久久亚洲国产成人影院-久久亚洲国产的中文-久久亚洲国产高清-久久亚洲国产精品-亚洲图片偷拍自拍-亚洲图色视频

USEUROPEAFRICAASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
Home / World

'Very high' probability of DPRK missile launch

By Agencies in Seoul and Washington | China Daily | Updated: 2013-04-11 08:02

 'Very high' probability of DPRK missile launch

An ROK honor guard marches at a war museum in Seoul on Wednesday. ROK and US forces raised their alert status to "vital threat" ahead of an expected DPRK missile test. Kim Jae-Hwan / Agence France-Presse

'Very high' probability of DPRK missile launch

Seoul increases surveillance as Pyongyang moves armaments

Seoul said on Wednesday there was a "very high" probability that Pyongyang, following weeks of war threats, would launch a medium-range missile at any time as a show of strength despite diplomatic efforts to soften its position.

Foreign Minister Yun Byung-se said the Republic of Korea had asked China and Russia to intercede with the Democratic People's Republic of Korea to ease tension that has mounted since the UN Security Council imposed new sanctions on Pyongyang after its third nuclear arms test in February.

But all was calm in the ROK capital, Seoul. Office work continued normally and customers crowded into city-center cafes.

Other officials in Seoul said surveillance of DPRK activity had been enhanced. Missile transporters had been spotted in South Hamgyong province along the DPRK's east coast - a possible site for a launch.

The DPRK observes several anniversaries in the next few days that could be pretexts for displays of military strength. These include the first anniversary of its leader Kim Jong-un's formal ascent to power, the 20th anniversary of rule by his father, Kim Jong-il, who died in 2011, and the anniversary, on Monday, of the birth of the Kim's grandfather, state founder Kim Il-sung.

The near-daily threats to the ROK and the United States of recent weeks were muted in the DPRK's state media on Wednesday, with the focus largely on the upcoming festivities.

State television showed mass gatherings, including women in traditional flowing robes, listening to addresses, laying flowers at monuments and taking part in a culinary competition.

The KCNA news agency said people were "doing their best to decorate cities".

In Washington, Admiral Samuel Locklear, the commander of US forces in the Pacific region, said the US military believed Pyongyang had moved an unspecified number of Musudan missiles to its east coast.

The trajectory of the missiles, if launched, is unclear as the DPRK has failed to inform international bodies - as it did in previous instances - of the path they are expected to take.

The Musudan has a range of 3,500 km, according to Seoul, which would put Japan within range and may threaten Guam, home to US bases.

ROK Foreign Minister Yun told a parliamentary hearing: "According to intelligence, the possibility of a missile launch by North Korea is very high."

Pyongyang, he said, could launch a Musudan missile "at any time from now".

The ROK-US Combined Forces Command raised its "Watchcon" status from 3 to 2 to reflect indications of a "vital threat", ROK news agency Yonhap said, citing a senior military official.

"Watchcon" 4 is in effect during normal peacetime, while "Watchcon" 3 reflects indications of an important threat. "Watchcon" 1 is used in wartime.

Yonhap also reported that Seoul, which has not joined a US-led global missile defense system, was planning to develop a system of its own. It quoted an unidentified senior military official as saying this would involve early warning radars, ship-to-air and land-based systems, to be used in conjunction with US early warning satellites.

Patricia Lewis, research director at the London-based Chatham House think tank, said: "Any incursion could escalate involving the US and Japan, China, perhaps Russia and others."

Wang Junsheng, a researcher on East Asia studies with the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, said the possibility of a war initiated by the DPRK is not high, because Pyongyang would rather create a tense atmosphere on the Korean Peninsula.

"If a country really wants to start a war, it usually will not tell the experts and diplomats to evaluate it in advance, so it is a psychological and propaganda tactic of the DPRK", said Wang.

China Daily-Reuters-AFP

(China Daily 04/11/2013 page12)

Today's Top News

Editor's picks

Most Viewed

Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

Registration Number: 130349
FOLLOW US
主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产自在自线午夜精品视频在 | 在线观看亚洲精品专区 | 亚洲高清一区二区三区四区 | 欧美三级欧美一级 | 亚洲午夜综合网 | 日本一区二区三区在线 视频观看免费 | 毛片a级三毛片免费播放 | 女人张开双腿让男人桶完整 | 久久成人小视频 | 日本韩国三级在线 | 成人网视频免费播放 | 香港aa三级久久三级 | 日本在线理论片 | 黄色在线视屏 | 亚洲视频在线免费播放 | 欧美精品免费在线 | 国产精品日本一区二区在线播放 | 久久精品视频1 | 99视频在线永久免费观看 | 久久精品二区 | 国产精品久久久亚洲 | 一区二区三区免费视频播放器 | 欧美视频一区二区三区精品 | 九九久久精品 | 亚洲综合久 | 欧美乱爱 | 欧美手机在线视频 | 一级a做爰片欧欧美毛片4 | 日韩欧美国产精品第一页不卡 | 日韩美女免费视频 | 三级高清| 国产第一福利影院 | 成人免费网站久久久 | 精品国产一区二区三区不卡蜜臂 | 亚洲欧美国产高清va在线播放 | 日韩精品免费视频 | 免费91最新地址永久入口 | 亚洲成a人片在线v观看 | 六月丁香婷婷天天在线 | 国产日韩欧美另类 | 国产黄三级三·级三级 |