久久亚洲国产成人影院-久久亚洲国产的中文-久久亚洲国产高清-久久亚洲国产精品-亚洲图片偷拍自拍-亚洲图色视频

Global EditionASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
World
Home / World / Africa

Sudan faces deadly cholera outbreak amid conflict

By EDITH MUTETHYA in Nairobi, Kenya | CHINA DAILY | Updated: 2025-03-01 07:27
Share
Share - WeChat
This photo taken via mobile phone on Feb 22, 2025 shows doctors and paramedics providing medical assistance to a woman infected with cholera in Kosti city in White Nile State, Sudan. [Photo/Xinhua]

At least 70 people have died from cholera, and more than 2,200 have been infected in southern Sudan over the past week, Save the Children, a London-headquartered nongovernmental organization, said on Thursday.

This comes even as the entire country faces acute hunger and displacement due to the ongoing conflict that started in April 2023.

Save the Children said health facilities in Kosti, the capital of White Nile state, are overwhelmed by the increasing number of patients, with many sleeping on bare ground due to overcrowded wards.

Additionally, families have been forced by the situation to bring beds from home for patients admitted to the hospital's courtyard.

The cholera outbreak has been attributed to the shutdown of Kosti's main water station after a drone attack on the Um Dabakir electricity station cut off the clean water supply to the city and forced residents to consume contaminated water.

White Nile state declared its first case of cholera on Feb 20 with cases rapidly increasing since then.

The current outbreak is the latest in a series of back-to-back outbreaks, with more than 53,700 cases and over 1,400 deaths having been recorded since the initial outbreak in August last year.

Mohamed Abdiladif, the country director for Save the Children in Sudan, said children in the country are caught in an endless cycle of violence, disease and hunger, with devastating impact.

Abdiladif said more concerning is the fact that the majority of the people fighting for their lives in White Nile had just returned home after a relatively calm period to restart their lives.

"Save the Children is calling on the warring parties to stop reckless attacks on critical civilian infrastructure, including dams supplying clean water to families and children in need," he said.

The organization said at least 80 percent of hospitals in Sudan are now out of service, and those operational lack the most basic medical supplies.

According to the United Nations, 12 million people have been displaced and 24.6 million face acute hunger nationwide.

"Nearly two years of relentless conflict in Sudan have inflicted immense suffering and turned parts of the country into a hellscape," said Edem Wosornu, director of operations and advocacy division at the UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs.

 

Most Viewed in 24 Hours
Top
BACK TO THE TOP
English
Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

Registration Number: 130349
FOLLOW US
主站蜘蛛池模板: 一本伊大人香蕉高清在线观看 | 精品国产免费一区二区三区五区 | 日本加勒比系列 | 成人毛片在线视频 | 91青青国产在线观看免费 | 国产精品久久久久久小说 | 亚洲韩国日本欧美一区二区三区 | 久久er热视频在这里精品 | 91精品久久国产青草 | 91精品国产免费久久国语蜜臀 | 精品久久久久久久久久中文字幕 | 欧美二区视频 | 在线观看不卡一区 | 最近手机中文在线视频 | 三级毛片三级毛片 | 久久九九热视频 | 男人的天堂精品国产一区 | 久久免费看 | 国产v综合v亚洲欧美大另类 | 久久福利精品 | 国产欧美日韩在线人成aaaa | 久青草免费视频手机在线观看 | 国内精品小视频在线 | 欧美片网站免费 | 杨晨晨福利视频 | 国产精品在线观看 | 在线精品日韩一区二区三区 | 欧美精品网站 | 美国一级片在线观看 | 97精品国产高清在线看入口 | 黄色美女视频网站 | 在线 | 一区二区三区 | 国产一区二区精品在线观看 | 一本不卡| 久草福利社 | 精品欧美亚洲韩国日本久久 | 可以免费看黄色的网站 | 国产精品青草久久福利不卡 | 国产三级午夜理伦三级 | 亚洲成在人线中文字幕 | 日本加勒比系列 |