久久亚洲国产成人影院-久久亚洲国产的中文-久久亚洲国产高清-久久亚洲国产精品-亚洲图片偷拍自拍-亚洲图色视频

Global EditionASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
Sports
Home / Sports / Tennis

Djokovic marches into Miami quarters as Zheng exits

Updated: 2025-03-27 09:54
Share
Share - WeChat
Novak Djokovic celebrates after beating Lorenzo Musetti on Tuesday to move into the quarterfinals of the Miami Open. REUTERS

MIAMI GARDENS, Florida — Novak Djokovic cruised into the quarterfinals of the Miami Open on Tuesday with a 6-2, 6-2 win over Italian Lorenzo Musetti in one hour 22 minutes.

Musetti, the 15th seed from Tuscany, got off to a flying start to take a 2-0 lead in the first set, but then proceeded to lose the next nine games as the Serb, looking confident and sharp, ran away with the game.

Djokovic has won the Miami Open on six occasions, but has not featured in the quarters since his last victory here in 2016.

The 37-year-old is now just three wins away from winning his 100th tour-level title.

"He had a really good start to the match. First couple of games, I started a little bit slow, and, then, I knew that if I give him time, he's going to make his shots," Djokovic said.

"He loves kind of running around his backhand, hitting forehands. But he is so talented, he can play any shot in the game on any surface.

"It was tough, particularly in the first seven, eight games of the match. But, I think breaking his serve to come back to two-all and break right away at 3-2, it was a momentum shift, and I tried to use that," he added.

Djokovic will face American Sebastian Korda on Wednesday for a place in the semifinals, after the 24th seed beat French veteran Gael Monfils 6-4, 2-6, 6-4 in a rain-affected match.

Korda visibly struggled with his wrist, however, and said after the match that he had been in discomfort with an injury that has caused him trouble in the past.

"It's pretty painful right now, we'll see how it goes tomorrow. Will do a lot of work with my physio now, we'll see how it is tomorrow.

"I haven't played a lot of tournaments this year. Hopefully, I can play some good tennis and see where it takes me," he said.

Argentine Francisco Cerundolo upset fifth-seed Casper Ruud 6-4,6-2 to take his place in the last eight.

Cerundolo, who enjoys plenty of support from South Florida's large Argentine community, has now reached the last eight in three of his past four appearances at Miami.

"I'm super happy. It's always difficult when you're playing a really good match, controlling the game, and you have to stop for rain," he said.

"It's not easy, but I was chill, and came back to the match confident and played a really good service game. I'm super happy to get back-to-back Masters 1000 quarterfinals in the US, on hard courts. It's a great achievement," he said.

Next up for Cerundolo is 14th seed, Bulgarian Grigor Dimitrov, who defeated American Brandon Nakashima 6-4, 7-5.

A day after a thrilling three-set win over Brazilian Joao Fonseca, Australia's Alex de Minaur was eliminated by 10th-seeded Italian Matteo Berrettini who triumphed 6-3, 7-6 (7).

China ace out

World No 1 Aryna Sabalenka battled back in the second set to blast her way into the semifinals of the Miami Open with a 6-2, 7-5 win over China's Zheng Qinwen on Tuesday.

The victory gives Sabalenka her first appearance in the last four at Miami, with a clash against Italy's Jasmine Paolini standing between her and a place in the final.

It looked like it was going to be routine business for the Belarussian against the ninth-seeded Zheng when Sabalenka took the first set comfortably.

But, Zheng had worked something out between sets and came out firing, breaking Sabalenka twice to open up a 4-2 lead in the second.

Sabalenka was in real trouble at 0-40 down but, after some signs of anger, was able to fight back to hold for 4-4 and then turned her aggression into a powerful finale.

With some blistering returns, the top seed broke to go 6-5, and then, with her serve at full force, confidently held on to secure the win.

"Honestly, every match is tough against her, I always have to work really hard to get the win, and today was an incredible level from both of us," said Sabalenka.

"I'm super happy to get this win. I'm super happy with the way I handled all the emotions and handled the pressure," she added.

Earlier, Paolini moved into the semifinals with a 6-3, 6-2 win over Poland's Magda Linette.

Paolini, beaten in the finals at Wimbledon and the French Open last year, becomes the first Italian to make it to the last four in Miami.

Paolini, who is looking for her second title at the WTA 1000 level, after last year's triumph in Dubai, looked confident, and said she had known her form would start to bring her results.

AFP

Most Popular

Highlights

What's Hot
Top
BACK TO THE TOP
English
Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

Registration Number: 130349
FOLLOW US
主站蜘蛛池模板: 91久久国产精品视频 | 韩国精品欧美一区二区三区 | 在线满18网站观看视频 | 亚洲精品一区二区三区国产 | 99国产精品一区二区 | 日韩在线视频免费不卡一区 | 精品国产一区二区三区久 | 黄色大秀视频 | 欧美一区二区三区视频在线 | 福利视频在线午夜老司机 | 欧美久草视频 | 一级毛片不卡片免费观看 | 久久99亚洲精品久久久久99 | 91免费观看视频 | 中文字幕亚洲不卡在线亚瑟 | 在线视频欧美亚洲 | 欧美日韩国产在线观看一区二区三区 | 国产精选一区二区 | 欧美在线日韩在线 | 久久香蕉国产线看观看亚洲片 | 日韩午夜在线视频不卡片 | 欧美在线二区 | 国产成人av性色在线影院 | 亚洲欧美精品国产一区色综合 | 久久久www免费人成看片 | 97se狠狠狠狠狠亚洲综合网 | 久久国产视频网站 | 生活片毛片 | 日本vs欧美一区二区三区 | 国产理论最新国产精品视频 | 18视频在线观看 | 成人一级片在线观看 | 免费区欧美一级毛片精品 | 欧美在线看欧美高清视频免费 | 亚洲最新视频在线观看 | 成人自拍网| 欧美视频一区在线观看 | 性生话一级国产片 | 日韩国产欧美一区二区三区在线 | 欧美a欧美 | 一级 黄 色 片免费 一级aaaaaa毛片免费 |