久久亚洲国产成人影院-久久亚洲国产的中文-久久亚洲国产高清-久久亚洲国产精品-亚洲图片偷拍自拍-亚洲图色视频

Global EditionASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
World
Home / World / Across Asia

5,300 people remain displaced after last year's volcano eruptions in Indonesia

Updated: 2025-02-27 10:50
Share
Share - WeChat
Schoolchildren run during the eruption of Mount Lewotobi Laki-Laki in East Flores, East Nusa Tenggara, Indonesia, on Nov 7. ARNOLD WELIANTO/AFP

More than 5,300 residents of Indonesia's East Flores Regency, East Nusa Tenggara, remain displaced following the massive eruptions of Mount Lewotobi Laki-Laki in November last year, as the volcano continues to exhibit heightened activity.

According to the East Flores Disaster Mitigation Agency, or BPBD, 2,186 evacuees are sheltered in four temporary camps in Titehena district, some 25 kilometers from the mountain.

The remaining 3,118 evacuees are staying with relatives in various areas across East Flores.

Avelina Manggota Hallan, head of East Flores BPBD emergency and logistics division, said that all the evacuees come from six villages situated 4 to 5 km from the volcano's crater: Nobo, Dulipali, Klantanlo, Nawokote, Hokeng Jaya and Boru.

"These villages fall within the dangerous exclusion zone and are at risk of being affected by a potential eruption of Mount Lewotobi Laki-Laki," she said.

Avelina added that around 200 displaced residents were relocated to temporary housing in Konga village, also in Titehena district, in January. The remaining evacuees will also be moved to transitional housing once the second phase of construction is completed.

The disaster mitigation authorities of Indonesia plan to build approximately 440 temporary homes for about 2,000 families displaced by Mount Lewotobi Laki-Laki's eruptions last year.

The first phase of construction, which included about 200 temporary houses, was completed on Jan 23. Each shelter is designed to accommodate five families and is equipped with showers, toilets, electricity, and a communal kitchen.

Acting East Flores Regent Sulastri H I Rasyid stated on Feb 19 that the remaining temporary housing is expected to be finished within the next one to two months.

The central government is currently building around 2,700 permanent homes for residents affected by the Lewotobi Laki-Laki eruptions, with plans to complete the construction by April.

At least 10 people died after Mount Lewotobi Laki-Laki erupted near midnight on Nov 3. Fiery lava and rocks struck nearby settlements about 4 km from the crater, burning homes and causing significant damage.

Images shared by authorities showed that the evening sky over the volcano turned red because of the eruption. Footage showed some wooden houses on fire and mask-wearing residents being rescued as thick volcanic ash covered roads and buildings.

Authorities established a 7 km exclusion zone around the crater and expanded it to 9 km just days later for safety reasons.

The November eruption forced more than 13,000 people to evacuate to temporary shelters.

Following a period of relatively low activity, Mount Lewotobi Laki-Laki has seen a significant increase in volcanic earthquakes over the past week.

The heightened volcanic activity led authorities to once again increase the alert level to the highest of a four-tiered system on Feb 12.

Officials also expanded the exclusion zone from 5 to 6 km and warned the public about a heightened risk of lahars — a dangerous flow of mud and debris from the volcano.

Mount Lewotobi Laki-Laki observation post head Herman Yosef S Mboro reported that on Feb 19, the volcano experienced three burst tremors and two distant tectonic earthquakes from midnight to 6 am.

"We also observed weakly pressured crater smoke, white in color, with moderate to thick intensity, rising 100 to 200 meters above the crater summit," he said.

The East Flores administration declared a state of emergency on Feb 13, which will remain in effect for the next six months.

The Jakarta Post, Indonesia

Most Viewed in 24 Hours
Top
BACK TO THE TOP
English
Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

Registration Number: 130349
FOLLOW US
主站蜘蛛池模板: 男女午夜爱爱久久无遮挡 | 欧美一级α片毛片免费观看 | 国产精品私人玩物在线观看 | 欧美亚洲国产精品久久久 | 乱子伦一级在线现看 | 国产成人区 | 尤蜜网站在线进入免费 | 亚洲一级在线 | 日本一级~片免费永久 | 国产成年网站v片在线观看 国产成人aa在线视频 | 欧美高清视频在线观看 | 国产精品免费看 | 亚洲欧美日韩三级 | 久久99精品久久久久久国产越南 | 欧美日韩另类国产 | 亚洲欧美一区二区三区 | 超清国产粉嫩456在线免播放 | 欧美一区二区三区不卡片 | 国产精品国产高清国产专区 | 成人在线视频免费 | 国产成人一区二区三区精品久久 | 国产精品自在线 | 在线免费观看国产视频 | 99视频在线观看免费视频 | 中文字幕亚洲高清综合 | 成人性版蝴蝶影院污 | 国产在线视频区 | 欧美成人免费全部观看天天性色 | 成人区精品一区二区毛片不卡 | 日韩一区二区不卡 | 99在线观看视频免费精品9 | 多人伦精品一区二区三区视频 | 99精品视频观看 | 国产伦精品一区二区三区免费 | 免费小视频在线观看 | 在线免费观看成年人视频 | 久久99精品久久久久久h | 日本久久久 | 91视频久久久久 | 亚洲国产精品综合久久久 | 一区二区在线播放福利视频 |