久久亚洲国产成人影院-久久亚洲国产的中文-久久亚洲国产高清-久久亚洲国产精品-亚洲图片偷拍自拍-亚洲图色视频

US EUROPE AFRICA ASIA 中文
China / Society

Rescuers struggle against floods after the quake

(Xinhua) Updated: 2014-08-06 07:18

LUDIAN, Yunnan - Rescuers are risking their lives as they work to open roads and defuse the threat of barrier lakes in mountainous areas of southwest China's Yunnan province Tuesday after a devastating earthquake.

Key Points

A 6.5-magnitude earthquake rattled southwest China's Yunnan province at 4:30 p.m. Sunday.

The epicenter is in Longtoushan Township, 23 km southwest of the county seat of Ludian, in Zhaotong city.

More than 12,000 houses have been toppled and 30,000 damaged in the quake zone.

At least?589 people dead, 9 missing?and 2,401 injured

Many of the homes that collapsed in Ludian, which has a population of about 429,000, were old and made of brick.
Latest report 
Photos: Prayers for quake victims;Life after quake 
Video

Landslides have blocked roads leading to Longtoushan Township in Ludian County, epicenter of Sunday's tremor, which killed at least?589 people as of Wednesday and injured more than 2,401 others.

A road leading to a large barrier lake on Niulan River was made passable after 38 hours of repairs by an armed police squad. Repair work is underway on three other roads in the quake zone.

As of 6 p.m. Tuesday, accumulated water volume of the barrier lake had reached 49.6 million cubic meters, and the water level is increasing at a speed of 16 cm per hour, said Sun Huaikun, a technical specialist in charge of the barrier lake response.

Sun told a press conference late Tuesday that 4,200 residents living on the lower reaches of the Niulan River had been evacuated. A reservoir, located on the upper reaches, is required to intercept river water and reduce pressure on the barrier lake.

Barrier lakes, formed by landslides blocking rivers, are a recurrent threat to the lives of victims and rescuers alike. A 24-year-old border policeman is missing after he was hit by a falling rock as he attempted to swim a barrier lake in search of survivors.

More than 60 soldiers were trapped by a sudden flood from a barrier lake Tuesday afternoon and were rescued by another team of armed police.

The quake also damaged reservoirs and water pipes, cutting off supplies for over 300,000 people. Currently, local bottled water plants are providing 50 tonnes of drinking water every day.

"As traffic has improved, we delivered 20 tonnes of bottled water and we are repairing water pipes as quickly as we can," said Zhou Minghui, head of Ludian water bureau.

Rescue continues

Rescuers are still racing against time to save lives as the death toll rises. More fatalities may still be reported as the rescue work spreads to remote locations.

In a "miracle" rescue, an 88-year-old woman was pulled from a pile of rubble in the Babao Village late Tuesday after being buried for more than 50 hours.

She is unhurt and her health is fine, rescuers and doctors said.

At midday Tuesday, rescuers dug the body of a ten-year-old girl out of a collapsed house in Longtoushan.

"We have detected 12 people buried beneath the rubble, but unfortunately there are no signs of life," said Zhang Wukuan with a special rescue team. "Four bodies have been recovered."

In Tangjiawan, Longtoushan, villagers carried the bodies of six dead residents 10 km out of the mountains on makeshift stretchers.

"Our medicine is running out and more injured people are still being sent to us," said Chen Wangchang, head of Ludian Traditional Chinese Medicine Hospital.

Relief goods such as food and tents were airlifted to several villages in Longtoushan Tuesday. Traffic controls are in place of the main road between Ludian's county seat and Longtoushan, prioritizing ambulances and vehicles carrying relief goods.

Rescuers struggle against floods after the quake
Saved by seconds 
Workers are repairing roads but their efforts have been hindered by continuous downpours, falling rocks and aftershocks.

On one major road linking Zhaotong and Qiaojia, workers are removing 25 million cubic meters of debris.

Electricity supplies have resumed for three quarters of more than 38,000 households in Zhaotong and communications have mostly been restored, according to the local grid company and telecom operators.

The disaster has also damaged many small reservoirs near the epicenter. Workers have begun emptying two cracked reservoirs.

The quake, the strongest in 14 years, struck at 4:30 p.m. Sunday (Beijing Time) with its epicenter in Longtoushan Township, Ludian County in Zhaotong City, affecting 1.08 million people in the cities of Zhaotong and Qujing.

Nearly 80,000 homes collapsed and 124,000 were seriously damaged.

Highlights
Hot Topics
...
主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产成人a福利在线观看 | 日本天堂网在线 | 中文字幕在线看视频一区二区三区 | 精品在线免费视频 | 黄www| 国产成人一区二区三区视频免费 | 午夜精品尤物福利视频在线 | 欧美成人视屏 | 国产成人毛片 | 国产美女三级做爰 | 中文字幕精品一区二区2021年 | 怡红院免费va男人的天堂 | 伊人国产在线视频 | 国产一区二三区 | 老妇综合久久香蕉蜜桃 | 国产一区二区免费不卡在线播放 | 性视频福利在线看 | 国产精品久久永久免费 | 萌白酱福利视频 | 男人天堂亚洲 | 久久99精品国产免费观看 | 国产精品李雅在线观看 | 亚洲一区二区三区不卡在线播放 | 亚洲午夜精品 | 亚洲欧美自拍偷拍 | 日本特黄特色大片免费视频网站 | 国产成人爱片免费观看视频 | 国产综合精品一区二区 | 一级做a爰片久久毛片 | 日韩成人免费一级毛片 | 67194成人在线观看 | 在线综合+亚洲+欧美中文字幕 | 91影视做在线观看免费 | 中文字幕天堂久久精品 | 国产精品videossex另类 | 手机在线观看毛片 | 亚洲在线观看 | 99精品福利| 久久频这里精品香蕉久久 | 91成年人| 久久高清影院 |