久久亚洲国产成人影院-久久亚洲国产的中文-久久亚洲国产高清-久久亚洲国产精品-亚洲图片偷拍自拍-亚洲图色视频

USEUROPEAFRICAASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
Business
Home / Business / Technology

Bid for Qualcomm may face scrutiny

By Ma Si and Wang Yanfei | China Daily | Updated: 2017-11-08 07:37

Bid for Qualcomm may face scrutiny

Visitors examine new Qualcomm wearable devices during the Mobile World Congress 2017 in Barcelona, Spain.GETTY IMAGES

Chipmaker Broadcom Ltd's $105 billion proposal to buy its United States rival Qualcomm Inc is likely to face intense regulatory scrutiny in China, given the deal's huge size and potential impact on Qualcomm's joint ventures in the country, analysts said on Tuesday.

Wang Junlin, an antitrust lawyer at Beijing-based Yingke Law Firm, said the alliance, which could create a $200-billion-plus behemoth in the semiconductor sector, will be closely watched by regulators around the world.

Broadcom said on Monday that it plans to pay $70 a share to acquire Qualcomm in the largest-ever takeover in technology sector. The offer represents a 28 percent premium over Qualcomm's closing price on Nov 2.

"The sheer size of Qualcomm and Broadcom will definitely trigger worries about monopoly and unfair competition," Wang said.

According to him, it is highly likely for regulators to add conditions to the deal, or only allow Broadcom to acquire part of Qualcomm's business, so that the two won't form into a giant that has tremendous bargaining power.

Qualcomm is the world's largest maker for smartphone chips. It is in the process of closing a $38 billion bid it made last year for automotive chipmaker NXP Semiconductors NV. A combined Broadcom-Qualcomm-NXP would have dominant control over modems, Wi-Fi, GPS and near-field communications chips, all important components in smartphones and internet-connected vehicles.

In 2015, Qualcomm was fined $975 million in China for unfair and excessively high royalty payments it collected from local smartphone makers.

The Ministry of Commerce, one of the antitrust regulators in China, did not immediately respond to requests for comments.

Roger Sheng, a senior analyst at research company Gartner Inc, said the deal, if it goes through, will impact Qualcomm's three joint ventures in the country, which produce chips for servers, smartphones and drones.

"Qualcomm is transferring technologies to the three JVs. It remains unclear how such a partnership will go on if the deal is made. It is possible for Broadcom to sell the JVs to Qualcomm's local partners, for the common practice for Broadcom is to sell all nonessential assets," Sheng said.

The deal came amid a wave of acquisitions that occurred in the global semiconductor industry to prepare for the explosion of 5G and artificial intelligence technologies.

China is also spending big to cultivate a strong homegrown chip sector to reduce reliance on foreign companies. A string of local players such as Tsinghua Unigroup and Fujian Grand Chip Investment Fund are scrambling to beef up chip design and manufacturing capabilities.

Zhong Nan contributed to the story.

Most Viewed in 24 Hours
Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

Registration Number: 130349
FOLLOW US
 
主站蜘蛛池模板: 久青草免费在线视频 | 精品三级国产一区二区三区四区 | 韩日一级毛片 | 国产成人亚洲综合91精品555 | 国产精品自拍亚洲 | 欧美顶级毛片在线播放 | 国产aⅴ一区二区三区 | 亚洲 欧美 精品专区 极品 | 在线中文字幕日韩 | 女人张开腿等男人桶免费视频 | 国产成人免费网站在线观看 | 欧美一区二区亚洲 | 美女黄网站人色视频免费国产 | 成人毛片一区二区三区 | 99国产精品高清一区二区二区 | 成人一级网站 | 美女黄色一级片 | 一级特黄aa大片欧美网站 | 深夜爽爽福利gif在线观看 | 黄色三级三级三级 | 午夜一级成人 | 视频偷拍一级视频在线观看 | 亚洲最黄网站 | cao在线| 亚洲综合第一页 | 韩国一级免费视频 | 老司机毛片| 欧美黄色xxx | 中文国产日韩欧美视频 | 97超频国产在线公开免费视频 | 中文字幕在线播 | 亚洲国产成人精品久久 | 亚洲网站在线播放 | 国产精品亚洲欧美日韩久久 | 精品国产香蕉在线播出 | 精品久久久久久中文字幕 | 久久精品国产福利 | 亚洲香蕉一区二区三区在线观看 | 国产欧美日韩在线观看精品 | 欧美91精品久久久久网免费 | 日本一本久道 |