久久亚洲国产成人影院-久久亚洲国产的中文-久久亚洲国产高清-久久亚洲国产精品-亚洲图片偷拍自拍-亚洲图色视频

US EUROPE AFRICA ASIA 中文
Business / Companies

Food scandal hurt McDonald's results

(Agencies) Updated: 2014-08-05 10:08

Food scandal hurt McDonald's results

A burger set is displayed at a McDonald's restaurant in Hong Kong in this photo illustration taken July 31, 2014. [Photo/Agencies]

McDonald's Corp said its business has been hurt by latest food scare in China that forced restaurants in the region to temporarily pull meat items from menus.

An undercover local TV report on July 20 showed workers at Shanghai Husi Food Co Ltd using expired meat and doctoring food production dates. Regulators immediately closed the factory, which is part of OSI Group LLC, a US food supplier and important McDonald's partner.

"While this matter will negatively impact results in the near term, we cannot reasonably estimate the impact on full year 2014 earnings at this time," according to a regulatory filing from McDonald's, which has just over 2,000 restaurants in China.

McDonald's warning on Monday came just days after rival Yum Brands Inc, which has about 6,400 restaurants in China and whose KFC is the biggest Western brand in the country, also said the scandal was driving China customers away.

McDonald's shares dropped 0.5 percent to $93.86 at mid-afternoon on the New York Stock Exchange.

Shares of McDonald's and Yum have fallen 5.2 percent and 8.6 percent, respectively, since the scandal broke on July 20.

McDonald's Holdings Co (Japan) Ltd on July 29 withdrew its full-year earnings forecast after the China meat scare caused sales to drop 15 to 20 percent on a daily basis.

The company, which has more than 3,100 restaurants in Japan, previously had forecast an operating profit of 11.7 billion yen ($115 million) for 2014.

McDonald's affected markets account for about 10 percent of its total revenue, the world's largest burger chain said in its filing on Monday. About 15 percent of operating profit at McDonald's comes from its Asia/Pacific, Middle East and Africa unit that includes China and Japan, analysts said.

The warning from McDonald's prompted Janney Capital Markets analyst Mark Kalinowski to cut his earnings per share estimates for the fast-food chain by 3 cents to $1.55 for the third quarter, and by 1 cent to $1.43 for the fourth quarter.

Yum on July 30 warned that the scandal had hurt sales badly at its KFC and Pizza Hut restaurants over the previous 10 days.

Yum got 35 percent of its operating profit from China last year and is more exposed to the market than McDonald's.

Yum did not quantify the impact of the China scandal on its profits, but said that a sustained, significant sales impact would "have a material effect on full-year earnings per share."

The double whammy of a food safety scare and bird flu in China battered sales at McDonald's and Yum last year. Those sales had just stared to recover when the latest food scandal emerged.

Food scandal hurt McDonald's results

Food scandal hurt McDonald's results

New scare hits fast food chains Junk food craving intensifies as Western restaurants proliferate

Hot Topics

Editor's Picks
...
...
主站蜘蛛池模板: 成人欧美一区二区三区在线观看 | 欧美一二区视频 | 自拍视频区 | 400部大量精品情侣网站 | 午夜久久久久久久 | 久久国产免费一区二区三区 | 国产日韩欧美一区二区三区综合 | 九九99九九在线精品视频 | 成人精品视频一区二区在线 | 日本免费毛片在线高清看 | 91国内视频在线观看 | 欧美日韩在线观看精品 | aaa在线观看高清免费 | 成人毛片免费 | 国产成人精品日本亚洲麻豆 | 欧美成人性色xxxx视频 | 免费视频日本 | 国产精品久久久久久爽爽爽 | 性生活免费视频网站 | 亚洲精品天堂一区 | 干女人逼视频 | 欧美黑人巨大xxxxxxxx | 国产一区二区三区成人久久片 | 日韩成人中文字幕 | 成人做爰毛片免费视频 | 国产亚洲欧美在线人成aaaa | 国产精品莉莉欧美自在线线 | 欧美亚洲日本在线 | 久草免费在线播放视频 | 国产一区二区三区在线观看免费 | 在线国产一区二区三区 | 日本成aⅴ人片日本伦 | 亚洲成人免费在线观看 | 国产精品视频久久久久久 | 大胆gogo999亚洲肉体艺术 | 最新国产大片高清视频 | 亚洲一区在线观看视频 | 在线高清国产 | 国产愉拍精品手机 | 波多野结衣免费视频观看 | 欧美成人三级网站在线观看 |