久久亚洲国产成人影院-久久亚洲国产的中文-久久亚洲国产高清-久久亚洲国产精品-亚洲图片偷拍自拍-亚洲图色视频

Global EditionASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
World
Home / World / Middle East

Uganda battling Ebola outbreak as two lives lost

By EDITH MUTETHYA in Nairobi, Kenya | China Daily | Updated: 2025-03-04 09:05
Share
Share - WeChat
A Ugandan doctor vaccinates the contact of a patient who tested positive during the launch of the vaccination for the Sudan strain of the Ebola virus with a trial vaccine at the Mulago Guest House (Isolation centre) in Kampala, Uganda, Feb 3, 2025. [Photo/Agencies]

Uganda is battling an outbreak of Ebola virus disease that has so far claimed two lives and affected nine, as its Health Ministry, with the support of the World Health Organization, the Africa Centres for Disease Control and Prevention and other partners, works to contain the outbreak.

The ministry declared the outbreak on Jan 30, after a 35-year-old man who worked as a nurse at a hospital tested positive for the virus following his death on Jan 29. The second fatality was a 4-year-old who succumbed to the virus on Feb 25.

Tedros Ghebreyesus, director-general of the WHO, termed the death of the child heartbreaking.

"It is essential that the comprehensive response continues, including contact tracing to identify cases early, so people can receive care rapidly," he wrote on X. "The WHO will continue to work with the Ministry of Health Uganda to end the outbreak."

The WHO said on Saturday that together with Uganda's Health Ministry and partners, they are working to strengthen surveillance, active case searching, contact listing, and tracing.

This is in addition to infection prevention and control in health facilities, case management and community engagement to halt the spread of the virus.

The second death was reported a week after the Health Ministry discharged eight patients who were receiving treatment for the virus in the capital Kampala and the eastern town of Mbale. However, 216 contacts remained in quarantine at various facilities across the country.

Jean Kaseya, director-general of the Africa Centres for Disease Control and Prevention, said on Thursday that the organization continues to support Uganda's efforts to combat the current Ebola outbreak, ensuring swift action to contain the virus and protect communities.

A total of 91 contacts had been identified and were under close monitoring, he said, while investigations continue to determine the source of the outbreak and prevent future occurrences.

The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies said 10 districts in Uganda have been identified as high-risk areas during the outbreak, which is Uganda's eighth Ebola outbreak since 2000.

According to the American Medical Association, the Ebola virus is characterized in part by its profound effect on healthcare professionals in the countries where it spreads.

Most Viewed in 24 Hours
Top
BACK TO THE TOP
English
Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

Registration Number: 130349
FOLLOW US
主站蜘蛛池模板: 亚洲另类自拍 | 婷婷丁香花麻豆 | 欧美成人三级网站在线观看 | 日本在线观看不卡免费视频 | 一二三区在线观看 | 亚洲国产视频在线 | 特级毛片全部免费播放a一级 | 亚洲人成在线免费观看 | 日韩精品网址 | 国产理论在线观看 | 日韩激情中文字幕一区二区 | 九九免费精品视频 | 久草最新视频 | 中文一区在线观看 | yellow中文字幕久久网 | 国产99久久亚洲综合精品 | 久久久久久久久久综合情日本 | 加勒比在线免费视频 | 18在线观看国内精品视频 | 国产激情久久久久影 | 日韩美女一区 | 仑乱高清在线一级播放 | 亚洲欧美在线视频免费 | 18videosex性欧美69 | 国产丶欧美丶日韩丶不卡影视 | 国产成人91高清精品免费 | 天天五月天丁香婷婷深爱综合 | 99精品视频免费 | 美女va| 在线精品视频免费观看 | 成在线人永久免费播放视频 | jizz国产精品免费麻豆 | 欧美性色xo影院在线观看 | 国产福利不卡一区二区三区 | 欧美午夜影院 | 亚洲视频一区二区三区 | 高清一区二区在线观看 | 亚洲伊人色综合网站亚洲伊人 | 91久久亚洲国产成人精品性色 | 日韩一区二区不卡 | 一级作爱视频免费观看 |