久久亚洲国产成人影院-久久亚洲国产的中文-久久亚洲国产高清-久久亚洲国产精品-亚洲图片偷拍自拍-亚洲图色视频

US EUROPE AFRICA ASIA 中文
China / Society

Medical team to fight Ebola in Sierra Leone

By Wang Qingyun and Shan Juan (China Daily) Updated: 2014-09-17 07:21

Medical team to fight Ebola in Sierra Leone

Medical workers wave goodbye in Beijing on Tuesday as they board a plane bound for Sierra Leone. Ma Ruzhuang / for China Daily


A team of 59 medical workers from China headed for Sierra Leone on Tuesday afternoon to help contain Ebola.

The team will be working for about two months in a hospital China helped build in Freetown, the capital, said team leader Gao Fu, deputy director of the Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention. The team is composed of workers from the center and from the 302 Military Hospital of China.

"Staff workers from the center will do virus detection to diagnose Ebola cases, while those from the hospital will be taking care of people who are being monitored for potential infection," he said, adding a mobile laboratory will arrive soon.

"Medical workers from China will take turns doing the tasks, which are expected to last six to eight months," he said.

In response to the Ebola outbreak, the World Health Organization set a goal to stop its transmission in affected countries within six to nine months and prevent its international spread. The organization urged "a massively scaled and coordinated international response" to support the countries.

The team may also be able to help Sierra Leone with its quarantine work, said Wang Yu, the disease center's director, who was in Sierra Leone during the first week of September.

"Sierra Leone will keep all its citizens indoors from Sept 19 to 21, and more than 700 units made up of troops and medical workers will search door-to-door for suspected Ebola cases," he said. "We may help them if we make it in time."

West Africa, where the virus broke out early this year, lacks the public health resources to keep the epidemic under control, and frequent people exchanges between China and the region further require China to help fight the epidemic, he said.

The WHO welcomes China's support "very strongly", said Martin Taylor of the group's China office.

"Identifying people who have become infected with the virus is an important part of the response now," he said.

More than 4,000 Ebola cases have been identified, with more than 2,000 deaths, he said.

"The WHO's traveler advice is that countries don't need to impose travel bans or restrict travel to or from the worst hit countries because the risk of transmission is relatively low," Taylor said. "For travelers who are traveling to those countries, we would advise they avoid mass gatherings in those countries."

Margaret Chan, the WHO chief, told AFP on Tuesday that the newly announced team will join the Chinese who had been on the ground in Sierra Leone "virtually since the beginning".

She said that the new commitment was "a huge boost, morally and operationally".

China has sent a total of 174 medical workers, including the 59, to Sierra Leone, Liberia and Guinea to help deal with Ebola since it broke out this year. Of those, 33 are still working in the assigned country, the National Health and Family Planning Commission said on Tuesday.

Contact the writers at wangqing-yun@chinadaily.com.cn and shanjuan@chinadaily.com.cn

Highlights
Hot Topics
...
主站蜘蛛池模板: 美女张开腿黄网站免费 | 国产欧美综合一区二区 | 麻豆国产96在线 | 中国 | 日本激情视频在线观看 | 免费亚洲网站 | 国产精品二| 特级一级毛片视频免费观看 | 大狠狠大臿蕉香蕉大视频 | 欧美生活片在线 | 国产高清亚洲 | 在线精品国产一区二区 | 亚洲视频日韩视频 | 亚洲不卡一区二区三区在线 | 天堂一区二区三区在线观看 | 久草在线免费资源站 | 欧美一级毛片一级毛片 | 国产一级片网址 | 亚洲在线第一页 | 久久狠狠色狠狠色综合 | 性福利视频 | 国产精品外围在线观看 | 大陆孕妇孕交视频自拍 | 99视频有精品视频免费观看 | 免费人成在线观看 | 国产性生活视频 | 黄色毛片免费在线观看 | 成人影院一区二区三区 | 亚洲视频在线看 | 免费a黄色 | 欧美中日韩在线 | 国产情侣久久 | 亚洲欧美久久精品一区 | 亚洲国产精品综合久久20 | 亚洲一级特黄特黄的大片 | 国产偷自拍 | 美国第一毛片 | 中文字幕成人免费高清在线视频 | 国产午夜精品久久理论片 | 91精品日本久久久久久牛牛 | 美国三级在线 | 美女视频永久黄网站免费观看国产 |