久久亚洲国产成人影院-久久亚洲国产的中文-久久亚洲国产高清-久久亚洲国产精品-亚洲图片偷拍自拍-亚洲图色视频

US 'should explain' Australia military plans

Updated: 2011-12-09 07:46

By Li Xiaokun and Ma Liyao (China Daily)

  Comments() Print Mail Large Medium  Small 分享按鈕 0

BEIJING - A top Chinese military official has asked his US counterpart to explain Washington's intention to expand its military presence in Australia during their annual defense talks, the US official said on Thursday, one day after the talks.

Michele Flournoy, US undersecretary of defense for policy, told Ma Xiaotian, deputy chief of the People's Liberation Army General Staff, that Washington's planned deployment in Australia is not aimed at containing China.

Flournoy made the remarks at a briefing at the US embassy in Beijing.

She said Ma asked about Washington's intentions behind the plan to locate as many as 2,500 US Marines as well as aircraft and ships at a base in Darwin, northern Australia.

"We assured General Ma and his delegation that the US does not seek to contain China. We do not view China as an adversary," she said, adding that the moves were "first and foremost" about strengthening US-Australia ties.

US President Barack Obama announced the deployment plan on a trip to Asia last month, during which he said the US was "here to stay" in the region.

China's military denounced the plan, warning that it could erode trust and fan Cold War-style antagonism.

Flournoy also said the two countries were hoping to hold military exchanges and joint counter-piracy exercises in the Gulf of Aden that had been postponed in the wake of US arms sales to Taiwan.

The China-US defense consultative talks (DCT) were held on Wednesday in the Chinese capital. This was the first high-level meeting of US and Chinese defense officials since Washington angered Beijing in September by announcing an arms deal with Taiwan.

Beijing later delayed some planned military exchanges with the US.

A news release issued by the Ministry of National Defense on Thursday said the DCT was "candid and constructive" and "reached the expected target".

"The view that 'conflicts between the US and China are inevitable' is completely incorrect," Flournoy said during the talks, according to the news release.

Ma told Flournoy he believed a healthy and stable relationship between the two militaries helps "control crises and prevent risks".

He said at the start of the talks that the fact that this round of the DCT took place as scheduled showed that both countries are "sincere about maintaining military exchanges".

In January 2010, Washington announced a $6.4-billion arms sale package for Taiwan, which led to limited military contact between China and the US for almost a year, until then US secretary of defense Robert Gates visited China in January 2011.

Although the consultations took place as scheduled, the issue of arms sales to Taiwan could not be avoided, said Luo Yuan, a researcher with the PLA's Academy of Military Science.

Ma urged the US side to remove the obstacles to promoting China-US military relations during the consultations, according to the news release.

Arms sales to Taiwan serve to restrict the two militaries' contacts, and reconnaissance activities by US aircraft and ships remain major obstacles, Ma said.

Related Stories

China, US hold defense talks despite frictions 2011-12-08 08:05
主站蜘蛛池模板: 亚洲国产成a人v在线 | 国产视频一二三 | 精品视频一区二区三三区四区 | 欧美成人二区 | 国产精品欧美一区二区三区不卡 | 国产欧美亚洲三区久在线观看 | 成人男女网18免费91 | 亚洲精品国产精品国自产观看 | 精品久久免费视频 | 黄色网址在线免费看 | 亚洲专区在线视频 | 国产精品免费一区二区三区四区 | 国产成人精品一区二区三区 | 91热成人精品国产免费 | 一级做性色a爱片久久片 | 欧美在线 | 欧美 | 久久精品视频16 | 国产女厕偷窥系列在线视频 | 理论片免费午夜 | 欧美一级三级在线观看 | 性xxx69xxx视频在线观看 | 亚洲男人在线 | 久草网在线 | 一级毛片真人不卡免费播 | 日韩欧美在线视频 | 免费国产成人高清视频网站 | 成人老司机深夜福利久久 | 国产精品亲子乱子伦xxxx裸 | 在线国产观看 | 成人免费xxx色视频 成人免费大片a毛片 | 日本一区二区高清免费不卡 | 丁香伊人五月综合激激激 | 99久久久精品免费观看国产 | 国产东北色老头老太性视频 | 中文字幕在线视频网站 | 中国一级毛片 | 97视频免费上传播放 | 好吊妞国产欧美日韩视频 | 久久99国产亚洲高清观看韩国 | 国产精品久久久久久久9999 | 欧美一区二区三区在线视频 |