久久亚洲国产成人影院-久久亚洲国产的中文-久久亚洲国产高清-久久亚洲国产精品-亚洲图片偷拍自拍-亚洲图色视频

Global EditionASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
World
Home / World / Europe

Compromise seen as key to peace

By EARLE GALE?and?ZHENG WANYIN?in?London | chinadaily.com.cn | Updated: 2025-03-26 00:12
Share
Share - WeChat
A general view of the Ritz-Carlton hotel, where talks between Russia and US are being held aimed at ending the conflict between Russia and Ukraine, in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, March 24, 2025. [Photo/Agencies]

As separate meetings between the United States, Russia and Ukraine entered the third day on Tuesday in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, officials and experts said the talks could pave the way for a ceasefire and ultimately end the protracted conflict only if both sides are sincere and willing to make compromises.

Reviving the Black Sea deal, which was signed in 2022 to ensure the safe commercial shipping of grain crops and other items, and from which Russia withdrew a year later, was among the top topics said to be discussed at the meetings.

US negotiators expressed the hope that a resurrection of the deal would lead to a 30-day ceasefire on the ground and in the air, which could then facilitate a more permanent cessation of hostilities between Russia and Ukraine.

Russia said on Tuesday that it is willing to strike a new agreement on the safety of shipping in the Black Sea only if the US asked Ukraine to respect it, Saudi media group Al Arabiya News reported.

Moscow will not tolerate any ambiguity regarding proposals related to the Black Sea, Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov was quoted as saying in a televised statement by Russian news agency TASS.

US and Ukrainian negotiators held two rounds of talks on Sunday and Tuesday. The second round of talks has ended, a source in the Kyiv delegation said on Tuesday. "All details will be announced later," the Ukrainian source added.

US and Russian officials held discussions for 12 hours on Monday. Despite such marathon diplomatic efforts, a joint statement on a partial ceasefire was not adopted.

"The fact that they sat for 12 hours and apparently agreed on a joint statement, which was not adopted though because of Ukraine's position, is very typical and symptomatic," said Vladimir Chizhov, a senior Russian senator.

Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said on Tuesday that Moscow was "analyzing the outcomes" of the talks in Riyadh. The talks were "technical" and their content would not be made public, he said, adding that contacts between Russia and the US would continue.

Grigory Karasin, chairman of Russia's Federation Council Committee on International Affairs, said: "(We) discussed everything and the dialogue was detailed and complex, but quite useful for us and for the Americans. We discussed numerous issues."

US President Donald Trump told reporters that Washington expects to sign a deal with Kyiv soon that will give US companies access to Ukrainian critical minerals.

Experts have welcomed this week's developments and said the negotiations are heading toward a positive direction.

Radhika Desai, a professor in the department of political studies at the University of Manitoba in Canada and a visiting fellow at the London School of Economics and Political Science, said the talks have so far been dedicated to "technical details".

"I'm not expecting any major breakthroughs at this point. … Every side wants a certain type of optics," she said, adding that Trump now faces a certain amount of pressure.

"He needs to make it look as though he's not conceding everything to the Russians. He also needs to make it look as if Russia will make some concessions or has made some concessions."

As the talks continued in Riyadh, Ukraine also began lobbying European nations in the hope of securing an extension to an agreement that has allowed the country to trade without restrictions with the European Union.

With the deal set to expire on June 5 and with some EU member nations reluctant to renew it, Ukrainian Finance Minister Serhiy Marchenko has said his country's economy would be badly hit if the deal is allowed to lapse.

An unnamed Ukrainian official told the Financial Times: "The message is very simple: Our producers need predictability over exports, (the) EU can't start negotiations one week before the current regulation expires."

Most Viewed in 24 Hours
Top
BACK TO THE TOP
English
Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

Registration Number: 130349
FOLLOW US
主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产91精品一区 | 成人一级大片 | 亚洲国产成人在线 | 美女张开双腿让男人桶 | 中文 日本 免费 高清 | 99精品久久精品一区二区 | 日本欧美一区二区三区在线 | 国产精品久久久久久久久久影院 | 国产婷婷成人久久av免费高清 | 亚洲美女视频免费 | 高清一级淫片a级中文字幕 高清一区二区 | 久久99国产精品亚洲 | 日韩成人精品日本亚洲 | 成人免费观看视频久爱网 | 亚洲欧美网 | 欧美极品在线 | 久久在线影院 | 中文字幕有码在线视频 | 久草视频网站 | 久久九九久精品国产 | 美女被爆免费视频软件 | 久久中文字幕综合不卡一二区 | 久久久99精品免费观看精品 | 久久91亚洲精品中文字幕奶水 | 男女视频在线观看免费高清观看 | 国产精品亚洲玖玖玖在线靠爱 | 一级一级特黄女人精品毛片 | 亚洲三级黄| 精品一区二区三区18 | 久久久亚洲欧美综合 | 99在线国产 | 久久免费精品国产72精品剧情 | 露脸国产野战最新在线视频 | 不卡无毒免费毛片视频观看 | 97视频免费观看 | 亚洲二区在线观看 | 日本欧美一级二级三级不卡 | 久久成人黄色 | 看久久久久毛片婷婷色 | 成年人网站免费观看 | 在线一区二区观看 |