久久亚洲国产成人影院-久久亚洲国产的中文-久久亚洲国产高清-久久亚洲国产精品-亚洲图片偷拍自拍-亚洲图色视频

Global EditionASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
World
Home / World / Europe

Talks in Riyadh aim for 30-day Russia-Ukraine truce

Talks:?Protection of Black Sea route a key focus

By EARLE GALE?in London?and?HENG WEILI in?New York | chinadaily.com.cn | Updated: 2025-03-24 23:44
Share
Share - WeChat
A resident in Kyiv, Ukraine, cleans an apartment on Sunday in a multistory building damaged in a Russian drone attack. Efrem Lukatsky / AP

Negotiators from the United States and Russia met on Monday in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, for talks aimed at achieving a partial ceasefire in the protracted Russia-Ukraine conflict, which started over three years ago.

The talks followed a round of negotiations on Sunday between US and Ukrainian officials in the Saudi capital, which Ukrainian Defense Minister Rustem Umerov said were "productive and focused".

Ukrainian officials, led by Umerov, were expected to hold a fresh round of talks with the US delegation in Riyadh on Monday.

After Sunday's talks between the US and Ukraine, Umerov wrote in a social media post that the two sides had "addressed key points, including energy", alluding to the possibility of an initial 30-day ceasefire agreement that would not only end front-line skirmishes but also protect power stations and other critical infrastructure in both Ukraine and Russia.

The separate meetings are set to discuss details of a pause in long-range attacks against energy facilities and civilian infrastructure in both countries, as well as a halt on attacks in the Black Sea to ensure safe commercial shipping, The Associated Press reported.

Ahead of Monday's talks, US special envoy Steve Witkoff told Fox News that "some real progress" was expected following the meetings in Riyadh, "particularly as it affects a Black Sea ceasefire".

Bloomberg reported that the US is hoping that Russia and Ukraine will both be in a position to sign a broad ceasefire agreement by April 20.

Following their phone conversations last week, US President Donald Trump and Russian President Vladimir Putin said they expect "the movement to peace" to begin with a 30-day pause in attacks on energy facilities.

Meanwhile, the major sticking points between Russia and Ukraine remain, with Moscow saying any peace deal will require a commitment from Ukraine not to join NATO and with Kyiv seemingly wanting all land lost so far to be returned. Russia has also indicated that it would not support any future peacekeeping force deployed in Ukraine comprising soldiers from NATO countries.

The BBC reported on Monday that the latest round of talks is likely to focus on resuming the "Black Sea initiative", which allows safe export of grain crops and other items across the body of water between Europe and Asia.

Ukraine was a major exporter of grain crops before the conflict began in February 2022, shipping 6.5 million metric tons around the world every month.

The Black Sea Grain Initiative was brokered in July 2022 by the United Nations and Turkiye, with Ukraine and Russia as signatories, facilitating exports of Ukrainian food products and fertilizers.

It had been a lifeline for global food security until Russia did not agree to the renewal of the initiative after July 2023 and also withdrew security guarantees for navigation in the northwestern part of the Black Sea.

Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said on Monday during a daily news briefing that the US suggested the talks focus on ways to ensure and protect the Black Sea shipping route. "This was President Trump's suggestion and President Putin agreed to it," Peskov said.

He said that Russia was "willing and ready to move along the path of peaceful settlement" of the conflict. "Indeed, there is common understanding here," he added.

The talks in Riyadh follow Trump's phone calls last week to Putin and Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky, both of whom agreed in principle to a partial ceasefire.

However, there has been no letup in fighting since, with Kyiv claiming that Russia launched 99 drones the night before the talks began in Riyadh, and Moscow saying that Ukraine orchestrated 28 drone attacks against targets in Russia.

Most Viewed in 24 Hours
Top
BACK TO THE TOP
English
Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

Registration Number: 130349
FOLLOW US
主站蜘蛛池模板: 亚洲精品一区二区三区www | 亚洲aⅴ在线| 女bbbbxxxx毛片视频0 | 精品三级内地国产在线观看 | 亚州久久 | 久久国产精品最新一区 | 91www成人久久 | 福利云 | 国产精品免费一区二区区 | 视频在线一区二区 | 日韩在线播放视频 | 亚洲精选在线观看 | 国产亚洲精品国产第一 | 国产爱视频 | 欧美一级毛片生活片 | 亚洲第一成人天堂第一 | 透逼视频 | 久久视频在线观看免费 | 国产小视频在线高清播放 | 精品无码三级在线观看视频 | 亚欧色视频在线观看免费 | 国产成人亚洲综合 | 亚洲精品不卡在线 | 美女一级视频 | 国产一区二区免费在线观看 | 亚洲欧美日韩国产综合 | 久草一级片 | 视频国产91 | 亚洲欧美成人在线 | 国产99视频精品草莓免视看 | 2000xxxxav影院| 免费观看一级欧美在线视频 | 九九久久精品这里久久网 | 午夜精品成人毛片 | 免费一级欧美在线观看视频片 | 精品国产午夜肉伦伦影院 | 欧美日韩精品在线视频 | 97在线视频网站 | 男人女人做刺激视频免费 | 美女三级毛片 | 97超频国产在线公开免费视频 |