久久亚洲国产成人影院-久久亚洲国产的中文-久久亚洲国产高清-久久亚洲国产精品-亚洲图片偷拍自拍-亚洲图色视频

US EUROPE AFRICA ASIA 中文
Sports / Soccer

Workers end strike after protest near World Cup stadium

(Agencies) Updated: 2014-04-11 13:38

Workers end strike after protest near World Cup stadium

Children, carrying soccer balls, stand in front of a graffiti-covered wall during a protest by non-governmental organization (NGO) Rio de Paz (Rio of Peace) at the Jacarezinho slum in Rio de Janeiro April 5, 2014. The protest was to tell FIFA President Sepp Blatter to be aware of the conditions of the slums in Rio de Janeiro, as well as a call for the Brazilian government to improve education, health and public services so that they will achieve the same standards as the 2014 World Cup stadiums, according to the organization. [Photo/Agencies]

SAO PAULO - Workers ended a strike at the World Cup stadium in the southern Brazilian city of Curitiba after disrupting traffic for nearly two hours and forcing organizers to accept their demands on Thursday.

More than 100 workers returned to work at the Arena da Baixada after organizers promised to begin paying the salaries owed to them.

The workers had blocked streets outside the stadium, causing problems to drivers trying to get to work in the region.

About 50 workers had been on strike since Monday and more joined the movement in recent days, threatening to halt construction at the already delayed venue and raising concerns about whether it could be finished in time for the tournament.

Curitiba officials said the work stoppage did not significantly affect the stadium's renovation. There are nearly 1,300 workers at the construction site.

"It was just a small group of workers, it wasn't anything major," said Reginaldo Cordeiro, the Curitiba official in charge of the city's World Cup preparations. "They are all back at work now."

FIFA expects the Arena da Baixada to be fully ready in mid-May, about a month before the World Cup opener on June 12 in Sao Paulo. The first World Cup match in Curitiba will be Iran-Nigeria on June 16. It will also host Honduras-Ecuador on June 20, Australia-Spain on June 23 and Algeria-Russia on June 26.

Only electrical technicians went on strike on Monday, but cleaning workers later also joined the movement. Brazilian media reported that some Haitians hired by local companies were among the workers complaining of lack of payments.

The company that was supposed to make the payments said it had not received funds from the government and from Atletico Paranaense, the club in charge of the stadium's renovation. Atletico sent a statement to The Associated Press saying it will "not comment on the subject."

City officials said a solution was reached late Wednesday and all the salaries were being paid again.

Last month, the Parana state government watchdog group recommended a halt on public financing for the rest of the renovation work until organizers could explain alleged irregularities on the stadium's budget.

Organizers held the first test event at the Arena da Baixada in March with Atletico Paranaense playing a friendly in front of about 10,000 fans.

Two other World Cup stadiums are yet to be finished, including the one hosting the opener in Sao Paulo. Part of the work there was stopped because of a recent worker's death. The other stadium yet to be completed is in the wetlands city of Cuiaba.

Previous Page 1 2 3 4 Next Page

Most Popular
What's Hot
Highlights
Special
...
主站蜘蛛池模板: 丝袜紧身裙国产在线播放 | 欧美成人在线网站 | 99久久综合给久久精品 | 国产欧美一区二区日本加勒比 | 欧美一区二区三区在线观看免费 | 欧美一级毛片免费网站 | 怡红院在线观看视频 | 亚洲精品三区 | 欧美日本一区二区三区道 | 精品国产综合区久久久久久 | 真人毛片免费全部播放完整 | 欧美成人xxxx | 深夜福利网站 | 国产理论最新国产精品视频 | 久久久国产成人精品 | 精品国产成人高清在线 | 欧美一级久久久久久久大片 | 亚洲人在线 | 视频二区好吊色永久视频 | 中文字幕亚洲精品第一区 | 97国产精品视频观看一 | 午夜伦y4480影院中文字幕 | 视频精品一区二区 | 免费观看一级欧美在线视频 | 国产欧美一区二区成人影院 | 欧美日韩高清在线观看一区二区 | 日韩性网站 | 国产成人亚洲合集青青草原精品 | 动漫精品一区二区 | 日韩欧美在线一区二区三区 | 一区二区三区在线观看视频 | 国产人成午夜免费噼啪视频 | 在线亚洲精品国产成人二区 | 毛片aaa | 国产孕妇孕交视频 | 东京一区二区三区高清视频 | 91tv成人影院免费 | 99re这里只有精品99 | 欧美成人亚洲国产精品 | 亚洲第一综合网站 | 亚洲精品视频网 |