久久亚洲国产成人影院-久久亚洲国产的中文-久久亚洲国产高清-久久亚洲国产精品-亚洲图片偷拍自拍-亚洲图色视频

   

Gov't mulls new rules to protect children's rights

By Hu Yinan (China Daily)
Updated: 2007-05-25 07:07

Nineteen central government departments yesterday launched a national campaign to provide better protection for minors, a major part of which is to crack down on the use of child labor.

At its opening session, Gu Xiulian, vice-chairwoman of the NPC Standing Committee, said the protection of minors was "a requirement necessitated by the construction of a harmonious socialist society".

China has more than 340 million minors who account for 26.1 percent of the population.

The fight against the use of child labor is an integral part of the revised Law on the Protection of Minors, which will go into effect on Internattonal Children's Day next Friday.

"Enforcement mechanisms and legal responsibilities were not clearly defined in the past," Zhang Xiaoliang, head of the Communist Youth League Central Committee's rights protection division, told China Daily. "This undermined the operability of the law, and caused a series of other issues."

"They are now," he said.

The current law on the protection of minors has been effective since 1992. Its amendment began in 2003, and was passed by the nation's top legislators in the National People's Congress (NPC) Standing Committee last year.

In conjunction with criminal laws, legislators clarified for the first time the respective responsibilities of law enforcement agencies, and strengthened punishment for employers of child labor, Zhang said.

"Child labor is a serious problem and an acute issue," he said, without providing official figures on the current number of child workers in the country.

An earlier research report by Lu Shizhen, vice-president of the China Youth University of Political Sciences, suggested that the country had about 2-3 million child laborers (aged under 16) at the end of the 1990s.

Although the number of child laborers declined over the past decade, there is still widespread employment of children in some manufacturing companies, especially in South China.

The television program News Probe on China Central Television, revealed in a May 2000 program that 84 minors under the age of 14, from Rongshui County in the southwestern autonomous region of Guangxi, were detected as being illegally employed at a lamp mill in Dongteng, Zhejiang Province. During a clampdown operation, inspectors stopped a man who was allegedly about to take 31 children he had kidnapped from Rongshui to the Zhejiang mill.

"These things still happen but people are working very hard to stop them from happening," Zhang said.

(China Daily 05/25/2007 page3)



Top China News  
Today's Top News  
Most Commented/Read Stories in 48 Hours
主站蜘蛛池模板: 一级aaa毛片 | 成人福利网站在线看视频 | 国产99久久 | 中文字幕亚洲高清综合 | 一区二区三区免费高清视频 | 国产美女主播一级成人毛片 | 大片在线播放日本一级毛片 | 4四虎44虎www在线影院麻豆 | 国产成年人在线观看 | 老司机久久影院 | 欧美啊啊啊 | 日本高清专区一区二无线 | 男女午夜性爽快免费视频不卡 | 日韩中文字幕网 | 亚洲美女一级片 | www.黄色片| 香蕉网影院在线观看免费 | 国产短裙黑色丝袜在线观看下 | 99精品在线免费 | 欧美午夜精品一区二区三区 | 欧美成人观看视频在线 | 欧美f | 日韩国产中文字幕 | 男人桶女人暴爽的视频 | 国产片18在线观看 | 日韩亚洲欧美一区二区三区 | 国产欧美久久精品 | 成人欧美日韩高清不卡 | 国产一区二区三区免费播放 | 俄罗斯a级毛片 | 午夜手机视频 | 成人久久18免费网站入口 | 99日韩| 免费一级毛片无毒不卡 | 综合91| 欧美一区二三区 | 一区二区三区精品国产欧美 | 国产精品综合一区二区三区 | 久久精品国产亚洲欧美 | 欧美一区二区高清 | 新版天堂中文资源官网 |