久久亚洲国产成人影院-久久亚洲国产的中文-久久亚洲国产高清-久久亚洲国产精品-亚洲图片偷拍自拍-亚洲图色视频

USEUROPEAFRICAASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
China
Home / China / National affairs

Public interest suit filed to claim compensation for consumers

By Li Wenfang in Guangzhou | China Daily | Updated: 2017-03-14 07:40

Guangdong Consumer Council has filed the country's first public interest lawsuit to request compensation in the field of consumption.

The lawsuit is requesting compensation for the consumption of meat from sick and dead pigs, and of pork preserved using hazardous liquid.

On behalf of consumers, the council is requesting compensation of more than 10 million yuan ($1.44 million) from the 20 defendants, as well as an apology through mainstream media and payment of lawyers' and litigation fees.

The 20 defendants were seized in Huizhou and Shenzhen in a joint operation by police in Shenzhen's Longgang district and the city's market supervisory authority in 2015.

Public interest suit filed to claim compensation for consumers

Longgang district procuratorate prosecuted the defendants on criminal charges last year, with the second trial of the case currently underway.

Considering the serious harm to consumers and the adverse impact on society, the council filed the lawsuit on March 8 at the Shenzhen Intermediate People's Court, the council said in a statement.

Public interest litigation is practiced in the fields of environmental protection and consumption in China.

Since 2014, when the Law on the Protection of Consumer Rights and Interests was amended, consumer organizations across the country have filed public interest litigations, all of which aimed only to stop criminal practices. None of the cases were accepted by courts or were withdrawn due to settlement agreements, except one, which lead to a public apology.

"We believe that public interest litigation is an effective way to target individual offenders and businesses," the council said.

The compensation value was reached by calculating the revenue earned from selling the meat of sick or dead pigs.

If the council wins the case, it will divide the compensation out among the victims in this case, said Yang Shu'na, deputy secretary-general of the council.

If a victim fails to claim their compensation or there is a surplus, the money will be handed to the State coffer or a public interest fund for the protection of consumer rights.

Pork is the most commonly eaten meat in China. Despite a heavy crackdown by the government to address the issue of substandard meat, some businesses, driven by financial benefit, continue to evade supervision, said Zhu Lieyu, director of Guangdong Guardian Law Firm, who serve as the attorney in this case.

Consumers are not often aware of the quality of the pork they consume, which makes it difficult for them to safeguard their rights, Zhu said.

This is a landmark case, which will boost the public interest litigation system regarding consumption, Zhu said.

Zhang Yingshu contributed to this story.

liwenfang@chinadaily.com.cn

(China Daily 03/14/2017 page7)

Editor's picks
Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

Registration Number: 130349
FOLLOW US
 
主站蜘蛛池模板: 特黄a三级三级三级 | 欧美激情欧美狂野欧美精品免费 | 日本69xxxxxxxxx69 日本a v 黄 日本aaaa级 日本aaaa级毛片在线看 | 欧美成人精品福利在线视频 | 午夜精品久视频在线观看 | 特级毛片全部免费播放器 | 成年人免费的视频 | 国产成人亚洲日本精品 | 免费 成年人 | 欧美一区二三区 | 日本网址在线观看 | 欧美久久一区二区 | 免费播放欧美毛片欧美aaaaa | 亚州精品一区二区三区 | 成人黄色在线观看 | 又黄又爽又刺激的视频 | 亚洲成人三级 | 亚洲毛片免费视频 | 久久久久久久久久免费视频 | a级欧美片免费观看 | 7777在线视频 | 五月久久噜噜噜色影 | 成年人视频免费网站 | 久久精品91| 中文字幕亚洲欧美日韩不卡 | 青木玲中文字幕一区二区 | 日本噜噜影院 | 欧美成人精品在线 | 久久久在线视频精品免费观看 | 高清日本在线成人免费视频 | 成人免费高清视频网址 | 一区二区三区影视 | 免费在线视频成人 | 亚欧色 | 欧美片a | 男人的天堂官网 | 日韩成人毛片高清视频免费看 | 亚欧免费视频 | 18女人毛片大全 | 亚州一区二区 | 成人免费看毛片 |