久久亚洲国产成人影院-久久亚洲国产的中文-久久亚洲国产高清-久久亚洲国产精品-亚洲图片偷拍自拍-亚洲图色视频

USEUROPEAFRICAASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
China
Home / China / Sports

Firing Federer is in a New York state of mind

By Agence France-Presse in New York | China Daily | Updated: 2014-08-25 07:18

Roger Federer hopes to mark the 10th anniversary of his first US Open title with a sixth triumph in New York and become the oldest Grand Slam champion in more than 40 years.

In an astonishing reversal of fortunes, the 33-year-old, written off as a relic of the game when he slipped to a fourth-round loss to Tommy Robredo 12 months ago, finds himself perfectly positioned to win a staggering 18th major.

Buoyed by claiming a sixth Cincinnati title - his 80th career crown - and with long-time rival Rafael Nadal again sidelined with injury, the Swiss is relishing the twilight of his career.

His last-16 loss to Robredo in 2013 in New York meant it was the first year since 2002 that he had failed to make a Grand Slam final. The defeat also marked the first time in 10 years he had not made at least the last-eight at Flushing Meadows.

Suddenly, his five consecutive US Open titles from 2004-2008 appeared a detail in history and his 17th and most recent major success - the 2012 Wimbledon title - looked certain to be his last.

But the Swiss never doubted his ability to remain a force in the sport and he goes into his 15th US Open with his unwavering confidence justified.

There were hints of a revival at Wimbledon in July where he was defeated in five sets by world No 1 Novak Djokovic.

Since then, he has been runner-up at Toronto and champion in Cincinnati and the problems of 2013, when he was hampered by a back injury, are now distant memories.

"I was scared to have another setback and so it was just not as clear-cut and simple as it is this year," said second-seeded Federer, who faces Australia's Marinko Matosevic in the first round of what will be his 64th consecutive Grand Slam.

"This year I played a lot of good matches. Not just Toronto and Cincinnati, but really from the first week on I have always played really nice tennis.

"You almost forget how to lose a point and confidence rises. You're back to winning ways again and everything seems so simple. I'm looking forward to this tournament because I really feel like I can play a great tournament. I hope I can show that on the court this year."

Djokovic, the 2011 champion and who has featured in the past four finals, heads into the US Open with dispiriting third-round losses in Toronto and Cincinnati.

The 27-year-old Serb, recently married, has also had to bat back accusations that he is distracted by impending fatherhood.

"I wanted to do better in Canada and Cincinnati. Unfortunately, I wasn't even close to my best. But, you know, a lot of things happened in the last two months and it was very emotional period," said Djokovic, who plays Argentina's Diego Schwartzman in Monday's first round.

"I just felt a little bit flat on the court. I wasn't managing to find that intensity and the perfect mindset."

Despite recent hiccups, Djokovic's record at all the majors is impressive - the last time he failed to make at least the quarterfinals of a Grand Slam was at the 2009 French Open.

The odds on Djokovic and Federer meeting in the Sept 8 final were shortened when defending champion Nadal was forced to withdraw with a right wrist injury.

Andy Murray, the 2012 champion, has not reached a final of any description since his historic 2013 Wimbledon triumph.

Now down at nine in the world, the 27-year-old has not got beyond the quarterfinals of any tournament since his morale-sapping semifinal loss to Nadal at the French Open where the Spaniard allowed him just six games.

"This year would be the best prepared I have been coming into a Slam. I got a great training block over in Miami done, so physically I'm where I would want to be. My body is pain free, which is good," said Murray, whose first-round foe is Robin Haase of the Netherlands.

With 2009 champion Juan Martin del Potro still sidelined by injury, the much-vaunted next generation will get another opportunity to shine.

But they remain works in progress.

Canada's Milos Raonic, the world No 6, was a semifinalist at Wimbledon and Cincinnati, where he was swept aside in straight sets on both occasions by Federer.

Fellow 23-year-old Grigor Dimitrov, the world No 8, has three titles to his name in 2014 but lost out to Djokovic in the Wimbledon semifinals.

Editor's picks
Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

Registration Number: 130349
FOLLOW US
主站蜘蛛池模板: 久久精品国产精品亚洲艾 | 有码视频在线观看 | 香港全黄一级毛片在线播放 | 一本久久道 | 久久国产夜色精品噜噜亚洲a | 澳门一级毛片手机在线看 | 国产在线拍揄自揄视精品不卡 | 在线永久免费观看黄网站 | 久久99国产精品免费观看 | 亚洲精品91香蕉综合区 | 欧美在线观看不卡 | 国产一级内谢a级高清毛片 国产一级片毛片 | 久久精品视频免费 | 国产亚洲一区二区三区 | 亚洲欧洲一级 | 成人污网站 | 怡红院在线观看视频 | 成人免费观看国产高清 | 在线观看日本免费视频大片一区 | 日本aaaa特级毛片 | 欧美一区永久视频免费观看 | 欧美一级毛片欧美一级成人毛片 | 国产片在线观看狂喷潮bt天堂 | 韩国三级日本三级香港三级黄 | 欧美一级成人影院免费的 | 久久99精品久久久久久 | 欧美一级级a在线观看 | 亚洲欧美中文字幕在线网站 | 色综合在 | 国产一区亚洲二区三区毛片 | 中国欧美一级毛片免费 | 日本免费高清一区 | 免费看一级欧美激情毛片 | 在线看片日本 | 久草草视频在线观看免费高清 | 蕾丝视频永久在线入口香蕉 | 亚洲成人免费在线视频 | 欧美精品99 | 网禁呦萝资源网站在线观看 | 波多野在线视频 | 美女久草 |