久久亚洲国产成人影院-久久亚洲国产的中文-久久亚洲国产高清-久久亚洲国产精品-亚洲图片偷拍自拍-亚洲图色视频

USEUROPEAFRICAASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
Home / World

Saudi Arabia bombs Shiite stronghold

By Agencies in Sanaa | China Daily | Updated: 2015-03-28 08:12

Pakistan considers whether to support multination coalition

Saudi Arabia bombed the northern stronghold of Yemen's Shiite rebels and other key military installations on Friday as a coalition led by the Gulf kingdom carried out air-strikes for a second day.

The military action is turning impoverished and chaotic Yemen into a new front in the rivalry between Sunni heavyweight Saudi Arabia and Shiite power Iran, which supports the rebels known as Houthis.

Heavy airstrikes early on Friday targeted Saada, the stronghold of the Houthis, focusing on locations where rebel leader Abdul-Malik al-Houthi might be, military officials said. Saudi warplanes also bombed the al-Sana army camp in the Arhab region northeast of Sanaa, run by commanders loyal to former President Ali Abdullah Saleh.

The military official said other strikes targeted army camps outside Sanaa in al-Dhale and Lahj provinces, including al-Annad base, where about 100 US military advisers had been based but were forced to withdraw last weekend due to deteriorating security conditions.

The military officials spoke on condition of anonymity as they were not authorized to brief reporters.

Also on Friday, Pakistan's defense minister said his country has made no decision on whether to give military support to the Saudi-led coalition in Yemen. Khawaja Asif said Pakistan will defend Saudi Arabia against any threat to its solidarity.

Pakistan's Foreign Office said on Thursday it was considering are quest from Saudi Arabia to send troops to Yemen.

"We have made no decision to participate in this war. We didn't make any promise. We have not promised any military support to the Saudi-led coalition in Yemen," Asif told parliament.

In the Yemeni capital of Sanaa, heavy airstrikes came in waves throughout the night. Explosions rocked the city and anti-aircraft guns were heard returning fire. At least 18 civilians, including six children, have been killed, and the casualty count was expected to rise.

Saudi Arabia and fellow Sunni-led allies in the Gulf and the Middle East view the Houthi takeover as an attempt by Iran to establish a proxy on the kingdom's southern border. Iran and the Houthis deny that Teheran arms the rebel movement, though it says it provides diplomatic and humanitarian support.

Iran has denounced the Saudi-led air campaign, saying it "considers this action a dangerous step".

Yemen's US-backed president, Abed-Rabbo Mansour Hadi, was in Saudi Arabia's capital of Riyadh after he fled the country by boat on Wednesday.

Rebel leader al-Houthi has accused the United States, Saudi Arabia and Israel of launching a "criminal, unjust, brutal and sinful" campaign aimed at invading andoccupying Yemen.

White House spokesman Eric Schultz told reporters that US President Barack Obama had authorized logistical and intelligence support for the strikes, but that the US is not participating in direct military action.

In the air assault codenamed "Operation Decisive Storm", Saudi Arabia deployed about 100 fighter jets, 150,000 soldiers and navy units, Saudi-owned Al-Arabiya TV reported. Also involved were aircraft from the United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, Qatar, Kuwait, Jordan, Morocco, Sudan and Egypt, though it was not clear which carried out actual strikes.

AP - Reuters

Saudi Arabia bombs Shiite stronghold

(China Daily 03/28/2015 page11)

Today's Top News

Editor's picks

Most Viewed

Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

Registration Number: 130349
FOLLOW US
主站蜘蛛池模板: 美女视频在线观看黄 | 亚洲欧美久久精品1区2区 | 欧美精品综合一区二区三区 | 成人午夜视频在线观看 | 日本aaa视频| 福利91| 欧美精品色视频 | 在线观看一二三区 | 99精品免费| 毛片图片 | 19+韩国主播青草vip视频 | 亚洲自拍图片区 | 在线视频观看一区 | 韩国精品一区二区三区四区五区 | 国产毛片在线高清视频 | 国产香蕉久久 | 欧美日韩日本国产 | 91理论片| 深夜福利国产福利视频 | 福利视频99 | 黄视频在线免费 | 涩涩国产精品福利在线观看 | 91年精品国产福利线观看久久 | 成人影院久久久久久影院 | 国产精品亚洲高清一区二区 | 亚洲综合天堂 | 国产黄色大片网站 | 韩国三级日本三级香港三级黄 | 免费国产a国产片高清不卡 免费国产不卡午夜福在线 免费国产不卡午夜福在线观看 | 欧美日韩国产高清一区二区三区 | 久久伊人成人网 | 亚洲第3页| 理论片我不卡在线观看 | 亚洲精品一区二区三区 | 国产深夜福利视频网站在线观看 | 欧美多人三级级视频播放 | 玖草在线资源 | 欧美一级鲁丝片 | 国产成人微拍精品 | 成人三级做爰在线视频 | 男人天堂视频网站 |