久久亚洲国产成人影院-久久亚洲国产的中文-久久亚洲国产高清-久久亚洲国产精品-亚洲图片偷拍自拍-亚洲图色视频

Global EditionASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
World
Home / World / Middle East

Gaza cease-fire implementation gains fresh hope

By MIKE GU in Hong Kong and CUI HAIPEI in Dubai | China Daily | Updated: 2025-02-15 07:21
Share
Share - WeChat
Palestinian children play near the rubble of their destroyed house, amid a cease-fire between Israel and Hamas, in the northern Gaza Strip, on Thursday. MAHMOUD ISSA/REUTERS

The Gaza truce received a fresh lease of life as Hamas said it was committed to carrying out the release of three more Israeli hostages under a timeline set out in the cease-fire deal and the US top diplomat suggested that Israeli forces returning to the fighting in Gaza would not solve any issues.

"We are not interested in the collapse of the agreement, and we are keen on its implementation and ensuring that the occupation (Israel) adheres to it fully," Hamas spokesman Abdel-Latif Al-Qanoua said. "The language of threats used by (United States President Donald) Trump and (Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin) Netanyahu does not serve the implementation of it."

However, Netanyahu's office said on Thursday that there was no agreement with Hamas regarding the exchange of prisoners and captives on Saturday. He had earlier threatened that Israel would resume "intense fighting" in Gaza.

Hamas said earlier it would postpone the next hostage-prisoner exchange expected on Saturday, accusing Israel of violating the cease-fire. Trump responded by saying all hostages must be freed by noon on Saturday or he would "let hell break out".

Since the truce began, Israeli raids have killed at least 92 Palestinians and wounded more than 800 others, said Munir al-Bursh, director general of the Gaza health ministry.

In the first 42-day phase of the deal, 33 Israeli hostages were to be released in exchange for around 1,900 mostly Palestinian prisoners held in Israeli jails.

The Red Cross expressed concern on Friday for the hostages still held in Gaza.

"The latest release operations reinforce the urgent need for ICRC access to those held hostage," the International Committee of the Red Cross, which has facilitated the exchanges, said in a statement on Friday.

Marco Rubio, US secretary of state, speaking on the radio program The Clay Travis and Buck Sexton Show, said, "Someone has to confront those guys (Hamas). … If the countries in the region can't figure that piece out, then Israel is going to have to do it, and then we're back to where we've been … So that doesn't solve the problem."

Plan criticized

The US was eager to hear new proposals by Arab states on Gaza, Rubio was cited as saying by Al Jazeera after Trump infuriated the Arab world with a plan to displace the population of 2 million Palestinians from Gaza, establish US control over it and turn it into the "Riviera of the Middle East".

Rubio left Washington on Thursday on a trip that will take him to Israel, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates, after a first stop at the Munich Security Conference.

Diplomats say Egypt is leading efforts to present an alternative to Trump within weeks. The Egyptian proposal would involve training a new security force in Gaza, as per media reports.

Turkiye's President Recep Tayyip Erdogan also lashed out at Israel on Thursday during a visit to Pakistan, condemning ideas to forcibly displace Palestinians from their land.

Yemen's Houthi leader Abdulmalik al-Houthi said on Thursday that his group "will launch attacks against the US and Israel" if Trump's plan to force out Palestinians out of Gaza is imposed.

The US on Thursday sanctioned the chief prosecutor at the International Criminal Court, Karim Khan, over the ICC's investigations targeting US personnel as well as alleged Israeli war crimes in Gaza.

The court said it had found "reasonable grounds" to believe that Netanyahu and his former defense minister Yoav Gallant bore "criminal responsibility" for using starvation as a weapon of warfare during the Gaza conflict, as well as committing crimes against humanity — like murder, persecution and other inhumane acts.

Contact the writers at mikegu@chinadailyhk.com.

Agencies contributed to this story.

Most Viewed in 24 Hours
Top
BACK TO THE TOP
English
Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

Registration Number: 130349
FOLLOW US
主站蜘蛛池模板: 高清一区二区三区免费 | a级毛片无码免费真人 | 亚洲欧美一区二区三区在饯 | 波多野结衣一区二区三区在线观看 | 2021国产精品自在拍在线播放 | 成年免费在线观看 | 国产aaa女人十八毛片 | 久久久久久一品道精品免费看 | 欧美成人观看免费版 | 国产成人亚洲综合91精品555 | 手机看片自拍日韩日韩高清 | 亚洲99久久久久综合 | 成人黄色免费网站 | 男女福利 | 呦女精品视频 | 香港三级做爰大爽视频 | 亚洲伊人色综合网站小说 | 久久久国产成人精品 | 久色成人 | 亚洲在线免费免费观看视频 | 久草精品视频 | 午夜宅男在线永远免费观看网 | 男人天堂亚洲 | 在线播放人成午夜免费视频 | 动漫一级毛片 | 亚洲视频在线播放 | 正在播放国产乱子伦视频 | 国产younv真实 | 国产成人aa在线观看视频 | 美女张开腿黄网站免费 | 黄.www| 成人中文字幕一区二区三区 | 91精品免费久久久久久久久 | 欧美日韩亚洲综合久久久 | 日韩在线观看视频免费 | 国产精品亚洲片在线观看不卡 | 亚洲欧美一区二区三区综合 | 宅男毛片 | 久草在线免费资源 | 国产专区第一页 | 国产在线视频一区二区三区 |