments concerning the Palestinian issue and the Gaza Strip, the Egyptian Foreign Ministry said in a statement on Sunday. The announcement follows the controversial remarks made by US President Donald Trump suggesting the relocation of Palestinians from Gaza to the neighboring countries.

Israel is discussing Trump's "revolutionary, creative vision" on the Gaza Strip, which Trump is "very determined to implement," Netanyahu said on Sunday.

Worldwide outcry

Both Trump's and Netanyahu's remarks have sparked outcry worldwide, with many countries voicing their rejection of displacing Palestinians from their homeland, and expressing their support for a two-state solution.

Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said on Sunday that no one has the power to displace Palestinians from their homeland.

German Chancellor Olaf Scholz criticized Trump's plan to relocate Palestinians during a TV debate on Sunday, calling it "a scandal".

Jasim Husain, a Gulf analyst and former member of Bahrain's Parliament, told China Daily that Netanyahu's "unrealistic comments" are "not helpful at all".

"There's no point (in) transferring the challenge to other countries and places. The only (way) forward is a two-state solution," said Husain.

Mustafa Yetim, an associate professor at the International Relations Department at Eskisehir Osmangazi University in Turkiye, told China Daily that the Trump-Netanyahu partnership "has made it quite evident that they intend to achieve their objectives in the Middle East solely through force", disregarding any criticism or opposition from the regional actors.

"In this context, their new US-Israel regional strategy is fundamentally based on turning the Palestinian reality into a fragmented, stateless, colonized and displaced community," said Yetim.

Agencies contributed to this story.

Most Viewed in 24 Hours
Top
BACK TO THE TOP
English
Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

Registration Number: 130349
FOLLOW US
主站蜘蛛池模板: 91欧洲在线视精品在亚洲 | 亚洲高清综合 | 毛片在线看免费 | 欧美极品在线 | 中文字幕一区二区三区在线观看 | 免费人成在线观看 | 一级毛片牲交大片 | 中文字幕一区二区在线播放 | 国产精品人成人免费国产 | 亚洲精品久久99久久一区 | 欧美高清在线精品一区 | 精品久久一区二区三区 | 亚洲成人免费视频 | 国产精亚洲视频 | 亚洲欧洲日产国码二区在线 | 免费特黄级夫费生活片 | 毛片网站在线看 | 国产欧美精品三区 | 国产精品国产亚洲精品看不卡 | aaaaaa毛片免费看 | 曰本人做爰大片免费观看一 | 国产免费爽爽视频免费可以看 | 美国大毛片 | 午夜视频一区二区 | 日韩美视频网站 | 3d动漫精品成人一区二区三 | 免费看又黄又爽又猛的网站 | 成人做爰www | 欧美日本一区视频免费 | 国产成人久久综合二区 | 欧美成人日韩 | 黄色片日本人 | 精品久久成人免费第三区 | 久久中文字幕久久久久91 | 亚洲tv成人天堂在线播放 | 亚洲欧美一区二区三区久本道 | 欧美成人爽毛片在线视频 | 久久99综合国产精品亚洲首页 | 一本伊大人香蕉高清在线观看 | 性a爱片免费视频性 | 欧美很黄视频在线观看 |