久久亚洲国产成人影院-久久亚洲国产的中文-久久亚洲国产高清-久久亚洲国产精品-亚洲图片偷拍自拍-亚洲图色视频

Global EditionASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
World
Home / World / Asia-Pacific

Committee says Japan's former TV host did sexually assault announcer

By Jiang Xueqing in Tokyo and Hou Junjie in Beijing | chinadaily.com.cn | Updated: 2025-03-31 21:44
Share
Share - WeChat

The third-party committee established by Fuji Television Network and its parent company, Fuji Media Holdings, released an investigation report on Monday regarding the company's handling of the controversy involving former TV personality Masahiro Nakai and his alleged sexual misconduct toward a woman.

Led by attorney Akira Takeuchi, the committee concluded that Nakai had committed sexual violence against a former female announcer of Fuji Television in June 2023, constituting a serious human rights violation. The report also noted that the incident took place within the context of work-related activities.

According to the findings, Nakai, through a former Fuji TV programming director, delivered 1 million yen ($6,700) in cash to the hospitalized woman under the guise of a sympathy payment, without consideration for her medical condition. The committee concluded that Fuji TV executives had acted in Nakai's interest.

The report strongly condemned the delivery of cash on Nakai's behalf, stating that it "lacked regard for the woman's condition and emotions" and could be perceived as "hush money or a form of secondary victimization".

Additionally, the investigation revealed that the former Fuji TV programming director and the head of programming strategy, acting on Nakai's request, introduced the woman to a lawyer who had previously worked with him and even accompanied her to the law firm. The report determined that these actions demonstrated Fuji's programming and production department was siding with Nakai.

As a result, the victim's distrust toward Fuji TV grew, leading her to believe that the network was protecting a high-profile personality while disregarding younger employees and announcers. The report deemed this perception "understandable".

At a news conference on Monday, Fuji Television President Kenji Shimizu issued an apology for the deep distress caused to the victim. Beyond the incident of sexual violence and its surrounding circumstances, the investigation report highlighted serious issues regarding the company's response after the incident, corporate culture, and governance.

"We take the third-party committee's findings very seriously and are acutely aware of our responsibility as a company," said Shimizu. "Above all, we sincerely regret that our remedial measures were not sufficient, and as a result, the victim suffered a very painful experience."

He also extended his apologies to Fuji TV viewers, advertisers, performers, and production-related business partners.

In December 2024, the weekly magazine Shukan Bunshun and other media reported that the incident originated from a dinner gathering arranged by a Fuji TV employee. However, the third-party committee found no evidence that employees had directly invited the woman to the gathering on the day of the incident. Instead, the report concluded that Nakai "coerced her into a situation where it was difficult to refuse" and persuaded her to dine at his apartment.

The committee also noted that a barbecue held at the same location two days earlier — attended by Fuji TV employees — had influenced the woman's belief that the dinner with Nakai was an extension of work-related activities.

Regarding Fuji TV's handling of the matter, the report found that the network, despite being aware of the situation, failed to share information with its compliance department, citing concerns over the woman's privacy. Furthermore, even without conducting a formal investigation into Nakai's actions, Fuji continued featuring him on its programs for a year and a half.

The report criticized then-Fuji Television president Koichi Minato and two other executives for their lack of understanding of sexual violence and their failure to prioritize victim support.

During a news conference held on Jan 17, Minato and other executives attempted to explain the situation. However, their response was widely criticized as inadequate, triggering a rapid exodus of sponsors.

In response, Fuji TV and its parent company established a third-party committee on Jan 23. Composed of three lawyers, the committee was formed in accordance with guidelines of the Japan Federation of Bar Associations.

Amid growing backlash over the network's mishandling of the scandal, Minato and Fuji Television Chairman Shuji Kano resigned on Jan 27.

Until now, both Nakai and the woman's representatives had refrained from disclosing details of the incident, citing confidentiality agreements.

According to the report, the committee determined that the confidentiality agreement covered the facts of what occurred from the moment the woman entered Nakai's apartment on June 2, 2023, until she left, and the terms of their settlement agreement.

However, the committee conducted interviews with both parties on other aspects of the case. For matters covered by confidentiality, it relied on testimonies from Fuji TV personnel and supporting documents. The report included only privacy-related details that the woman had consented to disclose.

Additionally, the committee investigated whether similar cases had occurred in the past by conducting interviews and analyzing relevant information from relevant parties.

Contact the writers at jiangxueqing@chinadaily.com.cn.

Most Viewed in 24 Hours
Top
BACK TO THE TOP
English
Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

Registration Number: 130349
FOLLOW US
主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产一级大片 | 亚洲高清免费 | 国产精品欧美一区二区三区不卡 | 免费一级特黄3大片视频 | 成人性色大片 | 欧美高清视频手机在在线 | 免费一级α片在线观看 | 日韩欧美视频在线一区二区 | 久久精品视频免费播放 | 精品视频一区二区三区 | 亚洲天堂成人 | 欧美一级毛片特黄黄 | 国产成人自拍在线 | 办公室紧身裙丝袜av在线 | 国产成人精品视频午夜 | aa级毛片毛片免费观看久 | 在线观看日本www | 成年人视频网站免费 | 男女性高爱潮免费的国产 | 一级床上爽高清播放 | 欧美日韩亚洲一区二区三区在线观看 | 亚洲碰碰 | 激情丝袜美女视频二区 | 手机看片成人 | 在线播放国产一区二区三区 | 制服丝袜在线视频香蕉 | 欧美日韩在线视频一区 | 久久久久久久国产精品影院 | 美女扒开腿被男人猛视频 | 色秀视频在线观看88品善网 | 亚洲一级毛片欧美一级说乱 | 国产精品久久久久久影视 | 久久ri精品高清一区二区三区 | 91精品国产综合久久久久久 | 视频二区在线观看 | 杨幂精品国产专区91在线 | 美女又黄又免费 | 日本黄大片影院一区二区 | 日韩一区二区三 | fc2ppv在线观看 | 特黄女一级毛片 |