久久亚洲国产成人影院-久久亚洲国产的中文-久久亚洲国产高清-久久亚洲国产精品-亚洲图片偷拍自拍-亚洲图色视频

US EUROPE AFRICA ASIA 中文
Business / View

Vanke takeover battle highlights market regulation defects

(Xinhua) Updated: 2016-07-05 11:29

Vanke takeover battle highlights market regulation defects

Signs show the direction of Vanke group headquarters and Shenzhen Vanke Real Estate at its headquarters in Shenzhen, south China's Guangdong province, Nov 2, 2015. [Photo/Agencies]

BEIJING - A prolonged tussle over control of China's largest home builder has triggered a plunge in the company's stock price and calls for better market regulation.

Shares of China Vanke, a Shenzhen-listed property developer, tumbled by the daily limit of 10 percent as trading resumed on Monday following more than six months of suspension.

The company suspended trading in December 2015 after the privately-owned Baoneng Group quietly bought enough shares to become its largest holder.

Vanke chairman Wang Shi openly opposed the acquisition, calling Baoneng "barbarians" and expressing concerns over its credit score. Baoneng insisted that it had always abided by the law and had a good reputation.

The turf war between shareholders and management escalated last month, when Vanke announced an asset restructuring plan worth 45.6 billion yuan (6.9 billion U.S. dollars) with Shenzhen Metro Group that would make the subway operator overtake Baoneng to become the biggest shareholder.

In response, Baoneng proposed ejecting Vanke's senior management team, including Wang Shi, who is also founder of the company. But the proposal was voted down by the board on Friday.

The restructuring plan also drew opposition from Vanke's original largest holder, state-owned conglomerate China Resources, which is worried the deal would dilute its shares.

It remains unclear whether the restructuring can be successfully completed and who will end up in control of Vanke.

The power struggle has clearly unnerved investors, with an online poll on Sina.com showing 87.5 percent of those surveyed expect more share price slumps as steep as Monday's fall.

It has also sparked heated debate in a market where public takeover battles are rare, let alone such a high-profile fight over one of China's best known enterprises.

Economists and legal academics want all parties to bury the hatchet and negotiate a solution to avoid damage to the company and investors. Meanwhile, they point to imperfections in laws and regulations covering hostile takeovers and corporate governance.

The fight has already taken a toll on Vanke, with some project contracts facing the risk of being canceled and banks becoming cautious over the company's credit rating, Vanke president Yu Liang told a shareholders' meeting last week.

Under the current legal framework, listed firms in China have limited ways to defend themselves once they become targets of hostile takeovers, said Shi Tiantao, a law professor at Tsinghua University.

For example, shareholder rights plans devised to make the company's shares undesirable to acquirers, known as "poison pills," are common tactics used in countries including the United States but can not be easily adopted by Chinese firms, Shi said.

As a result, companies like Vanke have few options other than trading suspension to avoid from being taken over, but this method hurts the interests of investors as it prevents them from selling off shares to avert risks.

Wang Jun, an associate professor with China University of Political Science and Law, urged tougher scrutiny over leveraged buying of listed companies' shares to fend off financial risks.

"An acquiring firm can use funds raised at a leverage ratio as high as over 20 times to complete the purchase... the buyer should be required to disclose more information about the risk," said Wang.

Baoneng, a Shenzhen-based conglomerate with real estate and finance businesses, borrowed heavily to buy over 24 percent of Vanke's shares.

Zhou Qiren, a prominent economist with the National School of Development (NSD) at Peking University, called on market regulators to make public where Baoneng's funds come from and evaluate their risks.

"It is vital to all parties concerned and the stability of financial markets," Zhou said.

Other academics asked authorities to refrain from intervening in the row, saying it should be left in the hands of market forces.

"So far, the government has shown restraint [over the issue], which is very valuable," said Yao Yang, head of the NSD. "In this way, there will be room for the market to decide."

A spokesperson for the China Securities Regulatory Commission, the country's stock market watchdog, said on Friday that the commission has been "paying attention" to the issue, urging all parties to resolve the issue "within the corporate governance framework" in line with laws and regulations.

Hot Topics

Editor's Picks
...
主站蜘蛛池模板: 亚洲国产系列久久精品99人人 | 久久亚洲精品中文字幕 | 国产精品videosse | 99热在线获取最新地址 | 91不卡在线精品国产 | 伊人蜜桃 | 国产免费怡红院视频 | 国产精品免费一区二区区 | 在线观看中文字幕亚洲 | 一级一级一片免费高清 | 天堂最新版 | 日本乱人伦毛片 | 99久久久久国产精品免费 | 亚洲精品中文字幕久久久久久 | 免费高清欧美一区二区视频 | 一本色道久久88综合亚洲精品高清 | 草久在线观看视频 | 农村寡妇偷毛片一级 | 免费一级欧美在线观看视频片 | 日本精品久久久久久久 | 久久久久久久久久毛片精品美女 | 午夜爽爽性刺激一区二区视频 | 毛片免费观看视频 | 国产精品亚洲综合网站 | 国产精品一区在线观看 | 成年免费大片黄在线观看一 | 丝袜美腿精品一区二区三 | 精品国产成人a区在线观看 精品国产成人a在线观看 | 亚洲欧洲无码一区二区三区 | 99视频在线免费观看 | 国产精品高清在线 | 精品国产免费一区二区三区 | 欧美日本一区 | 亚洲精品综合一区二区 | 一区二区三区精品国产 | 亚洲免费观看在线视频 | 色偷偷亚洲女人天堂观看欧 | 美女视频免费看视频网站 | 欧美一级免费观看 | 亚洲精品国产成人一区二区 | 免费亚洲视频在线观看 |