久久亚洲国产成人影院-久久亚洲国产的中文-久久亚洲国产高清-久久亚洲国产精品-亚洲图片偷拍自拍-亚洲图色视频

USEUROPEAFRICAASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
China
Home / China / Society

Factories reopening after floods

By WANG ZHENGHUA in Shanghai | China Daily | Updated: 2013-10-14 23:59

Yuyao in Zhejiang province has largely recovered from its worst storm in a century that brought chaos to the industrial city last week.

The lives of hundreds of thousands of residents are back on track, with factories beginning to reopen on Monday.

The unprecedented flash flooding paralyzed public transport and telecom services and cut power and water supplies for days. The city's flood control headquarters said the level of the Yaojiang River dropped to 3.99 meters by 3 pm on Monday from its record 5.33 meters in recent days.

By early afternoon on Monday, only one out of the 151 inundated communities in downtown Yuyao remained partially flooded.

Transport authorities said two major roads remain closed, 66 out of the 75 bus routes have resumed operations, and more than 260 taxis out of the fleet of 440 are back on the road.

Power and water supplies have largely been restored.

To help thousands of migrant workers wanting to visit their hometowns after the disaster, the government offered free train or bus tickets to non-natives working in Yuyao.

From Monday until Oct 24, non-local residents holding temporary residence permits in Yuyao can apply for a free journey home.

On Monday, some factories resumed production. More are expected to reopen in coming days.

"We have started to work as usual," said Sun Wu, who works for Dafeng Industry, a supplier of stage, lighting and sound equipment. The factory, with 1,000 employees, along with most of the businesses in Yuyao, was forced to stop work during the flooding.

"Following the floods, we were worried about epidemics breaking out," Sun said on Monday. "But our factory organized disinfection work and we are relieved to be back at work."

Local authorities also helped clean and disinfect houses that were inundated by neck-deep floodwaters, he said. Many people who had to stay in temporary settlement centers or factory workshops have moved back into their homes.

Ye Chunyang, who works at Zettler Electronics, said: "We now have tap water and the power is expected to be restored soon. We are told to be back at work on Tuesday."

But Ye said workers' wages this month are expected to be low because of the impact of the flooding. "Our company's economic losses will not be small," he added.

After the flooding many people complained of below-par government relief efforts, saying the authorities had been slow or disorganized in providing help.

Teng Wuxiao, a disaster management expert at Fudan University in Shanghai, said: "The local government lacks plans to deal with disastrous weather. Without adequate preparation and an emergency plan, a city is likely to be paralyzed following such weather."

Many medium-sized or small cities are weak in analyzing and researching natural disasters, he said. "Lack of a sense of crisis and poor prevention and emergency management are often seen," he added.

In Yuyao, some residents approached by China Daily said they had not had access to food or proper accommodation for several days, although the local authorities said they had stocked enough provisions.

"The relief efforts were so disorganized that some got five or six quilts from the government while others, who received the news late, got none," said a resident in the village of Xinqiao, who asked to remain anonymous.

Mao Hongfang, Party chief of Yuyao, said the disaster was caused by unprecedented rainfall, denying there were improper drainage facilities in the city.

Mao said earlier it was only once in 100 years that a downpour with water volume equivalent to that of 68 West Lakes — the scenic spot in Hangzhou, the provincial capital — or to two years' rainfall in Beijing, fell on Yuyao in two days.

"Under the circumstances, the city's infrastructure, no matter how complete it is, is powerless. Even a god could not handle it."

Meanwhile, a town official in Yuyao was reprimanded after he was revealed to have asked a villager to carry him on his back to avoid getting his expensive shoes wet, China News Service reported on Monday. Harsher punishment is being considered, the report said.

Wang Hongyi in Shanghai contributed to this story.

wangzhenghua@chinadaily.com.cn

Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

Registration Number: 130349
FOLLOW US
 
主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产成人欧美一区二区三区的 | 国产精品成久久久久三级 | 宅男毛片 | 天堂影院jav成人天堂免费观看 | 九九九热在线精品免费全部 | 91日本在线精品高清观看 | 成年女人免费视频播放成年m | 特级毛片| 亚洲精品国产国语 | 免费观看欧美精品成人毛片 | 久久精品免费全国观看国产 | 亚洲午夜网站 | 亚洲在线第一页 | 男女免费爽爽爽在线视频 | 亚洲高清一区二区三区四区 | 欧美视频免费一区二区三区 | 免费不卡毛片 | 思99re久久这里只有精品首页 | 国产成人高清亚洲一区久久 | 高清一区二区在线观看 | 欧美午夜三级我不卡在线观看 | 日本三级久久 | 国产美女一级毛片 | 小明日韩在线看看永久区域 | 亚洲精品影院久久久久久 | 免费成人毛片 | 一区二区三区日本视频 | 欧美日韩免费播放一区二区 | 亚洲高清国产一区二区三区 | 岛国片欧美一级毛片 | 久久美女精品国产精品亚洲 | 一级做a爰性色毛片 | 玖草在线视频 | 欧美久久久久欧美一区 | 中文国产成人精品久久一 | 一级欧美日韩 | 亚洲自偷 | 久久香蕉国产视频 | 久久中文字幕综合不卡一二区 | a级毛片毛片免费很很综合 a级毛片免费 | 在线视频日韩精品 |