久久亚洲国产成人影院-久久亚洲国产的中文-久久亚洲国产高清-久久亚洲国产精品-亚洲图片偷拍自拍-亚洲图色视频

US EUROPE AFRICA ASIA 中文
Sports / Tennis

Top guns on the way out, but not yet - Nadal

By Reuters in Paris (China Daily) Updated: 2014-05-31 07:52

Rafa Nadal and the other members of the "big four" know a new band of brash youngsters are on the horizon, but the Spaniard showed on Thursday they will not be handing over the keys to the trophy cabinet just yet.

The Spaniard was up against Austrian wunderkind Dominic Thiem in the second round of the French Open, and while the 6-2, 6-2, 6-3 scoreline did not do his opponent justice, Nadal was clearly the master as he took another step towards a record-extending ninth title at the claycourt slam.

World No 1 Nadal raised his game significantly to snuff out any chance of an upset, fending off a mini crisis in the third set when 20-year-old Thiem began to threaten.

At nearly 28, 13-time Grand Slam champion Nadal knows his career is probably entering the final chapters, but he said any takeover at the top is not imminent.

"Our generation is now on the way out, you know, like Murray, Djokovic, Federer, Berdych and others; we have been here for a long while," Nadal said.

"A generation is walking away and others will replace us. It will not come overnight, but it will come.

"I am almost 28. Djokovic and Andy are 27. Federer is, I don't know, 32. The new generation, new players, have to come.

"We're not gonna be here for 10 more years."

But that is for the future. For now, Nadal only has eyes on adding another Roland Garros title to his CV.

After a patchy - by his own high standards - claycourt season, he was pleased to move up a notch against Thiem.

"I played the way I wanted to play. I resisted when he was going for his shots, very powerful forehand and a good backhand," said Nadal, who next faces Argentine Leonardo Mayer.

"When I had to play long points I did well. When I had to attack and move him, I think I did well.

"I went to the net a few times. I'm happy with the way I returned today."

It was indeed more like the Nadal that has been virtually unbeatable for a decade.

His forehand was spinning wickedly, his defence was brickwall and his determination unquenchable.

Thiem's booming groundstrokes, particularly his inside-out forehand, caused Nadal trouble, but the Spaniard too often had the extra shot.

After recovering from a break down in the third set, he sealed the win on his second match point.

"He's lost one match here in 10 years or something, so I knew that it was going be the biggest challenge in my tennis career," said Thiem.

"I will be learning a lot from today's match, for sure.

"It's really important to play against these guys a lot, against these top guys, because it's more important than every practice, I think. I hope I can take a lot with me from this match."

Thiem, who stunned Australian Open champion Stanislas Wawrinka in the second round of the Madrid Masters last month, looks on his way to the top - and Nadal was impressed.

"The normal thing is Dominic will be there in a short period of time, and he will have his chances to become a top star and fight for these tournaments," he said.

Nadal's French Open record is now 61-1 and his dominance shows no sign of fading.

(China Daily 05/31/2014 page11)

Most Popular
What's Hot
Highlights
Special
...
主站蜘蛛池模板: 九九九国产视频 | 日本强不卡在线观看 | 亚洲成a人片在线观看中文 亚洲成a人片在线观看中文!!! | 久草网视频在线观看 | 日本波多野结衣在线 | 国产高清视频免费在线观看 | 另类视频一区 | 黄色一级网址 | 91成人在线免费观看 | 美女性视频网站 | 乱码在线中文字幕加勒比 | 欧美一级片在线视频 | 久久99国产精品久久 | 国产亚洲精品九九久在线观看 | 99视频精品在线 | 国产美女一区二区在线观看 | www.成人在线视频 | 国产呦精品一区二区三区网站 | 夜夜操影院 | 在线看欧美日韩中文字幕 | 国产精品一区二区久久精品涩爱 | 97视频免费在线 | 偷看各类wc女厕嘘在线观看 | 欧美一级毛片免费大片 | 国产精品分类视频分类一区 | 草草草在线 | 国产成人高清视频在线观看免费97 | 日本三级香港三级网站 | 日韩激情中文字幕一区二区 | 亚洲免费一| 欧美成人一区二区三区在线视频 | 九九精品久久久久久噜噜 | 午夜淫片| 末满18以下勿进色禁网站 | 91理论片| 日韩亚洲欧美一区噜噜噜 | 亚洲国产高清在线精品一区 | 亚洲韩国日本欧美一区二区三区 | 在线免费观看精品 | 毛片亚洲毛片亚洲毛片 | 在线播放国产一区二区三区 |