久久亚洲国产成人影院-久久亚洲国产的中文-久久亚洲国产高清-久久亚洲国产精品-亚洲图片偷拍自拍-亚洲图色视频

Global EditionASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
Sports
Home / Sports / Soccer

Paris return 'too soon' for Reds fans traumatized by 2022 final

Updated: 2025-03-05 10:29
Share
Share - WeChat
Liverpool manager Arne Slot during training at AXA Training Centre, Liverpool, Britain, March 4, 2025. [Photo/Agencies]

LIVERPOOL — Liverpool's return to Paris for the first time since the 2022 Champions League final comes too soon for many supporters still scarred by the traumatic events that marred European soccer's showpiece event.

The Premier League leader takes on Paris Saint-Germain in the first leg of what should be a mouthwatering last-16 tie on Wednesday.

However, an allocation of only 2,000 visiting Liverpool fans are expected at the Parc des Princes, with many deciding against a return to the French capital after the treatment they suffered at the hands of the Parisian authorities just under three years ago.

Real Madrid's 1-0 victory at the Stade de France was overshadowed by a 37-minute delay to kickoff as fans struggled to access the stadium after being funnelled into overcrowded bottlenecks on approach.

Police fired tear gas towards thousands of supporters locked behind metal fences on the perimeter to the stadium.

As if events on the night of May 28 were not painful enough, Liverpool fans had to suffer a series of false claims in the aftermath of the chaos.

European soccer's governing body UEFA initially tried to pin the blame on supporters arriving late despite thousands having been held for hours outside the stadium before kickoff.

The French authorities then claimed an "industrial scale fraud "of fake tickets was the problem.

A French Senate enquiry later concluded that poorly-executed security arrangements were the cause of the mayhem.

An independent report found UEFA bore "primary responsibility "for the failures which almost led to the match becoming a "mass fatality catastrophe".

The report added it was "remarkable" that no one was killed on the night of the final.

But for many Liverpool fans the scenes brought back memories of a crush at Hillsborough Stadium in 1989 that resulted in the deaths of 97 supporters.

"It's too soon for a lot of people," John Gibbons of Liverpool fan media outlet The Anfield Wrap told AFP.

"It wasn't left on the day. Lots happened afterwards. Most notably the government not taking much responsibility for what happened.

"There is the psychological thing of not wanting to go back to somewhere where you have a bad experience but also the lack of accountability makes people think there is nothing to stop it happening again."

No trust in the authorities

The shocking scenes at the time sparked concerns over Paris' suitability for hosting the 2023 Rugby World Cup and last year's Olympic Games.

Those events passed off peacefully, but there remains resentment at the double standards often faced by soccer fans.

Liverpool fan and journalist Daniel Austin said: "Thankfully, the Olympics went off largely without incident, and that's great. But I think it was quite clear that people were treated differently for that, because it was the biggest event in the world."

Austin is one of those who is making the voyage to Paris, adding it would be admitting "defeat" to the lies spread in the aftermath of the 2022 final not to go.

He understands why there are others who will not put themselves at the mercy of the French police again.

"It wasn't just the fact that they went through something that was really physically and mentally difficult, it was the fact that they were then lied about in what was quite a concerted campaign by the authorities for weeks and months," he added.

"I've heard of people who are saying that because of all of that they're not going to go.

"They don't want to come across those same authorities again. They don't trust the people who were responsible for that, a lot of whom remain in exactly the same positions, to look after them as visitors this time."

AFP

Most Popular

Highlights

What's Hot
Top
BACK TO THE TOP
English
Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

Registration Number: 130349
FOLLOW US
主站蜘蛛池模板: 久久91精品国产91久久户 | 久久精品视频9 | 三级毛片在线看 | 欧美日韩高清观看一区二区 | 美女被躁爽死 | 50岁老女人毛片一级亚洲 | 亚洲精品在线视频 | 国产亚洲一区二区手机在线观看 | 中文字幕99在线精品视频免费看 | 成人免费毛片观看 | 午夜三级在线 | 亚洲羞羞裸色私人影院 | 艹美女视频 | 久久亚洲精品中文字幕三区 | 国产一区亚洲 | 经典三级久久 | 理论片日韩| 91国在线啪精品一区 | 222aaa天堂| 日韩欧美久久一区二区 | 二区视频在线 | 日本xxxxx久色视频在线观看 | 精品在线一区 | 欧美成人看片一区二区三区尤物 | 久久精品视频亚洲 | 午夜综合 | 亚洲国产www | 成人午夜视频在线观看 | 国产99视频精品免费视频免里 | 全免费a级毛片免费看视频免 | 男操女视频 | 日韩 欧美 自拍 | 夜夜骚视频| 欧美日韩在线永久免费播放 | 在线亚洲精品国产成人二区 | 美女mm131爽爽爽免费视色 | 国产精品亚洲片在线观看不卡 | 亚洲成在线| 美女张开腿让男人桶爽动漫视频 | 国产合集91合集久久日 | 精品国产乱码久久久久久一区二区 |