久久亚洲国产成人影院-久久亚洲国产的中文-久久亚洲国产高清-久久亚洲国产精品-亚洲图片偷拍自拍-亚洲图色视频

chinadaily.com.cn
left corner left corner
China Daily Website

Military dismisses islands war fear

Updated: 2012-08-01 02:00
By Li Xiaokun and Zhao Shengnan ( China Daily)

Beijing hopes negotiations can resolve disputes, experts say

The military dismissed conjecture that Beijing is preparing for war to defend national territory in the South China Sea, saying the PLA opposes any armed intervention in the region.

Defense Ministry spokesman Geng Yansheng was speaking on Tuesday at a news conference on the eve of the 85th anniversary of the PLA.

All nine members of the Political Bureau Standing Committee of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of China, in a rare appearance on Tuesday, attended a reception to mark the anniversary.

Geng's comments further clarified that Beijing wanted to solve territorial disputes through negotiation even though it has the capability to resort to armed force, experts said.

"China has indisputable sovereign rights over the South China Sea islands and their adjacent waters, and the military opposes any outside military intervention in this area," Geng said when asked about the possibility of conflict.

China's territorial disputes with the Philippines in the South China Sea escalated sharply earlier this year after a Philippine warship harassed fishing boats in waters near China's Huangyan Island. The Philippines disputes China's sovereignty.

Philippine President Benigno Aquino announced on July 23 plans for a 75 billion peso ($1.8 billion) fund to upgrade the military and asked his nation to "speak with one voice" on the issue of Huangyan Island.

One day later, China officially established the city of Sansha on Yongxing Island in Hainan province, and also established a military garrison.

A regular combat-readiness patrol has been established in waters under China's jurisdiction, Geng said.

The patrol is not targeting any specific country but will protect China's territorial sovereignty and maritime rights, he said, adding that the PLA is "confident that it is capable" of performing the task.

A legitimate move by the navy, to protect national interests, should not be interpreted as adopting a hard line against other countries, Geng said.

"At least we can tell from Geng's remarks that, at present, China is not willing to resort to armed force to solve disputes in the South China Sea," said Niu Jun, a professor of international politics at Peking University.

The stance is consistent with the government trying to solve the issue in a peaceful way, Niu said.

"There are hawkish voices at home, but in my view they are just acting in an irresponsible way which does not help the situation."

Zhai Dequan, deputy secretary-general of the China Arms Control and Disarmament Association, believed Geng's comments are a message to Vietnam, the Philippines and Japan not to use intrigue or deceit to increase the risk of military conflict in the South China Sea or the East China Sea.

No one will benefit from war, he said.

The news conference also heard senior PLA officers address other issues.

Colonel Lin Bai, with the General Armament Department of the PLA, dismissed reports that China's aircraft carrier is ready for service, saying it will continue to undergo tests.

The military announced the aircraft carrier, the first in the navy, exactly one year ago.

"The Great Wall was not built in a day. I hope the question can be treated in a rational and objective way," Lin said.

Wang Yongsheng, from the PLA General Political Department, stressed China resolutely opposed any suggestion concerning the de-politicization of the army, adding that these stem from "ulterior motives".

"The PLA was founded by, and is under the leadership of, the Communist Party of China, and the CPC's absolute leadership over the army is the army's fundamental system and principle," said Wang.

"Our army belongs to the Party, but it also belongs to the State and to the people," he said.

Wang said some people in other countries criticized China's military system. That criticism spread erroneous ideas. Some even suggested the Party should end its leadership of the army, according to Wang.

"Those ideas stem from ulterior motives," said Wang. "We will resolutely oppose them."

At the reception held at the Great Hall of the People on Tuesday evening, Defense Minister Liang Guanglie proposed a toast that "this is a year of special significance in the development of our Party and our country".

The CPC is going to hold its 18th National Congress later this year.

The PLA will "unswervingly follow the basic principle and system of the Party's absolute leadership over the armed forces", Liang said.

"We will firmly stay committed to the path of peaceful development, follow an independent foreign policy of peace and continue to conduct friendly exchanges and cooperation with the armed forces of other countries," the minister said.

Xinhua contributed to this story.

Contact the writers at lixiaokun@chinadaily.com.cn and zhaoshengnan@chinadaily.com.cn

 
8.03K
 
...
...
...
主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产成人啪精品视频免费软件 | 国产成人毛片视频不卡在线 | 精品欧美小视频在线观看 | a毛片免费看 | 国产精品久久久久久久久久久久 | 国产欧美日韩三级 | 亚洲aⅴ男人的天堂在线观看 | 五月桃花网婷婷亚洲综合 | 国产精品九九久久一区hh | 国产20页| 偷自拍第一页 | 亚洲第一大网站 | 欧美精品久久久久久久影视 | 国产精品久久久久久久久久久不卡 | 国产午夜亚洲精品理论片不卡 | 在线播放国产真实女同事 | 欧美一级纶理片免费 | 亚洲国产成人精品91久久久 | 亚洲天堂男人天堂 | 久久九九久精品国产 | 久久国产欧美日韩精品免费 | 激情6月丁香婷婷色综合 | 久久久亚洲精品国产 | 特级淫片国产免费高清视频 | 免费观看一级成人毛片软件 | 国产91九色刺激露脸对白 | 亚洲综合成人网 | 国产在线观看一区二区三区 | 女人张开腿让男人桶个爽 | 日本三级一区二区三区 | 精品视频免费在线观看 | 久久久国产一区二区三区丝袜 | 洋老外米糕国产一区二区 | 国产91久久精品 | 欧美一区视频在线 | 一级亚洲 | 亚洲成人手机在线观看 | 国产成人精品亚洲777图片 | 伊人狠狠丁香婷婷综合色 | 亚洲国产一区二区三区最新 | 国产99视频精品免费视频7 |