久久亚洲国产成人影院-久久亚洲国产的中文-久久亚洲国产高清-久久亚洲国产精品-亚洲图片偷拍自拍-亚洲图色视频

US EUROPE AFRICA ASIA 中文
China / Sports

Ronaldo says he has nothing to hide

(China Daily) Updated: 2017-08-02 07:53

Madrid megastar denies owing millions on unreported income

MADRID - Real Madrid forward Cristiano Ronaldo denied hiding millions of dollars in income at a court hearing near the Spanish capital on Monday, where he was charged with tax evasion.

The Portuguese - the world's highest paid athlete, according to Forbes magazine - is the latest soccer star to fall foul of Spain's taxman.

He follows in the footsteps of his archrival, Barcelona forward Lionel Messi, who was found guilty of the same offense last year.

"I have never hidden anything, nor have I had the intention of evading taxes," Ronaldo, 32, told the court, according to a statement from his representatives, Gestifute.

"I always voluntarily file my tax returns because I think we all must file a return and pay taxes according to our income. Those that know me, know what I ask my advisers: that they have everything up to date and properly paid, because I don't want problems."

Accused of having evaded $17.3 million in tax, he entered and left the court in Pozuelo de Alarcon, a wealthy suburb of Madrid where he lives, via an underground garage to avoid the media.

Prosecutors allege he took "advantage of a company structure created in 2010 to hide income generated in Spain from his image rights from tax authorities".

They say this was a "voluntary and conscious breach of his fiscal obligations in Spain".

The four-time Ballon d'Or winner is accused of evading tax via a shell company based in the British Virgin Islands and another in Ireland, which has a low corporate tax rate.

In addition, prosecutors say he only declared $13.6 million of income from 2011 to 2014, having really earned $51 million.

They also accuse him of "voluntarily" refusing to include $34 million in income linked to the sale of his image rights to a Spanish company.

'Legitimate'

Ronaldo told the court he did not create a "special structure" to manage his image rights when he moved to Real in 2009 but simply maintained the one set up in 2004 while he was at Manchester United "long before I thought of coming to Spain".

This structure had been deemed "legal and legitimate" by the British tax office.

When news of the charges initially broke, Real's all-time top scorer reportedly threatened to leave Spain over the case.

He has since decided to stay on, according to Real coach Zinedine Zidane, although it appeared his suitors simply could not afford Ronaldo. Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho, for one, described a potential Ronaldo return to Old Trafford as "mission impossible".

If he were put on trial and found guilty, Ronaldo would risk "a fine of at least $33 million" and could be jailed for three and a half years, the Gestha union of experts at Spain's Inland Revenue has said.

Since extending his contract last year until 2021, Ronaldo is the highest paid sports star in the world with $93 million earned in 2016-2017, according to Forbes.

Ronaldo is not the only soccer star to fall foul of authorities in Spain, which is only just recovering from a damaging economic crisis that saw countless people lose their jobs and inequalities rise.

Messi was sentenced to a 21-month jail sentence and a fine of $2.4 million fine last year for tax fraud.

His prison sentence has since been replaced by another fine of $2.09 million.

Barcelona's Argentine defender Javier Mascherano agreed a one-year suspended sentence with authorities for tax fraud last year.

Brazil star Neymar, another Barcelona forward, and his parents are also due to stand trial for alleged corruption over his transfer from Santos in 2013.

Real have not been spared either.

Apart from Ronaldo, former player Angel di Maria, Portuguese defender Fabio Coentrao and Mourinho, who coached the club from 2010 to 2013, have all been accused of tax fraud.

All are clients of superagent Jorge Mendes, who was also questioned and put under official investigation last month by a Spanish court investigating alleged tax evasion by Monaco's former Atletico Madrid striker Radamel Falcao, another player in his stable.

Agence France-Presse

Highlights
Hot Topics

...
主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产日本欧美高清免费区 | www.成人网 | 精品国产成人高清在线 | 国产一级特黄aaa大片 | 和老外3p爽粗大免费视频 | 一区二区三区在线播放视频 | 偷偷操不一样的久久 | 精品国产日韩亚洲一区在线 | 成人精品在线 | 日韩专区亚洲精品欧美专区 | 成年人在线免费网站 | 香蕉香蕉国产片一级一级毛片 | 国产精品99久久久 | 国产精品无码久久久久 | a黄毛片| 免费一级a毛片免费观看欧美大片 | 亚洲视频在线观看免费 | 欧美精品一区二区三区视频 | 美女va| 91成人免费版 | 亚洲欧美日韩在线一区二区三区 | 92手机看片福利永久国产 | 亚洲天堂久久精品 | 在线免费观看一区二区三区 | 欧美在线一区二区三区不卡 | 最新更新国内自拍视频 | 成人久久影院 | 精品日韩欧美一区二区三区 | 亚洲高清在线播放 | 久草3| 一级片a级片 | 国产高清自拍一区 | 一区二区在线欧美日韩中文 | 成人午夜免费视频毛片 | 欧美人成在线观看ccc36 | 国产成人免费福利网站 | 日本aa级片 | 免看一级a一片成人123 | 中文字幕日本一区波多野不卡 | 亚洲人成人毛片无遮挡 | 99久久精品毛片免费播放 |