久久亚洲国产成人影院-久久亚洲国产的中文-久久亚洲国产高清-久久亚洲国产精品-亚洲图片偷拍自拍-亚洲图色视频

US EUROPE AFRICA ASIA 中文
China / Society

Terror attacks stifle Uygur businesses

By By CUI JIA in Urumqi (China Daily) Updated: 2014-07-14 07:35

Criminal acts make it hard to 'operate at ease'

The businesses of Uygur entrepreneurs in the Xinjiang Uygur autonomous region, especially in traditional Uygur foods, have suffered serious setbacks since the series of terrorist attacks that happened this year, businessmen said, who jointly condemned the violent acts.

"Our hotel's occupancy rate dropped by 60 percent in the first half of the year, compared with last year. Our banquet hall, which caters to tourists and offers traditional Uygur foods and performances, has seen hardly any customers since the terrorist attack in Kunming in March," said Xoket Abulat, the manager of Xinjiang Tumaris Hotel in Urumqi, the regional capital.

He said that because of the poor sales, the hotel had no choice but to let some employees go and reduce the salaries of those stayed. "The shockwave from such attacks will gradually hit every one of us, especially those selling Uygur food and engaged in the leisure industry. "

On March 1, a group of knife-wielding assailants attacked civilians at a railway station in Kunming, capital of Yunnan province. Police shot four attackers dead at the station, and the other four were arrested and detained by police. All were from Xinjiang.

Two separate terrorist attacks were carried out in Urumqi in April and May. The violence prompted the central government to launch a nationwide yearlong campaign against terrorism.

"The restaurants have had considerably fewer customers since March, and it is not getting any better," said Abudulkeyim Rejip, the manager of the Xinjiang Bodun Uygur fast food chain.

The less optimistic situation of his business actually has fueled his ambition to open new branches outside the region. "There are so many misunderstandings about Uygurs. I hope the restaurants will serve as platforms to create mutual respect," he said.

Xoket and Abudulkeyim are among the 566 entrepreneurs and their employees - most of them from Uygur ethnic group - who jointly drafted and signed an open letter addressed to fellow Uygurs to denounce terrorism a week ago.

"The terrorists' criminal acts have wronged us and made us unable to operate at ease," said the letter. "Whenever terror happens, our hearts hurt. Our enterprises have been affected by the terrorist attacks."

The letter called on all Uygurs to unite to fight terrorism.

On July 10, the Xinjiang regional government sent a work group to Guangdong province assisting local government to provide services and manage the workforce from Xinjiang. More teams will be sent to other provinces where many people from Xinjiang make their living.

Contact the writer at cuijia@chinadaily.com.cn

Highlights
Hot Topics
...
主站蜘蛛池模板: 91成人软件 | 免费国产不卡午夜福在线观看 | 偷看各类wc女厕嘘在线观看 | 成人看片黄a免费 | 国产精品合集久久久久青苹果 | 依人九九| 亚洲qingse中文久久网 | 久久精品免费一区二区视 | 久草中文网 | 一级毛片在线免费观看 | 精品国产美女福利到在线不卡 | 中文国产成人精品少久久 | 国产欧美另类性视频 | 免费观看欧美一级毛片 | 国产欧美一区二区三区精品 | 国产的一级片 | 免费视频精品一区二区三区 | 在线观看国产亚洲 | 日韩午夜视频在线观看 | 国产99视频精品免费视频免里 | 在线国产一区二区 | 久久香蕉精品视频 | 国产精品免费一区二区三区 | 欧美视频一区二区 | 精品日本久久久久久久久久 | 美国毛片亚洲社区在线观看 | 国产三级小视频在线观看 | 免费毛片a线观看 | 黄色成人免费网站 | 国产成人精品亚洲2020 | 黄色网网址 | 中国日本高清免费视频网 | 欧美成人性色生活片免费在线观看 | 国产精品情人露脸在线观看 | 草草视频在线观看 | 美国一级毛片视频 | 国产区精品 | 亚洲一区在线视频 | 国产一区二区三区精品久久呦 | 国产免费人成在线看视频 | 99视频在线播放 |