久久亚洲国产成人影院-久久亚洲国产的中文-久久亚洲国产高清-久久亚洲国产精品-亚洲图片偷拍自拍-亚洲图色视频

Global EditionASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
World
Home / World / Middle East

Gaza aid workers face grave situation

By JAN YUMUL in Hong Kong | China Daily Global | Updated: 2025-04-01 09:28
Share
Share - WeChat
First responders embrace each other at Nasser Medical Complex in Khan Younis, southern Gaza Strip, on Sunday as the bodies of Palestinian medics killed a week earlier in an Israeli strike on ambulances arrive at the facility. AFP

Medical and humanitarian workers in Gaza faced a grim reality on Sunday as the Palestine Red Crescent Society retrieved 15 bodies, including eight of its own staff, a week after losing contact with them.

The recovery came just a day after the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies called for "urgent access and information following seven days of silence on the fate of nine medics in Gaza".

It said the crew came under heavy gunfire while responding in the Al-Hashashin area of Rafah in the early hours of March 23.

The United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs, or OCHA, also gave an update about a rescue operation in Gaza on Sunday that concluded with the recovery of the 15 bodies.

It confirmed eight were from the Palestine Red Crescent Society, six from the Palestinian Civil Defense, and one from the UN.

"Their co-workers found them buried in the Tal Al Sultan area of Rafah," the UN said. "The available information indicates that the first team was killed by Israeli forces on March 23 and that other emergency and aid crews were struck one after another over several hours as they searched for their missing colleagues."

The bodies were found alongside their wrecked emergency vehicles, which were "clearly marked ambulances, a fire truck, and a UN car", it said.

Jonathan Whittall, head of the OCHA office in Palestine, said on X that first responders "should never be a target".

One survivor claimed Israeli forces had killed both personnel in his ambulance, Whittall said, and OCHA has for days coordinated to reach the site "but our access was only granted five days later".

"While traveling to the area on the fifth day we encountered hundreds of civilians fleeing under gunfire," he said.

The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies said on Sunday that it was "outraged" at the deaths of the eight medics.

The devastating incident "represents the single most deadly attack on Red Cross (and) Red Crescent workers anywhere in the world since 2017", it said, adding that 30 Palestine Red Crescent Society volunteers and staff members had been killed since Oct 7, 2023.

The Palestine Red Crescent Society said it was devastated by the killing of the eight medics, who were "targeted by the Israeli occupation forces while performing their humanitarian duties". A ninth medic remains missing, it added.

Israel has yet to respond to the tragedy, but Israeli military spokesman Avichay Adraee has issued a warning that soldiers would soon resume intense combat operations.

According to the NGO Physicians for Human Rights, the number of attacks recorded on health workers, patients, hospitals, and other medical infrastructure in Palestine since Oct 7, 2023, surpassed 1,000 last year.

Meanwhile, Palestinian officials said Israeli forces killed at least 64 people, including children, in Gaza on Sunday, the first day of Eid al-Fitr, the holiday that marked the end of the Muslim holy month of Ramadan.

Israel's military admitted to Agence France-Presse on Saturday that it had fired at ambulances in Gaza after earlier identifying them as "suspicious vehicles", but did not say if there was fire coming from the vehicles.

Ahmad Ghouri, a senior lecturer at the University of Sussex in the United Kingdom, told China Daily that the deaths of the medics highlight a grave violation of international humanitarian law.

"The deliberate targeting of medical personnel or facilities constitutes a war crime under the Rome Statute of the International Criminal Court," he said. "Even in cases where there is suspicion of misuse of medical emblems or vehicles, the principle of proportionality and the obligation to verify targets must be upheld to avoid harm to civilians and humanitarian workers."

Most Viewed in 24 Hours
Top
BACK TO THE TOP
English
Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

Registration Number: 130349
FOLLOW US
主站蜘蛛池模板: 巨乳毛片| 日韩午夜免费视频 | 91久久精一区二区三区大全 | 国产成人丝袜网站在线看 | 鲁老汉精品视频在线观看 | 99国内视频 | 美国人成毛片在线播放 | 久久怡红院亚欧成人影院 | 国产成人精品精品欧美 | 国产高清成人 | 亚洲国产精品免费在线观看 | 日韩专区亚洲国产精品 | 国产成人aaa在线视频免费观看 | 99爱在线精品视频免费观看9 | 欧美日韩在线永久免费播放 | 日韩欧美理论 | 成人亚洲视频在线观看 | 欧美亚洲综合网 | 久久精品全国免费观看国产 | 一级做a爰片久久毛片苍井优 | 69性欧美| 久久久久国产精品免费 | fefe66免费毛片你懂的 | 精品久久久久久久久久香蕉 | 国产毛片基地 | 免费大片黄手机在线观看 | 国产成人一区二区 | 亚洲国产精品第一区二区三区 | 国产在线91区精品 | 免费看一毛一级毛片视频 | 欧美一区二区三区在观看 | 中文字幕一区二区三区精彩视频 | 国产成人精品日本亚洲专区6 | 久久免费在线观看 | 97精品国产综合久久久久久欧美 | 伊人22综合 | 超级香蕉97视频在线观看一区 | 国产夫妻视频 | 日本亚洲免费 | 亚洲一级毛片中文字幕 | 国产成人精品视频一区二区不卡 |