久久亚洲国产成人影院-久久亚洲国产的中文-久久亚洲国产高清-久久亚洲国产精品-亚洲图片偷拍自拍-亚洲图色视频

Global EditionASIA 中文雙語(yǔ)Fran?ais
World
Home / World / Middle East

Renewed attacks kill hundreds

Collapse of truce looms as Hamas says Netanyahu using crisis as political 'lifeboat'

By CUI HAIPEI in Dubai and MIKE GU in Hong Kong | China Daily Global | Updated: 2025-03-19 09:42
Share
Share - WeChat
Injured Palestinians are being brought to the Al-Aqsa Martyrs Hospital for treatment as Israel launches 'large-scale' airstrikes across the Gaza Strip, on Tuesday. ALI JADALLAH/ANADOLU/GETTY IMAGES

The relative calm of a cease-fire between Israel and Hamas came to an abrupt end on Tuesday when Israel unleashed intense strikes on the Gaza Strip, killing at least 400 people, Palestinian authorities said, threatening a collapse of the truce as Israel vowed to use force to free hostages.

Hamas, on Tuesday, confirmed that the head of its government in the Gaza Strip, Essam al-Dalis, was among those killed in Israeli strikes on the enclave.

It further said that Mahmoud Abu Watfa, the interior ministry head, and Bahjat Abu Sultan, director-general of the internal security service, were also killed in the strikes.

The surprise operation during the Muslim holy month of Ramadan raised the prospect of a full return to fighting in the 17-month conflict that has killed 48,000 Palestinians and caused widespread destruction and a humanitarian crisis across Gaza.

China on Tuesday called for steps to prevent a "humanitarian disaster" there.

"China is highly concerned about the current situation between Israel and Palestine," Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Mao Ning said, calling for parties to "avoid any actions that could lead to an escalation of the situation and prevent a larger-scale humanitarian disaster".

The United Nations' humanitarian coordinator for the occupied Palestinian territory, Muhannad Hadi, said: "This is unconscionable. A cease-fire must be reinstated immediately. People in Gaza have endured unimaginable suffering."

However, Israel's state-owned Army Radio said the move indicated the truce "has collapsed".Defense Minister Israel Katz said the operation would "continue as long as necessary" and might expand beyond airstrikes.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said he had ordered the strikes because of a lack of progress in the ongoing talks in Qatar to extend the truce. "Israel will, from now on, act against Hamas with increasing military strength," his office said.

Hamas warned that Israel's move has put the fate of Israeli hostages in jeopardy. However, there were no reports of any attacks by Hamas several hours after the bombardment.

"Netanyahu's decision to resume war is a decision to sacrifice the occupation's prisoners and impose a death sentence on them," senior Hamas official Izzat al-Risheq said, accusing the Israeli leader of using the conflict as a political "lifeboat "to distract from internal crises.

'Shocked, angry'

Meanwhile, the main group representing hostages' families accused the government of backing out of the truce, saying it chose to give up on them. "We are shocked, angry and terrified by the deliberate dismantling of the process to return our loved ones," the Hostages and Missing Families Forum said in a statement on X.

Strikes were reported in multiple locations across Gaza. Gaza's Health Ministry said at least 413 people were killed in the strikes and hundreds more wounded. Rescuers were still searching the rubble for the dead and wounded as the strikes continued. It was among the deadliest days of the conflict.

Ramez Alammarin, 25, described carrying children to a hospital southeast of Gaza City.

" (Israel) unleashed the fire of hell again on Gaza," he told AFP, adding that bodies and limbs are on the ground. "They bombed a building in the area and there are still martyrs and wounded under the rubble… fear and terror. Death is better than life."

The United States said it had been consulted before the attacks and voiced support for Israel.

"As President (Donald) Trump has made it clear, Hamas, the Houthis, Iran, all those who seek to terrorize not just Israel, but also the US, will see a price to pay — all hell will break loose," White House Press Secretary Karoline Leavitt said in an interview with Fox News.

Tensions also flared elsewhere in the Middle East, a major supplier of oil to the global markets, which has seen the Gaza conflict spread to Yemen. In a statement, Yemen's Houthis condemned Israeli strikes on Gaza, vowing escalation in support of Palestinians, after earlier this month vowing to attack Israeli ships in the Red Sea.

Negotiating teams from Israel and Hamas had been in Doha as mediators from Egypt and Qatar sought to bridge the gap between the two sides following the end of an initial phase in the cease-fire.

With the backing of the US, Israel had been pressing for the return of hostages in exchange for a longerterm truce that would have halted fighting until after Ramadan and the Jewish Passover holiday in April.

Agencies and Xinhua contributed to this story.

Most Viewed in 24 Hours
Top
BACK TO THE TOP
English
Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

Registration Number: 130349
FOLLOW US
主站蜘蛛池模板: 成人视视 | 国产91页| 全免费a级毛片免费看视频免 | 国产三级在线 | www.久草视频 | 日韩区在线 | 亚洲精品综合欧美一区二区三区 | 欧美激情免费观看一区 | 欧美在线一区二区三区精品 | 亚洲精品99久久久久中文字幕 | 午夜黄色毛片 | 国产成人一区二区三区 | 天天躁日日躁狠狠躁一级毛片 | 国产成人理在线观看视频 | 精品视频免费在线 | 亚洲理论欧美理论在线观看 | 九色97| 亚洲在线观看免费视频 | 三级毛片子 | 男人操美女网站 | 美欧毛片| 成人看片黄a在线看 | 亚洲欧美视频在线播放 | 久草在线免费新视频 | 国产欧美综合一区二区 | 亚洲欧美一区二区三区在线播放 | 久久免视频 | 久久国产a | 岛国在线免费观看 | 免费一看一级毛片全播放 | 欧美一线免费http | 欧美一级特黄刺激爽大片 | 亚洲精彩视频在线观看 | 美国一级毛片视频 | 久久一区二区精品综合 | 欧美在线一区二区 | 国产亚洲精品资源一区 | 国产亚洲人成网站在线观看 | 欧美一级欧美一级毛片 | 久草在线视频免费看 | 亚洲第三区 |