久久亚洲国产成人影院-久久亚洲国产的中文-久久亚洲国产高清-久久亚洲国产精品-亚洲图片偷拍自拍-亚洲图色视频

Illness forces Venus Williams out of the US Open

Updated: 2011-09-01 10:16

(Agencies)

  Comments() Print Mail Large Medium  Small 分享按鈕 0

Illness forces Venus Williams out of the US Open 

Venus Williams of the U.S. hits a return to Vesna Dolonts of Russia during their match at the U.S. Open tennis tournament in New York, August 29, 2011.??[Photo/Agencies]

NEW YORK - Venus Williams quit the US Open on Wednesday after revealing she was suffering from a chronic illness that threatens her future in the sport.

The former world number one told officials she was withdrawing from the event less than an hour before she was due to play Germany's Sabine Lisicki in the second round.

Then she dropped the bombshell, with her first public explanation of exactly what has been troubling her.

"I have recently been diagnosed with Sjogren's Syndrome, an autoimmune disease which is an ongoing medical condition that affects my energy level and causes fatigue and joint pain," she said in a statement.

Williams said she hoped to resume playing after receiving treatment for the disease but the odds may be stacked against her reaching her best. She is already 31 and has not won a grand slam singles title in more than three years.

I think she's a tough girl," Lisicki said. "I think she'll come back."

Robin Soderling also pulled out on Wednesday, because of a mystery virus that has plagued him for weeks, becoming the biggest casualty so far in the men's draw.

The Swede was seeded sixth and regarded as one of the few players able to challenge the big four of Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal, Novak Djokovic and Andy Murray.

All four have sailed through to the second round without any fanfare with Murray launching his campaign with a 7-6 6-2 6-3 victory over Somdev Devvarman of India on Wednesday.

The Scotsman admitted he played below his best but he had little cause to worry as he cruised to victory.

"It's all about just winning," Murray said. "That's all that matters at the end of the day."

Juan Martin Del Potro made his overdue return to the U.S. Open since his stunning victory in 2009. The towering Argentine crushed Italy's Filippo Volandri 6-3 6-1 6-1.

"It's my favourite tournament," Del Potro said. "I'm really happy to get the opportunity to play here again."

Del Potro was unable to defend his title last year after suffering a wrist injury that kept him off the circuit for nearly nine months.

The women's draw, already depleted by the absence of Kim Clijsters and the early defeats of of Petra Kvitova and Li Na, suffered another high-profile loss when eighth seed Marion Bartoli was beaten 7-6 6-2 by American Christina McHale.

Russia's Vera Zvonareva, last year's runner-up and the second seed this time around, was never in any real danger of joining the casualty list even though she had a tough workout against Kateryna Bondarenko of Ukraine before triumphing 7-5 3-6 6-3.

 

主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产爽爽视频 | 古代级a毛片在线 | 女人张开腿给男人桶爽免费 | caoporen免费公开视频上传 | 亚洲日韩精品欧美一区二区一 | 在线亚洲精品中文字幕美乳 | 国产午夜精品理论片免费观看 | 亚洲精品视频专区 | 另类专区另类专区亚洲 | 亚洲欧洲一区二区三区久久 | 日韩经典视频 | 欧美精品一区二区三区四区 | 久久93精品国产91久久综合 | 好吊操这里只有精品 | 久久99亚洲网美利坚合众国 | 亚洲一级毛片中文字幕 | 欧美—级v免费大片 | 欧美毛片一级的免费的 | 欧美亚洲另类在线 | 美女被强行扒开双腿激情视频 | 国内精品久久久久久久影视麻豆 | 99视频在线免费 | 国产成人午夜福在线观看 | 国产一级免费视频 | 日韩三级在线播放 | 日本二级毛片免费 | 久草视频在| 又黄又免费的网站 | 视频网18免费 | 女人十八一级毛片 | 亚洲国产激情在线一区 | 做爰www免费看视频 1024色淫免费视频 | 国产成人在线视频网站 | 亚洲日产2021三区 | 400部大量精品情侣网站 | 久草中文在线 | 国产高清久久 | 欧美视频在线一区二区三区 | 天天舔夜夜操 | 手机毛片在线观看 | 99免费在线播放99久久免费 |