久久亚洲国产成人影院-久久亚洲国产的中文-久久亚洲国产高清-久久亚洲国产精品-亚洲图片偷拍自拍-亚洲图色视频

USEUROPEAFRICAASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
China
Home / China / China

Nuclear plant scrapped

By Qiu Quanlin in Guangzhou | China Daily | Updated: 2013-07-14 08:03

Guangdong officials cancel plans for fuel facility after public outcry

A planned facility to process nuclear fuel in Jiangmen of Guangdong province has been canceled, following opposition by a majority of residents, the local government said on Saturday.

The 229-hectare Longwan Industrial Park project, which had been scheduled in Heshan, a county-level city in Jiangmen of the Pearl River Delta region, would have featured facilities for uranium conversion, enrichment and manufacturing of nuclear fuel equipment, sources with the government said.

However, the project has met criticism from local residents since authorities publicized a risk-stability assessment report about the industrial park on July 4.

Many residents "took a walk" on streets in protest against the project on Friday, holding banners and wearing T-shirts with slogans calling to halt construction of the planned facility, Xinhua News Agency reported.

"We pay respect to the residents' opinion and will not apply for approval for the project," Wu Yuxiong, mayor of Heshan, said at the news conference on Saturday.

The project was owned by China National Nuclear Corporation, the main body of the national nuclear technology industry. The company did not comment on Saturday about the suspension.

The project, the first industrial park planned in South China for nuclear fuel production, was designed with an investment of up to 37 billion yuan ($6.02 billion).

It would have supplied power plants in Guangdong and neighboring Fujian province, with designed capacity of 1,000 tons of uranium in 2020.

Protestors said they were upset because the planned site is only 30 kilometers away from the heart of the city.

"We don't need such a project to boost the economy. Instead, we need a healthy living environment," said a resident surnamed Huang.

The cancellation of the plant came after China shook off concerns over nuclear safety after the Fukushima disaster in Japan, and announced plans to increase the installed nuclear power generation capacity in the following years.

China's electricity generated by nuclear power plants accounted for only 1.2 percent of the total electricity in 2012, sources told Xinhua. The plan has been to increase that to 5 percent by 2020.

Contact the writer at qiuquanlin@chinadaily.com.cn.

 

Editor's picks
Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

Registration Number: 130349
FOLLOW US
主站蜘蛛池模板: 欧美极品欧美精品欧美视频 | 日本三级网站 | 免费日韩一级片 | 男人都懂的网址在线看片 | 亚洲资源在线观看 | 亚洲国产精品67194成人 | 国产欧美日韩在线人成aaaa | 91国在线高清视频 | 国产一级免费片 | a毛片免费观看完整 | 成人做爰网站免费看 | 国产精品成人影院 | 在线免费观看色 | 欧美成人aa| 99久久99久久精品免费看子伦 | 亚洲精品一区二区久久这里 | 欧美日韩亚洲精品一区 | 久久色视频在线观看 | 国产精品一区二区免费 | 另类一区二区三区 | 亚洲精品国产成人7777 | 亚洲国产天堂久久综合图区 | 国产成人一区二区三区在线视频 | 久久爽久久爽久久免费观看 | 三级毛片网 | 三级三级三级网站网址 | 情侣自拍啪啪 | 18免费网站 | 一级做a爰片性色毛片视频图片 | 在线视频一二三区 | 国内精品久久久久久久星辰影视 | 成人爱爱网站在线观看 | 碰碰碰精品视频在线观看 | 成年男女的免费视频网站 | 99久久国产免费 - 99久久国产免费 | 午夜美女影院 | 久久在线视频播放 | 国产精品视频久久久久久 | 亚洲一区视频在线 | 97在线国产视频 | 亚洲在线免费观看 |