久久亚洲国产成人影院-久久亚洲国产的中文-久久亚洲国产高清-久久亚洲国产精品-亚洲图片偷拍自拍-亚洲图色视频

USEUROPEAFRICAASIA 中文雙語(yǔ)Fran?ais
China
Home / China / Top Stories

Ex-tycoon Liu Han stands trial on gang crime charges

By An Baijie in Xianning, Hubei | China Daily | Updated: 2014-04-01 07:15

36 defendants face series of allegations at seven courts

A former mining tycoon accused of leading a massive mafia-style criminal group stood trial on Monday on multiple charges, including murder.

Liu Han, former chairman of the Hanlong Group, the biggest private enterprise in Sichuan province, and 35 other alleged gang members faced trial at seven courts in Xianning, Hubei province.

Prosecutors accuse the defendants of murdering nine people, five of them shot dead.

Liu, 49, owned tens of subsidiary companies involved in electricity, energy, finance, mining, real estate and securities. Their assets totaled 40 billion yuan ($6.4 billion).

According to prosecutors from Xianning People's Procuratorate, gang members carried out criminal activities from 1993, mainly in Sichuan province.

The defendants are charged with offences including organizing, leading and taking part in a mafia-style gang, homicide, intentional injury, illegal detention, blackmail, illegally possessing guns and ammunition, collusion in bidding and defrauding banks of loans.

When the alleged gang was busted last year, police confiscated three grenades, 20 guns, 677 bullets, 2,163 shotgun cartridges and more than 100 knives.

The defendants include three former government officials charged with accepting bribes and tolerating gangsters. They are Liu Xuejun, a former political commissar in the city of Deyang's public security bureau; Lyu Bin, former director of the bureau's finance department; and Liu Zhongwei, former deputy chief of Shifang People's Procuratorate.

As the cases are complicated, 21 prosecutors were in attendance, Zhang Xiaowu, spokesman for Xianning Intermediate People's Court, said on Monday.

Zhang said 47 defense lawyers met with the defendants before the hearings opened.

"The suspects' basic legal rights have been guaranteed," he said at a news briefing.

Thirty-three family members of the defendants, 64 media representatives and 427 people from all walks of life attended the hearings, Zhang said.

Liu Han's case attracted public attention following an afternoon shooting spree in January 2009 in which three people were shot dead at an open-air teahouse in Guanghan, Sichuan province.

Two suspects, Yuan Shaolin and Zhang Donghua, were soon captured and they said that Liu Wei, Liu Han's younger brother, hired them to kill the three, who were business rivals. Police said they later found that Liu Han had given Liu Wei millions of yuan to help him escape. Yuan and Zhang are among the 36 defendants standing trial.

In another case, one of Liu Han's companies became involved in a real estate development project in Mianyang, Sichuan, in 1998. After a confrontation with villagers over demolition compensation, Tang Xianbing, a security guard with Liu Han's company, stabbed and killed Xiong Wei, leader of the protesters. Tang later confessed to prosecutors.

"Nothing happened to me after the killing, and that made me bolder and more unscrupulous," Tang said in his confession, according to a CCTV report.

"I would do anything for the company, even murder. I no longer felt any fear."

Known for his philanthropy, Liu Han was elected a political adviser in Sichuan province three consecutive times, and he has more than 20 honorary titles.

His best known charitable act is the building of a rural elementary school complex that withstood the devastating 2008 Sichuan earthquake.

Zhang Qingsong, Liu Han's defense lawyer, said Liu Han has faced great mental pressure since being charged, Beijing Times reported.

Prosecutors and lawyers have differing opinions on some of the charges, and the lawyers will address these in court, he told the newspaper.

The cases will continue to be heard on Tuesday.

Xinhua contributed to this story.

anbaijie@chinadaily.com.cn

 

Editor's picks
Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

Registration Number: 130349
FOLLOW US
主站蜘蛛池模板: 91亚洲精品一区二区福利 | 成年女人毛片免费视频 | 国产高清一区二区三区 | 亚洲综合成人在线 | 日韩一级a毛片欧美区 | 在线成人a毛片免费播放 | 波多野结衣视频在线观看 | 一个色综合久久 | 九热视频在线观看 | 成年美女黄网站小视频 | 久久久久久久国产视频 | 日韩毛毛片 | 黄色天堂在线 | 看全黄男人和女人视频 | 手机在线观看亚洲国产精品 | 宅男69免费永久网站 | 久章草在线 | 欧美国产精品不卡在线观看 | 91精品全国免费观看 | 欧洲成人全免费视频网站 | 国产亚洲精品久久综合影院 | 国产精品拍拍拍福利在线观看 | 欧美亚洲另类在线 | 国产午夜三区视频在线 | 玖玖在线国产精品 | 国产精品所毛片视频 | 国产精品久久久久久久久久免费 | 国产欧美一区二区三区在线看 | 欧美日韩精品一区二区视频在线观看 | 日韩美女网站 | 玖草在线视频 | 日韩欧美视频一区二区三区 | 午夜影院在线免费 | 精品伊人久久久久7777人 | 一区精品视频 | 欧美精品hdvdeosex4k | 在线欧美国产 | 久草在线青青草 | 久草在线最新视频 | 永久免费91桃色福利 | 久久国产美女免费观看精品 |