久久亚洲国产成人影院-久久亚洲国产的中文-久久亚洲国产高清-久久亚洲国产精品-亚洲图片偷拍自拍-亚洲图色视频

US EUROPE AFRICA ASIA 中文
China / Environment

Nuclear processing site suspended

By Cang Wei (China Daily) Updated: 2016-08-11 08:13

A coastal city in eastern China on Wednesday backed away from its selection of a site for a Sino-French nuclear waste processing plant, after days of protests by residents.

Since Saturday, thousands of people concerned about safety took to the streets of Lianyungang, Jiangsu province, to protest the proposed 100 billion yuan ($15 billion) plant.

The local government said on its website on Wednesday that the city would "suspend the site selection and preliminary work on the nuclear recycling project". No other details were given.

French nuclear fuel group Areva and China National Nuclear Corp signed a deal for the project in 2012 for processing spent fuel produced by nuclear power plants.

Construction is scheduled to start in 2020, with completion by 2030. But the location has yet to be decided.

A media report on July 26 said that a deputy director of the State Administration of Science, Technology, and Industry for National Defense, accompanied by CNNC executives, were inspecting Lianyungang as a possible location for the plant. The report drew huge public attention and local people protested.

"The final site will be decided by the central government after being scientifically researched, released to the public and supported by the local government," Xue Weiming, general manager of the CNNC's Nuclear Fuel Reprocessing Co, was quoted as saying by Science Daily on Wednesday.

He added that radiation risks in the nuclear reprocessing program are low and the influence on the environment and nearby residents can be controlled.

However, Chen Yong, a teacher at the city's Huaihai Institute of Technology, said it's the transportation process, not the nuclear reprocessing technology, that he is worried about.

"Nobody can give assurances that the spent nuclear waste is 100 percent safe during transportation, as people are needed to lift it, unload it and drive it during the process," Zhang said.

"People have a right to worry about their safety and demand that the dangerous material is not in their backyard," he said. "The government should communicate with the public patiently and earn their trust on the program."

The city government promised earlier this week that it would release accurate information about the plant to the public in a timely manner. It also said that anyone who fabricates information or spreads rumors will be punished.

Lianyungang, about 500 kilometers north of Shanghai, is a port city with a population of 4.5 million.

Tianwan Nuclear Power Station, with two Russian-designed reactors, is located there. Two more units are being built.

The Chinese mainland now has 34 nuclear power plants in operation, 20 under construction and more planned, according to the World Nuclear Association.

Founded in 2011, Nuclear Fuel Reprocessing Co is responsible for preliminary work in the China-France nuclear recycling program that is supported by both countries. Since 2015, it has researched about 10 sites in coastal provinces, including Shandong, Fujian and Zhejiang.

Highlights
Hot Topics

...
主站蜘蛛池模板: 成人区视频爽爽爽爽爽 | 波多野结衣一区二区 | 久久国产夜色精品噜噜亚洲a | 欧美成人精品免费播放 | 久久在线免费观看 | 成人一级毛片 | 男女性高爱潮免费的国产 | 男女男精品视频在线播放 | 国产一级爱做片免费观看 | 成人久久 | 久久久婷 | 免费一级毛片在线播放放视频 | 亚洲美女一级片 | 男人天堂网在线 | 亚洲成人高清在线 | 99精品视频在线观看免费 | 一级做a爰片久久毛片美女 一级做a爰片久久毛片免费看 | 亚州毛片| 国产一级做a爰片久久毛片 国产一级做a爰片久久毛片99 | 五月久久亚洲七七综合中文网 | 美女扒开腿让男生桶爽网站 | 悟空影视大全免费影视 | 日韩专区亚洲精品欧美专区 | 国产在线精品成人一区二区三区 | 欧美激情久久久久久久久 | 噜噜噜狠狠夜夜躁精品 | 欧美性生交大片免费看 | 在线观看免费视频国产 | 精品视频久久 | 欧美最爽乱淫视频播放黑人 | 美国毛片免费看 | 在线亚洲综合 | 久草网站在线观看 | 日本污污网站 | 成年人免费软件 | 一区二区三区四区在线免费观看 | 神马三级我不卡 | 亚洲欧美日韩精品永久在线 | 国产精品久久久久9999小说 | 欧美成人xxx | 久草在线免费资源站 |