久久亚洲国产成人影院-久久亚洲国产的中文-久久亚洲国产高清-久久亚洲国产精品-亚洲图片偷拍自拍-亚洲图色视频

USEUROPEAFRICAASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
China
Home / China / Society

Wrongfully convicted man is acquitted

By Cao Yin | China Daily | Updated: 2017-12-01 08:22

A man in the Xinjiang Uygur autonomous region who was originally given a death sentence for intentional injury and committing indecent acts with women about 20 years ago, was pronounced not guilty because of insufficient evidence, his lawyer said on Thursday.

Zhou Yuan, from Yining, was detained in 1997 after he was said to have intentionally harmed and committed indecent acts with several females in the area. A year later, he was sentenced to death with a two-year reprieve at the city's intermediate people's court. He was 27 at the time.

After two decades of appeals by the man's family, the regional High People's Court on Thursday cleared Zhou because of unclear facts and insufficient evidence, his lawyer Wang Xing said.

He said the family is preparing to apply for compensation. According to Wang, the judgment said the lower court should not have included evidence that was obtained improperly, and that Zhou had "noted several times that he was tortured during interrogations".

"What's more important is that there was no physical evidence on the scene to prove my client committed the offense," he added.

When the case was retried by the region's high people's court in December 2011, Zhou's sentence was reduced to 15 years. Since he had already been in jail for 14 years, he was released about half a year later.

In July 2013, the Supreme People's Court ordered the regional high people's court to hear the case again after reviewing the ruling.

"I came to the prosecutors and courts to correct the mistake, as I've always believed my son was innocent," Beijing News quoted his mother, Li Bizhen, as saying. "Now that my child's convictions have been cleared, I won't appeal again."

Zhou's case is similar to another high-profile wrongful conviction, which was corrected by the top court in Shenyang, Liaoning province, last year.

On Dec 2, Nie Shubin, from Hebei province, was found not guilty of the rape and murder of a woman because of unclear facts and insufficient evidence. Nie was executed in 1995 at the age of 21.

Since late 2012, when China pushed forward judicial reforms in which it highlighted protection of human rights, the top court said, 37 wrongful convictions have been overturned. Chinese courts also acquitted 4,032 defendants, in line with the law between 2013 and September this year.

caoyin@chinadaily.com.cn

Editor's picks
Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

Registration Number: 130349
FOLLOW US
 
主站蜘蛛池模板: xxxxx性欧美 xxxx肥婆性bbbb欧美 | 欧美日韩在线观看一区 | 国产人成亚洲第一网站在线播放 | 国产亚洲精品yxsp | 久久久一区二区三区 | 亚洲日产2021三区 | 日韩免费专区 | 日韩亚洲欧美一区 | 99re免费99re在线视频手机版 | 国内精品一区二区在线观看 | 成人黄色在线网站 | 日韩欧美毛片免费看播放 | 天堂亚洲网 | 日本三级香港三级妇三 | 欧美aaaa在线观看视频免费 | 91精品久久一区二区三区 | 一区一精品 | 亚洲爽爽 | 亚洲精品一区二区在线观看 | 久久精品国产一区二区三区 | www.亚洲国产 | 亚洲欧美日韩精品久久亚洲区色播 | 99久久国产综合精品国 | 亚洲男人天堂久久 | 奇米色88欧美一区二区 | avav男人天堂 | 日本草草影院 | 在线播放成人高清免费视频 | 99热久久精品国产 | 欧美一级看片免费观看视频在线 | 久久久久日韩精品无 | 国内精品久久久久影院亚洲 | 亚洲影院在线 | 一级一片免费看 | 色婷婷91 | 2019天天操天天干天天透 | 日本不卡免费高清一级视频 | 国产精品久久久久久久久久久不卡 | 中国japanesevideo乱| 日韩视频在线观看一区 | 日韩一级视频 |