久久亚洲国产成人影院-久久亚洲国产的中文-久久亚洲国产高清-久久亚洲国产精品-亚洲图片偷拍自拍-亚洲图色视频

USEUROPEAFRICAASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
China
Home / China / Society

Free, but still fighting

By Cao Yin | China Daily | Updated: 2017-07-18 07:02

Free, but still fighting

Nian Bin.

Nian Bin spent eight years on death row after being wrongfully convicted of killing two children with poison in 2006. In August 2014, he was exonerated and freed by an appeals court, which said the evidence produced at his trial had been insufficient to guarantee a lawful conviction.

In February, the Fujian province native stepped back into the spotlight. He submitted a second application for State compensation, asking the public security authorities in Fuzhou, the provincial capital, and Pingtan county, where he lived, to pay 4.12 million yuan for improper use of handcuffs and shackles during his years in prison that left him with permanent injuries.

"The illegal use of these restraints injured my brother, and now he is unable to live a normal life," said Nian Jianlan, Nian Bin's older sister.

She said the application included the cost of Nian's medical treatment since leaving prison, "as well as the money I spent during the past decade to clear his name".

However, on May 26, a medical expert hired by the Fuzhou Public Security Bureau to examine Nian Bin submitted a report in which he claimed the injuries did not exist.

Meanwhile, evidence previously provided by Nian Bin's lawyer outlining the injuries was deemed insufficient.

Now, the family's lawyer is requesting that the provincial high court rehears the application in an attempt to identify whether Nian Bin's injuries are related to the improper use of restraints.

That seems par for the course, given that since his conviction was quashed, his application for State compensation has been far from smooth.

In 2014, he applied for compensation of more than 150 million yuan ($22 million) for the time he spent in prison and the psychological trauma he experienced as a result.

In February 2015, Nian Bin was awarded 1.19 million yuan by the provincial high people's court.

His family refused to accept the decision, and appealed to the Supreme People's Court, China's top judicial chamber.

"Such a sum wouldn't solve our difficulties. Our house in Fujian was destroyed (by relatives of the dead children), and I lost my job because I was busy with my brother's appeal," Nian Jianlan said. "Our family also had debts at the time, so we couldn't even afford daily living expenses."

In January, the top court upheld the original award, saying it was the largest sum the provincial court was able to provide in cases such as Nian Bin's.

However, the court suggested the family should instead apply to the local public security bureau for compensation. Under the State Compensation Law, applicants are allowed to change the target of their applications and new information can be included in the submission.

Editor's picks
Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

Registration Number: 130349
FOLLOW US
 
主站蜘蛛池模板: 亚洲欧美久久精品一区 | 亚洲免费一级片 | 九九在线精品 | 亚洲人免费视频 | 国产亚洲精品aaa大片 | 污美女网站www在线观看 | 91久久香蕉国产线看 | 草草影院视频 | 一区二区三区观看 | 久久久久久久久久久福利观看 | 亚洲欧美国产精品专区久久 | 久久中文字幕综合不卡一二区 | 久热香蕉在线视频 | 99在线在线视频免费视频观看 | 日本欧美韩国一区二区三区 | 日本精品一在线观看视频 | 女人张开腿 让男人桶视频 女人张开腿等男人桶免费视频 | 国产欧美日韩综合精品一区二区三区 | 宅女深夜福利视频在线 | 一区二区三区日韩精品 | 日本美女黄色一级片 | 国产亚洲综合久久 | 国产一区二区三区美女在线观看 | 91久久亚洲最新一本 | 91亚洲国产成人久久精品网站 | 成熟的女性强烈交性视频 | 中文字幕在线看视频一区二区三区 | 真正国产乱子伦高清对白 | a级午夜毛片免费一区二区 a级性生活视频 | 99久久综合给久久精品 | 欧美成人全部免费观看1314色 | 最近中文字幕免费视频 | 草草影院私人免费入口 | 国产黄色三级三级三级 | 老司机久久影院 | 欧美视频一区二区 | 久视频在线观看 | 毛片在线免费播放 | 第四色成人网 | 久草欧美 | 亚洲国产精品日韩在线观看 |