久久亚洲国产成人影院-久久亚洲国产的中文-久久亚洲国产高清-久久亚洲国产精品-亚洲图片偷拍自拍-亚洲图色视频

US EUROPE AFRICA ASIA 中文
Opinion / Zhu Ping

The threat of 'zombie meat' scandal

By Zhu Ping (chinadaily.com.cn) Updated: 2015-07-14 10:07

The threat of 'zombie meat' scandal

A warehouse storing smuggled frozen meat has been seized in Shenzhou, South China's Guangdong province in this file photo. Photo taken on April 15, 2015. [Photo/IC]

The “zombie meat” scandal has transformed into war of words between two journalists and their followers on the Internet. Beijing-based technology journalist Hong Guangyu cast doubts on a previous Xinhua report that said customs officials in the Guangxi Zhuang autonomous region had seized smuggled frozen meat, some of which was up to 40 years old. After calling four officials, Hong challenged the details of the “zombie meat” story. Xinhua journalist Li Dan responded by claiming his report was authentic without saying how old the seized consignment of meat was.

Given the controversy, the two journalists have to give some clear answers to the people.

Both journalists and the netizens who have joined the debate agree on the significance of food safety, because the expired smuggled frozen meat posed a threat to people’s health.

For long, Chinese consumers have been voicing concern over food scandals — from expired food products and gutter oil to poisoned rice. On the one hand, this indicates rising public awareness of health issues. On the other, this shows how arduous the authorities’ task of tackling the food safety problem is.

But the smuggled frozen meat scandal should prompt the authorities into action. They can no longer afford to keep silent or just send out paradoxical signals on whether the meat had been frozen since the 1970s or 1980s. Hong’s question is not groundless: How could the smugglers have stored the expired meat for such a long time at such a low cost?

On July 12, the national food and drug supervising body said customs and related officials had solved some smuggling cases and seized smuggled meat, including some frozen four or five years ago. In the Xinhua report, an anonymous law enforcing officer said the meat had been frozen in the “1960s and 1970s”, leading to the term “zombie meat”.

Some people say the public should not get lost in the argument over the age of the “zombie meat” because all expired frozen meat, smuggled or not, is harmful to human health. By getting involved in such arguments, people tend to miss the point. For ordinary consumers, meat frozen four decades ago is apparently a greater health hazard than that frozen, say, four years ago. But the fact that, if such aged expired meat could enter the market, it would show there is a big loophole in the food safety supervision system.

If the authorities don’t have evidence of such zombie meat, they should not present the story in way that allows journalists to look at the worst case scenario, because that could spread panic among the people.

People are waiting for the authorities to explain the “zombie meat” scandal. And the authorities are obliged to provide clear answers, based on scientific tests, on this case and more importantly, prevent similar cases in the future.

Most Viewed Today's Top News
...
主站蜘蛛池模板: 成人午夜久久精品 | 欧美成人做性视频在线播放 | 成人无遮挡毛片免费看 | 一级绝黄| 久久精品视频亚洲 | 视频一区欧美 | 我们2018在线完整免费观看 | 一级网站在线观看 | 日本www高清免费视频观看 | 欧美一级特黄高清免费 | 国产精品99久久久久久www | 久久99国产乱子伦精品免费 | 欧美一级在线视频 | 99久热在线精品视频播 | 美女在线网站免费的 | 久久国产午夜精品理论片34页 | 高清一级毛片免免费看 | 亚洲一区二区三区在线播放 | 国产成人精品免费视频大全五级 | 国产精品亚洲高清一区二区 | 92自拍视频 | 欧美视频网站在线观看 | 免费观看欧美精品成人毛片 | avove在线播放 | 美女被男人桶到嗷嗷叫爽网站 | 国产精品久久久久久久久 | 久草网在线观看 | 成人α片| 免费一级欧美大片在线观看 | 八戒午夜精品视频在线观看 | 美女被免费视频的网站 | 午夜欧美成人香蕉剧场 | 欧美高清一区 | 亚洲精品视 | 长腿嫩模打开双腿呻吟 | 99久久综合精品免费 | 免费一区二区三区在线视频 | 亚洲综合免费视频 | 韩国巨胸女三级视频网 | 九九精品视频在线观看 | 免费看岛国视频在线观看 |