久久亚洲国产成人影院-久久亚洲国产的中文-久久亚洲国产高清-久久亚洲国产精品-亚洲图片偷拍自拍-亚洲图色视频

Byass delay may affect plans to relieve traffic congestion

Updated: 2015-09-18 09:03

By Kahon Chan in Hong Kong(HK Edition)

  Print Mail Large Medium  Small 分享按鈕 0

A half-year delay of a bypass highway to divert traffic away from the heart of Hong Kong Island will likely hold up three initiatives which could make traveling quicker. These include the city's fourth cross-harbor railway line and the long-delayed road charging scheme.

Reclamation for the Central-Wan Chai Bypass has been halted for about six months since last December. This is after contractors discovered a "large metal object" which appeared to be part of a shipwreck. Historians believe it could be the HMS Tamar which was scuttled before the Japanese occupation.

The delay has since held up completion of tunnel works until mid-2017. The Highways Department on Sept 15 confirmed contractors will not finish paving the road and installing systems before the end of 2017. This means the new bypass will miss the original commissioning date of the end of 2017. A new date has not yet been decided.

The shipwreck might only be part of the reason - according to documents provided by the Transport and Housing Bureau to the Legislative Council in March. Contractors working on the bypass had already informed builders of the Shatin to Central Link last December that handing over key sites could be delayed by six months.

The harbor-crossing commuter railway will allow commuters from Sha Tin to arrive in Admiralty via a single ride. The line will also expand the reach of the MTR to Kowloon City and To Kwa Wan. These are dense neighborhoods in Kowloon which still depend on buses for mass transit.

A spokesperson for the MTR Corporation, which will operate the rail link, told China Daily that they were not able to fully assess the impact until departments provided further details.

Former rail boss and lawmaker heading the panel on transport, Michael Tien Puk-sun, said he was worried the new rail link would miss the 2021 deadline owing to these delays.

The underwater rail between Hung Hom and Wan Chai will go under the underground highway; but the bypass has been the main thing delaying the rail project's progress. A court challenge of the bypass shifted the beginning of service from 2019 to 2020. A delay of the work-site transfer has further held up the rail launch until 2021.

Hung Wing-tat, a transport engineering expert at the Hong Kong Polytechnic University, said contractors might not be able to start working immediately after transfer of the site. Indeed, site surveying and preparations could result in last-minute design changes and add further delays to the timeline.

Tien said rail passengers might also be frustrated when new rail lines feed extra commuters into existing, overloading transit bottlenecks such as Kowloon Tong and Tsim Sha Tsui. "They may find out in the end that they are better off sticking to buses," he said.

The Tsuen Wan Line will receive commuters from Hung Hom from late 2016 when an extension of the Kwun Tong Line opens. The Shatin to Central Link will likely put further stress on the Tsuen Wan Line by 2019. The harbor-crossing section of the Tsuen Wan Line was already running at 98 percent capacity in late 2013.

Those who plan to get off trains in Hung Hom and cross the harbor by road may find this is not so easy.

Byass delay may affect plans to relieve traffic congestion

But the government believes the island bypass is an opportunity to develop new initiatives to relieve road traffic on both sides of the harbor.

However, the government disappointed motorists in 2014 when it shelved a plan to evenly distribute road traffic across three cross-harbor tunnels. They will be re-examining options after commissioning the island bypass. This is because the new road will help divert traffic to the Western Harbour Tunnel without bringing Central to a standstill.

The bypass will begin service the same year the government resumes direct control of the Eastern Harbour Crossing.

Tien believes the government may consider taking control of the tunnel after 2017. That is if traffic plans are affected by the bypass delay.

In 2015, in response to a renewed push by the Transport Advisory Committee for electronic road pricing in the Central district, the government said the bypass was an essential alternative route for motorists in order to avoid being charged in Central.

A feasibility study released over 14 years ago estimated it could take five to six years to launch a road pricing scheme. This includes a public consultation. The government had announced a plan in May to commence public engagement within this year. A statement provided by the Transport Department did not provide any update. Moreover, it did not comment on the impact of the bypass delay.

kahon@chinadailyhk.com

(HK Edition 09/18/2015 page7)

主站蜘蛛池模板: 日本a级三级三级三级久久 日本a级特黄三级三级三级 | 免费在线亚洲视频 | 国产国语高清在线视频二区 | a黄视频| 欧美精品国产一区二区三区 | 中文字幕第9页 | 国产黄色免费网站 | 俄罗斯三级毛片 | 波多野结衣福利视频 | a毛片免费全部在线播放毛 a毛片免费视频 | 欧美视频在线观看免费精品欧美视频 | 国产成人高清亚洲一区91 | 99久久精品国产一区二区成人 | 毛片免费在线播放 | 亚洲精品免费在线 | 国产女王女m视频vk 国产女王丨vk | a级毛片毛片免费观看久潮喷 | 一级一级一片免费 | 亚洲欧美国产精品 | 国产网站在线看 | 美国毛片毛片全部免费 | 亚洲欧美日韩国产精品一区 | 日本一级特黄a大片 | 午夜性色福利视频在线视频 | 国产欧美日韩在线观看一区二区三区 | 亚洲第一成年免费网站 | 中国女人毛茸茸免费视频 | 久久久久久久国产精品毛片 | 久色tv| 在线精品视频在线观看高清 | 真人一级毛片全部免 | 欧美三级一区 | 黑人特黄aa毛片 | 精品国产一区二区三区2021 | 国产萌白酱在线一区二区 | 欧洲国产伦久久久久久久 | 日韩精品麻豆 | 国产v片成人影院在线观看 国产v片在线播放免费观 | 91看片淫黄大片.在线天堂 | 国产麻豆入在线观看 | 国产高清一区二区三区免费视频 |